7 States To Arm National Guard Members

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Good for them. But am I the only one who thinks trained service members being forcibly unarmed while on duty is stupid?

If I was visiting a recruiting center, I would expect them to have at least a hand gun. Maybe not wearing it (although I would not find it alarming if they were), but at least in the facility. These people are trained and sworn to protect America and her citizens. Why have them unarmed when on duty, even if their only task that day is to recruit new members?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Good for them. But am I the only one who thinks trained service members being forcibly unarmed while on duty is stupid?

If I was visiting a recruiting center, I would expect them to have at least a hand gun. Maybe not wearing it (although I would not find it alarming if they were), but at least in the facility. These people are trained and sworn to protect America and her citizens. Why have them unarmed when on duty, even if their only task that day is to recruit new members?
Partially because they aren't allowed to do it in a civilian capacity, and that is what recruitment is. In some cases, I suppose it is stepping on the police, but shit, they ain't going to stop it. Even though recruiters are apart of the military, they have to function within the state and local laws, which in many cases means they can't carry a weapon, or even have a weapon on the premises.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT IF THEY GOT A CARRY PERMIT FROM THE STATE THEY ARE IN?
BUT ON THE FLIP SIDE, THE MORE PEOPLE THAT CARRY GUNS, THE MORE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO BE HURT. EVEN PEOPLE THAT SWEAR TO UPHOLD THE LAW AND PROTECT THE PEOPLE, STILL GO BAD.