An important one-minute exchange of impeachment testimony ...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The legal system certainly does not work this way. The legal system is supposed to discover a crime, investigate, locate a suspect, gather evidence, try the suspect and determine guilt or innocence.

NOT.. Pick a person, dig and prod and scrape and manufacture and manufacture and manufacture and accuse and twist the words of so called witnesses who have NO first hand knowledge of anything until you MAY find something that MAY resemble a crime IF the witnesses' assumptions are correct. This is exactly what the democrats are doing. If they truly are interested in investigating a crime, they need not look any further than their own party.

How is this NOT quid pro quo????
Dear Greg T:

B-I-N-G-O! … but liberals seem to have a hard time grasping and/or admitting that.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
CHARGES I HEARD: OBSTRUCTION BRIBERY ABUSE OF POWER. ALL REAL AW.
Dear WAMO:

You can CHARGE anyone with ANYTHING … but there's also another mandatory factor, that being EVIDENCE , which is needed to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt."

By the way, you're only posting WHAT YOU HEARD, and that's obviously hearsay that may or may not reflect a fact situation.

bbfreeburn

Got nice talking point. - but the house has sent many bills to the senate where McConnell is sitting on them. The do nothings sit in the senate behind turtle Mitch

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ABUSE OF POWER IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE. I AM POSTING WHAT I READ AS YOU ARE POSTING WHAT YOU READ. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO THIS SITUATION? AFTER BEING SERVED A SUBPOENA, TRY TELLING A JUDGE YOUR BOSS SAID YOU DONT HAVE TO APPEAR. ABUSE OF POWER AND OBSTRUCTION. 100% PROOF. OBVIOUS REASONABLE DOUBT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND YOU FINALLY GET IT AW. I SEE YOU CHANGING YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS. "POSTING WHAT YOU HEARD", "MAY OR MAY NOT REFLECT A FACT SITUATION". SO UNTIL ITS OVER, YOU OR I DONT KNOW THE OUTCOME. IF TRUMP WASNT SCARED, WHY WOULD HE STOP HIS PEOPLE FROM GOING AND TESTIFYING? SHOWS FEAR. HE IS SCARED OF SOMETHING.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

I definitely understand how our legal system works. I was a history major at Vanderbilt University, and I am extremely well-versed in all facets of Constitutional law, and therefore, I don't have to use OTHERS' "talking points."
AW you are making too much sense. Just ignore the uninformed and uneducated.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
AND YOU FINALLY GET IT AW. I SEE YOU CHANGING YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS. "POSTING WHAT YOU HEARD", "MAY OR MAY NOT REFLECT A FACT SITUATION". SO UNTIL ITS OVER, YOU OR I DONT KNOW THE OUTCOME. IF TRUMP WASNT SCARED, WHY WOULD HE STOP HIS PEOPLE FROM GOING AND TESTIFYING? SHOWS FEAR. HE IS SCARED OF SOMETHING.
WAM it is a coup. Why should the president cooperate with a COUP? Pay attention to HOW this process has evolved with little secret meetings in the WH basement. Operating in darkness, where he controlled the witness list and leaked snippets of testimony that the Dems’ media echo chamber turned into "proof " of Trump’s guilt. The only facts are this- Everything is based on hearsay and gossip. He said she said - so it must be true. Who is the so called "whistleblower?" They don't know? So these "facts" are based on what a "ghost" said? Seriously? Schiff did everything he could to limit the defense the ability to call witnesses and limited their ability to yield time to members who’ve been in the depositions.

The aid that Barack Obama withheld was delivered by the Trump administration without any beginning of any investigations into Burisma or Hunter Biden. Now, I think that the Democrats will try to do all they can to have conjecture around those facts. But, no they just want to impeach DT.

Schiff insisted that Trump was guilty of collusion for two years before Mueller said otherwise and then continued to say it despite Mueller. In a rational world, where facts matter and credibility counts, Schiff would already be consigned to history’s dustbin alongside Sen. Joe McCarthy. Like the infamous red baiter who saw a commie behind every desk, Schiff sees evidence of “high crimes and misdemeanors” every time the president opens his mouth. It’s been that way since before Trump was inaugurated!

We do have a constitution. We do have precedents. We do have something called due process. The fact Schiff was so furious about an attempt at forcing a little bit of transparency should raise every American’s suspicions over what Schiff wants to hide.

And YOU think DT has something to hide by NOT cooperating? Looks like the Democrats have something to hide.

Think about all this if ever YOU are accused by means of gossip and and/or unnamed witness(s) and end up in court. You do want a fair trial, don't you? A judge with any merit at all would immediately dismiss the charges as ridiculous.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), high Chancellor of the Trump impeachment effort, might be getting away with murder. The impeachment circus that has engulfed D.C. has overshadowed the House Intelligence Committee chair’s egregious abuse of power. He executed a secret subpoenas adventure of phone records of prominent Republicans. He got their phone records and published them in the committee’s 300-page impeachment report. Now, the report is a work of fiction. Schiff is a liar, and nothing from House Democrats on this whole fiasco should be believed. This isn’t about the Constitution, or the framers, or the rule of law. It’s not about upholding the integrity of our institutions; Democrats have already perverted those with their deep state antics against this administration. It’s about the Democratic Party’s inability to grasp that it lost the 2016 election. Democrats wanted to boot Trump since day one of his presidency. The ironic twist is that their impeachment fetish could very well be what secures him a second term. This is not popular in swing states. No one cares. And the liberal media has been so wrong, so stupid, and so corrupt in their coverage of this White House, even Democrats in these states cannot believe what they hear. But let’s get back to that pencil head, Schiff.

He may have opened himself up to oodles of lawsuits by those he decided to go after with these secret subpoenas. Rudy Giuliani, the president’s attorney, was included in this hit list, and we now have to factor in attorney-client privilege into this whole mess. Seldom is this cast aside concerning an investigation unless the evidence of wrongdoing is overwhelming. Schiff decided to ignore those protocols because he wants to boot Trump before the 2020 election, or at least severely damage his re-election chances. It’s funny. The man who says he’s doing this for the country and the rule of law thinks he can break the rules…because he feels he’s right. What an arrogant, self-righteous little snake, huh? Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel has a good column about how Schiff engaged in gross congressional overreach:
Fanatics can justify any action, and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff this week demonstrated where that mindset leads. In his rush to paint Donald Trump as a lawbreaker, Mr. Schiff has himself trampled law and responsibility.
That’s the bottom line in Mr. Schiff’s stunning decision to subpoena the phone records of Rudy Giuliani and others. Mr. Schiff divulged the phone logs this week in his Ukraine report, thereby revealing details about the communications of Trump attorneys Jay Sekulow and Mr. Giuliani, ranking Intelligence Committee member Devin Nunes, reporter John Solomon and others. The media is treating this as a victory, when it is a disgraceful breach of ethical and legal propriety.
If nothing else, Mr. Schiff claims the ignominious distinction of being the first congressman to use his official powers to spy on a fellow member and publish the details. His report also means open season on members of the press. Mr. Giuliani over months has likely spoken to dozens of political figures and reporters—and the numbers, dates and length of those calls are now in Democrats’ hot little hands. Who gets the Schiff treatment next?
[…]
Whatever his role in the Ukraine affair, Mr. Giuliani remains the president’s personal lawyer. Law enforcement must present a judge with powerful evidence to get permission to vitiate attorney-client privilege. Mr. Schiff ignored all that, and made himself privy to data that could expose the legal strategies of the man he is investigating.
Mr. Giuliani did have notice that Democrats wanted some of his phone records. The Intelligence Committee sent a subpoena on Sept. 30, and gave him until Oct. 15 to comply. Yet before Mr. Giuliani even had an opportunity to respond, Mr. Schiff separately moved to seize his records from a phone carrier, sending his subpoena to AT&T on Sept. 30 as well.
Mr. Schiff purposely kept that action secret. This guaranteed that the only entity involved with a decision over whether to release the records was AT&T. And that gave Mr. Schiff all the cards, since companies fear political retribution far more than violating their customers’ privacy.
Well, when it comes to “powerful evidence” to wipe away an attorney-client privilege, this Trump-Ukraine fiasco has none of that. There is no compelling evidence that the president was asking for the Ukrainians to investigate the Bidens' ties to some of its energy companies or risk having military aid withheld. Ukraine got aid. And all the witnesses who testified before the House Intelligence Committee were career bureaucrats that disagreed with Trump on policy. That’s not impeachable. Also, this whole circus is grounded in hearsay. Pretty much Democrats didn’t like how Trump spoke to the Ukrainians on a phone call. Also, its star witness, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, admitted that the president could legally withhold aid temporarily. So, what the hell are we doing here, besides being witness to a quasi-coup that’s being pushed by Democrats and members of the anti-Trump deep state? In the crusade to impeach Trump, Schiff also appears to have abused his power—and it’s all in plain sight. It’s meant to be that way. It’s to show off that he can get away with it.

-Matt Vespa
townhall.com

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WAM it is a coup. Why should the president cooperate with a COUP? Pay attention to HOW this process has evolved with little secret meetings in the WH basement. Operating in darkness, where he controlled the witness list and leaked snippets of testimony that the Dems’ media echo chamber turned into "proof " of Trump’s guilt. The only facts are this- Everything is based on hearsay and gossip. He said she said - so it must be true. Who is the so called "whistleblower?" They don't know? So these "facts" are based on what a "ghost" said? Seriously? Schiff did everything he could to limit the defense the ability to call witnesses and limited their ability to yield time to members who’ve been in the depositions.

The aid that Barack Obama withheld was delivered by the Trump administration without any beginning of any investigations into Burisma or Hunter Biden. Now, I think that the Democrats will try to do all they can to have conjecture around those facts. But, no they just want to impeach DT.

Schiff insisted that Trump was guilty of collusion for two years before Mueller said otherwise and then continued to say it despite Mueller. In a rational world, where facts matter and credibility counts, Schiff would already be consigned to history’s dustbin alongside Sen. Joe McCarthy. Like the infamous red baiter who saw a commie behind every desk, Schiff sees evidence of “high crimes and misdemeanors” every time the president opens his mouth. It’s been that way since before Trump was inaugurated!

We do have a constitution. We do have precedents. We do have something called due process. The fact Schiff was so furious about an attempt at forcing a little bit of transparency should raise every American’s suspicions over what Schiff wants to hide.

And YOU think DT has something to hide by NOT cooperating? Looks like the Democrats have something to hide.

Think about all this if ever YOU are accused by means of gossip and and/or unnamed witness(s) and end up in court. You do want a fair trial, don't you? A judge with any merit at all would immediately dismiss the charges as ridiculous.
Yup :Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
REV, I HAVE SAID THAT I THINK THATS ALL THE DEMS ARE DOING, GOING AFTER DT BECAUSE HE IS DT. ALL IM SAYING IS, IF DT HAS NOTHING TO HIDE, STEP UP. PROVE THEM WRONG, DONT JUST SAY THEIR WRONG. IF NOT, THEN THAT DOES FALL BACK TO HE SAID SHE SAID THING. JUST LIKE YOU BROUGHT UP ABOUT HEARSAY AND GOING TO COURT. THAT HAPPENS EVERYDAY IN THE U.S. HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CONVICTED ON HEARSAY OR FALSE EVIDENCE THEN FOUND YEARS LATER TO NOT BE GUILTY. HAPPENS EVERYDAY. LET DT PROVE HE IS INNOCENT. THEN SHIFF, PELOSI AND ALL THE OTHER IDIOTS WILL LOSE THEIR SEATS FOR BEING INCOMPETENT. THEN TRUMP WINS TWICE.
AS A BUSINESS MAN, TRUMP LEARNED TO DELEGATE THINGS TO PEOPLE AROUND HIM. I THINK HE HAS DONE THAT IN THIS SITUATION AND IT GOT OUT OF CONTROL. DID HE TELL HIS PEOPLE TO DO WHAT THEY MAY HAVE DONE, PROBABLY NOT. BUT I GUARANTEE YOU HE SAID DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. THATS WHAT BUSINESS MEN DO. POLITICS AINT BUSINESS THOUGH.
I LIKE WHAT TRUMP HAS DONE WITH THE COUNTRY, SO FAR. BUT THE DEMS DONT BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM LOOK BAD. WHEN YOU MAKE PEOPLE LOOK BAD, THEY LOOK FOR THE BAD IN YOU. WHEN THAT HAPPENS, YOU GOTTA BE READY TO PROVE THEM WRONG.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
REV, I HAVE SAID THAT I THINK THATS ALL THE DEMS ARE DOING, GOING AFTER DT BECAUSE HE IS DT. ALL IM SAYING IS, IF DT HAS NOTHING TO HIDE, STEP UP. PROVE THEM WRONG, DONT JUST SAY THEIR WRONG.
Dear WAMO:

Are you kidding? WHY SHOULD TRUMP HAVE TO PROVE THE DEMS WRONG? Shouldn't the Dems have to prove their case, and if they officially bring charges and send to (a Senate) trial, may I assume you agree that Trump and his attorneys will have full due process and every right to bring witnesses and present FACTS and EVIDENCE to refute the charges?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CONVICTED ON HEARSAY OR FALSE EVIDENCE THEN FOUND YEARS LATER TO NOT BE GUILTY. HAPPENS EVERYDAY. LET DT PROVE HE IS INNOCENT. THEN SHIFF, PELOSI AND ALL THE OTHER IDIOTS WILL LOSE THEIR SEATS FOR BEING INCOMPETENT. THEN TRUMP WINS TWICE.
Dear WAMO:

Trump doesn't have to prove he's innocent. The Democrats haven't even decided what to charge him with, and as of now, their case is based on hearsay evidence, presumptions and their own interpretation of the law and the U.S. Constitution.

Also, importantly, a number of Democrats -- Bernie Sanders among them -- have stated that they will definitely vote to impeach him, even though no "high crimes and misdemeanors" have been alleged and SPECIFIED. They have made their decision(s) before any charges have been filed and before Trump has had an opportunity to defend himself against any charges.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AW...PLEASE. IF AND OR WHEN THEY COME OUT WITH CHARGES, YES, DT WILL HAVE TO PROVE HE IS INNOCENT. AS WOULD ANYONE ACCUSED OF ANY CRIME. THATS THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS. SO...PROVE IT NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH. WALK INTO THEIR ROOM WITH HEAD HELD HIGH AND SHOW EM. THEN, TELL THEM TO KISS YOUR ASS AND FUCK OFF. PRETTY MUCH WHAT DT IS FAMOUS FOR IN THE POLITICAL WORLD ANYWAY. END OF STORY. AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, IF THERE IS SOMETHING HE IS WORRIED ABOUT, SOMEONE WILL FINALLY TALK, THEY ALWAYS DO. WITH ALL THATS GOING ON, DT AINT THE ONLY ONE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE FOUND OUT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
AW...PLEASE. IF AND OR WHEN THEY COME OUT WITH CHARGES, YES, DT WILL HAVE TO PROVE HE IS INNOCENT. AS WOULD ANYONE ACCUSED OF ANY CRIME. THATS THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS. SO...PROVE IT NOW AND GET IT OVER WITH. WALK INTO THEIR ROOM WITH HEAD HELD HIGH AND SHOW EM. THEN, TELL THEM TO KISS YOUR ASS AND FUCK OFF. PRETTY MUCH WHAT DT IS FAMOUS FOR IN THE POLITICAL WORLD ANYWAY. END OF STORY. AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, IF THERE IS SOMETHING HE IS WORRIED ABOUT, SOMEONE WILL FINALLY TALK, THEY ALWAYS DO. WITH ALL THATS GOING ON, DT AINT THE ONLY ONE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT MIGHT BE FOUND OUT.
No, he won't. The dems have to prove his guilt. WTF? This is America where we are supposed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty. REMEMBER?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, I DID SAY "IF AND OR WHEN THEY DO COME OUT WITH CHARGES, DT WILL HAVE TO PROVE HIS INNOCENTS.". THE DEMS DONT HAVE TO PROVE HIS GUILT, ONLY COME UP WITH CHARGES. ISNT THAT EXACTLY WHAT THE COURT SYSTEM IS SET UP TO DO, PROVE GUILT OR INNOCENTS? I HAVE BEEN ARRESTED BEFORE JUST BECAUSE SOME CLOWN FUCK SAID I HIT HIM FOR NO REASON. I WAS ARRESTED JUST ON HEARSAY. SO IT HAPPENS, EVERY DAY. WITH THE BACKGROUND YOU HAVE IN TRAVELING WITH A BAND, IM SURE YOU HAVE HAD THE SAME OR SIMILAR EPISODES. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD LONG HAIR. MAYBE NOT YOU, BUT SOME OF YOUR FREINDS I'LL BET. JUST LIKE I ALSO SAID "TRUMP HAS MADE THE DEMS LOOK BAD. SO THEY ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE HIM LOOK BAD". IT IS NOT A COUP, ITS JUST POLITICS. ITS ALL JUST A GAME TO SHOW WHO HAS THE BIGGER CHEST. ITS ALL ABOUT CHASING VOTES.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
G, I DID SAY "IF AND OR WHEN THEY DO COME OUT WITH CHARGES, DT WILL HAVE TO PROVE HIS INNOCENTS."..
Dear WAMO:

If and when? An impeachment should be based on crimes actually committed by a U.S. president while in office. In this case, the Dems are still searching for a crime, and in the meantime, some Dems have already announced that they'll vote for removal from office even though they don't know what the charge(s) will be or what the evidence may show. Do you not feel that is improper and ridiculous?