Alabama Supreme Court Ruled on Gay Marriage Today

Cool Rocking Daddy said:
That will be a windfall for the judges and preachers wod will perform gay marriages. Isn't it amazing all the contortions people and govt go thru to justify their discriminatory practices? Of deny them?
I think that the bill is superfluous. Preachers and judges can lawfully object based on their religion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Jason aka Djarum said:
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
PEOPLE'S RIGHTS??
Ok. I'll bite. Is Marriage a right? Even Historically?

Historically, that answer is no. Different cultures and societies have different requirements for marriage. Some are arranged, some are fixed, some require dowries..

Now, you could say who gives a shit about the past. Well, anyone who cares about rights ought to. Our legal system and judiciary system is founded on common law. Common law is about precedence or prior precedence.

Fundamentally, in the case of marriage, the judiciary system is at odds with the legisltative system. Marrige is not explicitly defined as a right in the Constitution. In that case, one could look at prior precidence to figure out if marriage is a right. Well, there is no prior precidence here.

Obviously, we will have such precidence with the supreme court rules.

Under the constitution, marriages fell under the laws of the states. States Rights dictate the requirements to marry or obtain such license. The act of obtaining a licence in and of itself legally would indicate that the states are granting privelages, not rights.
So, just because we want something to be a right, that doesn't mean it legally is a right. Here in the state of Alabama, we are open carry. We can own guns in our homes. It is a privelage to obtain a carry conceal license, not a right.

So, Peoples Privelages is more accurate in the context of marriage than people's rights. The proper process would to be just to pass a federal ammendment. It would pass 2/3 of the states anyways.
Junior, I am so sick of wannabe lawyers like you quoting rights, Constitution, picking and choosing what parts of said documents are relevant or not depending on what they "feel", blah blah. As soon as you're successful in striking these words from the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness.
you're just blowing hot air to cover your prejudices. Read that closely. ALL MEN. Get that? Not some men, all men (btw, do you think they meant to include women when they wrote that? If not, how did women's rights ever become part of society?)! That would include homosexuals and lesbians who were born the way they are and don't choose it. They have the same rights as those born heterosexual. Who are you or anybody else to deny that same right as you. YES, marriage is a right, or at the very least, a privilege. One that cannot be denied by a sector of societey which enjoys that very right or privilege they would deny others. Whenever you get confused on that basic tenet, read the words in red over and over. If a state's legislature can't get with the program, I would suggest somebody take out a full ad in the paper with the words in red printed on it.
WTF does the declartion of independence have to do with LAW?

And no, marriage is NOT A RIGHT. Call a lawyer and ask them. Get back to me.

JLS

CC....Well that's a first...Now the only reason Obama is coming there is...

Selma has warm weather this time of year...And two minutes after he walks over some bridge....

He will be playing golf...

7 minutes if some American gets beheaded by ISIS...or as Obama calls them ISOL...p>

The botton line here is...

It's Alabama...I think Mark Furman was born in Alabama in the back of a pickup truck...

Nothing has changed or improved in Selma...in what the last 50 years???

It's Al a fuxxcking bama...the heart of KKK land...

Oh and BTW....your leader has probably set the Black Race back 50 years...I'll bet you 50 to 1 you have seen the last Black Muslim
President...in this country...

Is Alabama even a State??? lol

Let the Gays get married already...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'll marry gays. Queer money spends just as well any other kind! ;)

JLS

Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Pretty much. People can stand on their "principles" all they want, don't complain when you don't capture any of the dough. Gays have the most disposable income of any demographic group. Typically college educated, professionals with no children. you'd be a fool not to tap into that cash flow
Now I will agree with Cool Person on that...

JLS Excuse me but could you please not bash Alabama... unless it has done something to you personally, do not lump everyone in your prejudice comments about the state as a whole. I am from this state and are nothing like your comments. Thank you. Erica

Djarum300

Addicted Member
James JLS said:

Selma has warm weather this time of year...And two minutes after he walks over some bridge....

7 minutes if some American gets beheaded by ISIS...or as Obama calls them ISOL...p>

It's Alabama...I think Mark Furman was born in Alabama in the back of a pickup truck...

Oh and BTW....your leader has probably set the Black Race back 50 years...I'll bet you 50 to 1 you have seen the last Black Muslim

Wouldn't have gone to the moon if it wasn't for Alabama. Wouldn't have ballistic missiles if it weren't for Alabama. I guess we wouldn't have your Buddy Obama if it wasn't for Illinois.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Cool Rocking Daddy said:
Really? The Constitution that you like to wrap yourself in when convenient to you is based off the Declaration of Independence and is the blueprint to obtain all the things it says we are entitled to. One more time, Junior.......We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness.
Which part about deriving rights inherent and inalienable do you not understand. Its a right if people of one persuasion can obtain it and others of a different can't. If one part of society enjoys a privilege, right, protection, whatever the hell you want to call it and another does not enjoy the same, it is DISCRIMINATION! Keep on deflecting and playing lawyer.. So tell us, Junior. You for or against gay marriage? If you are, why? If you aren't, why not? Can you answer these simple straightforward questions?
And again, the declaration of independence is not LAW. Fundamental rights cannot be revoked without due Process. Privelages can. 1. States are not required to issue marriage licenses at all. More to the point, states can legally stop issuing marriage licences to anyone. 2. Marriage licenses or contracts can be nullified by a state without due process. Is it discriminatory? Sure. I guess Im being discriminated by against the federal government because I can't get medicare.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DOESNT THE STATEMENT "PRESERVATION OF LIFE" MEAN REPRODUCTION?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Jason aka Djarum said:
James JLS said:

Wouldn't have gone to the moon if it wasn't for Alabama. Wouldn't have ballistic missiles if it weren't for Alabama. I guess we wouldn't have your Buddy Obama if it wasn't for Illinois.
BOOM!!! BURNNNNN!!!! :)