Alabama Supreme Court Ruled on Gay Marriage Today

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I really don't get all the fuss. I've never seen this much shit about anything in all my life. I mean, WHY does anyone care who someome marries? What's the difference if they marry a fucking goat, a man, or a woman? Who do these people think they are telling someone they can't marry who they want? I just don't get it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I really don't get all the fuss. I've never seen this much shit about anything in all my life. I mean, WHY does anyone care who someome marries? What's the difference if they marry a fucking goat, a man, or a woman? Who do these people think they are telling someone they can't marry who they want? I just don't get it.

MI2AZ

Greg T said:

Greg,
Respect the members here, please. Don't you mean ...sheep, a man, or a woman?
:)

MI2AZ

Greg T said:

Greg,

born1

Just another AG trying to make a name for themself off the taxpayer's money, knowing eventually, it will get over turned.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
MI 2 AZ said:
Greg T said:

Greg,

I was trying not to tug at 9's heart strings.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
PEOPLE'S RIGHTS??
Agreed. Government has no right sticking it's nose into people's marriages. I don't even know why the government requires documentation of a "legal" officiant. To be married, a couple should need only to fill out a form registering them as a legal couple, using the county clerk as a witness. This would would be filed and used for tax purposes only.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE ONLY RIGHT PEOPLE HAVE LEFT IS TO VOTE FOR THE NEXT GUY TO TAKE SOMETHING ELSE AWAY FROM THEM.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Greg T said:
MI 2 AZ said:
Greg T said:

Greg,

I was trying not to tug at 9's heart strings.
The SLA (Sheep Lovers of America) have been waiting patiently to see how this all plays out. We have much smaller numbers in the USA than the LGBT community, so we're letting them pave the way and set precedents we hope to capitalize on later. Once the LGBT gets gay marriage pushed through to all 50 states, you will see NZSL (New Zealand Sheep Lovers - the oldest Sheep Lovers chapter in the world) help the SLA launch our campaign to allow human/sheep marriages in the USA. Look for the fluffy wool clouds gently held between velcro mittens - that is our Worldwide Symbol used on all our banners/letterhead/bumper stickers!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Does this mean that people who ignore sheep's rights and force them to abide by unfair rules are Woolly Bullies?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
PEOPLE'S RIGHTS??
Ok. I'll bite. Is Marriage a right? Even Historically?

Historically, that answer is no. Different cultures and societies have different requirements for marriage. Some are arranged, some are fixed, some require dowries..

Now, you could say who gives a shit about the past. Well, anyone who cares about rights ought to. Our legal system and judiciary system is founded on common law. Common law is about precedence or prior precedence.

Fundamentally, in the case of marriage, the judiciary system is at odds with the legisltative system. Marrige is not explicitly defined as a right in the Constitution. In that case, one could look at prior precidence to figure out if marriage is a right. Well, there is no prior precidence here.

Obviously, we will have such precidence with the supreme court rules.

Under the constitution, marriages fell under the laws of the states. States Rights dictate the requirements to marry or obtain such license. The act of obtaining a licence in and of itself legally would indicate that the states are granting privelages, not rights.
So, just because we want something to be a right, that doesn't mean it legally is a right. Here in the state of Alabama, we are open carry. We can own guns in our homes. It is a privelage to obtain a carry conceal license, not a right.

So, Peoples Privelages is more accurate in the context of marriage than people's rights. The proper process would to be just to pass a federal ammendment. It would pass 2/3 of the states anyways.

Well stated Jason. There are certain fundamental rights that predate the constitution and are due and granted constitutional protection. Even if the right to marry falls into this category, I question whether that right, as it presumably existed prior to drafting of the constitution, entailed the right for a man to marry a man. For this reason, I would consider suspect, any ruling upholding gay marriage based on a supposed right to marry.
The equal protection argument is somewhat different.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My point is that people( life) have been pairing off since the beginning of time. It's how we populated the earth. Why would anyone think they have the right to stop people from pairing off? Who actually has the right to STOP people of being together? Makes no sense to me.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Evidently people who pass open carry laws.
There are no open carry laws. The 2A guarrantees that. It would be the same people who make concealing a privy rather than a right.

The legal issue is whether the state must condone and support gay unions, affording them the same benefits as it does traditional unions. The law does not purport to tell people who they can group up with. I have yet to see a gay couple procreate together so I don't think they have done much to populate the earth. I can't wait to see how the SCOTUS rules. I don't think they will say that the right to gay union is fundamental and predates the constitution as a part of our inalienable rights. This would leave equal protection as the out if they rule in favor of gay unions.

JLS

All I can say is....This is Alabama...Who really gives a crap...The only things good out of Alabama are...Football and golf at the Trent Jones Trails golf course...

The rest is people having babies in the back of pickups trucks...

And the first words out their mouth....F-ing n word...

So really...who f-ing cares about anything from Alabama...

Has anyone ever heard of Obama going there....

I don't think so...

My dear friend Jls, been spending too much time on the golf course and dreaming about young, well developed female golfers.... less I get distracted.
Obama has been here several times. He and his entire family will be in Selma this weekend to walk across the bridge with approximately 95 members of congress. Then they will leave.

CRD, I expect that is what the SCOTUS will rule. Hence, the answer to the legal question. Still leaves the moral question. A bill passed through committee yesterday in the Alabama Senate giving judges and preachers immunity if they refuse to perform gay marriages.