ADT?

MI2AZ

Has anyone here tried Joe Slowinski's new drilling method, the ADT?

Here is what he posted about it:

In addition to bowlers commenting on how the hand sits better on the ball, these are quotes of those who have tried the Anatomical Drilling Technique:

"I will be recommending that all bowlers who come to me at least Consider the anatomical grip. It is similar to the tri grip but the instructions are more scientific, thorough, and precise."

"Anyway, even though I'm really happy with my current fit i found that the ball fitted a lot more comfortably in the hand and made my release feel a lot more effortless. Immediately i noticed that my speed and rev rate increased and even my track was slightly higher then before. Straight off the bat I hit games of 225, 238 and 247, usually i average 210 in our house but shot execution seems to have improved. From what i can see, I'm impressed with his method."

"Wow! Amazing how comfortable it is! Drilled it up for league last night, got there late no time to practice throw with it. Decided to just to roll with it anyway....223, 289, 247. Have to work with the lateral pitch a little but not soreness in wrist or forearm. Thank you so much for releasing this drilling technique."

"I honestly was hoping I would not like this fit as changing equipment is not cheap. But that did not work out. It definitely comes of the hand a lot cleaner and more explosive at the release. I threw about 20 shots with it then tried throwing my old span. My old span felt contorted trying to get it off my hand, I could really feel the drag on my thumb. Also I felt I was lot more accurate and able to close up my angles. Definitely worth giving a shot. Will bowl a full league set Tuesday and update."

"got this new drilling technique.... and to be fair it was strange getting used to it during the first game which was a 164 second game carried on using the ball and got used to how it felt I ended up hitting a 256 and the last game still with the same ball I hit a 210 to make a 630 series. So all in all it felt weird at first but once I got used to it, it just felt more fluent off the hand and had a better reaction on the lane ."

" "I can say that I noticed many differences:
a. more time up the back.
b. higher track, having a better ball read at the same time.
c. could transition to different releases, easier.
d. better aiming, when visualizing 3 spots on the lane, easier and repetitively.
e. swing was better on the way that I managed to get the ball higher and feel the 0 gravity spot at the highest point, more profoundly .
f. no wrist tension, of course, no fingers - thumb issue, at all.
g. The only "negative", if I could say, is that because of the difference in left lateral thumb pitch, (I had already 1/16 and now I have 9/16), I have nor room overall in thumb hole, but with 2 tapes now it's totally normal.
Other than that, everything is a pleasant surprise, for the new point of view and the different options given to our beloved sport.
I thing you've done an excellent job and as a fellow coach I feel to congratulate you and deposit my admiration for the way you approach things and the help you give us to continue."

"I've seen both methods [Tri-Grip & ADT] and I feel both are based off of similar science/methods. I have also drilled a ball with both methods and tried both grips. I would say what Joe has is much easier and quicker to do and for me felt much better. It has been a year or two since I looked at TriGrip (it wasn't for me) but if I remember correctly both add more than standard left lateral pitch in the thumb. I would also say that Joe's method seems to better transfer how the hand works/grips to the actual layout on the ball (at least in my mind).

I've been doing something really similar to the ADT method for a couple of years now but what Joe suggested tweaks what I am doing just a bit. It also felt better than what I currently have but also have only bowled a couple games with it. I feel like I release the ball cleaner and I can manipulate my release much easier. The ball also sits down on my palm much nicer and almost feels like it does if I were to grip the ball with only my fingers (leave my thumb out). I've always felt like I have to turn my elbow/shoulder in order to clear the ball with my thumb and I didn't have this feeling when I tried the ADT method, which now has me intrigued. I've never had wrist or finger pain in the past so I can't comment on those.

So far my only issue is on spare shots my thumb rubs a bit on the inside (old grip thumb rubs a bit on outside on strike shot). I talked to Joe about this and he suggested I add an additional 1/64 to the top of my oval to combat this. I haven't tried this yet but have a ball drilled with this now and am planning on throwing it today.

I would definitely suggest trying out Joe's method."

If you are interested in purchasing the Anatomical Drilling Technique PDF, click here for the Pay Pal link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr…

MI2AZ

Anyways, I had a ball drilled up with the ADT but I don't think we got the thumb pitch exactly right. I am waiting for an email reply about that to see what has to be corrected.

Bowled four games with it over two days of league. First game was a 171, then a clean 197, followed by a low 200. My spare ball is still the old layout so it was different having to switch between the two grips. I hung up in the thumb a couple of times, thus the email to figure out what pitch I should have. Used it again the next night for the last game and bowled another low 200. It felt better that game but I will wait for the email reply before proceeding more with it.

MI2AZ

I had to have the thumb slugged and redrilled with more left lateral and no forward pitch, according to Slowinski. Tried it in league but felt like I was dropping it. Slowinski wants to go by the old span/pitch charts which recommend mostly reverse pitch, but other coaches like Ron Clifton suggest more forward pitch which is what I was going with prior to this ball. Not sure if the dropping is because of the lack of forward pitch or not. Will experiment more with it next week.