A successful day of 'fishing'

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The rain was pouring down, and there, standing in front of a big puddle outside the pub, was an old Irishman, drenched, holding a stick, with a piece of string dangling in the water.

A passer-by stopped and asked, "What are you doing?" "Fishing," replied the old man.

Feeling sorry for the old man, the gent says, "Come in out of the rain and have a drink with me."

In the warmth of the pub, as they sip their whiskies, the gentleman cannot resist asking, "So how many have you caught today?"

"You're the eighth," says the old man.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[UNRELATED SIDE NOTE: That's the type of "fishing" that led to my nickname Fish and/or Mighty Fish. In my prime as a bowler, few were able to beat me when bowling for money, and originally, observers would say things such as, "When Bill bowls people for money, it's as if he's reeling money right out of their wallet." Not much later, I was referred to as Fisher (with my "victims" called Fishees) ... and Fisher was shortened to Fish, and a nickname was born, and I've had that nickname since the early '70s. Also being called Mighty Fish, I've used that screen name in all other Internet bowling (and other) forums except this one.]