Army Bound

Scolai

After 20 years with his mother and me raising him, my firstborn child has left the nest and is now a future soldier in training at Fort Benning, GA. He plans on following his lifelong dream of Airborne with the hope of working his way into Ranger school. His MOS is 11-Bravo.

Just wanted to brag a little about a big decision made by my not-so-little boy.

Reactions: JLS

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
LIKE G SAID. THANK THE YOUNG MAN FOR CARING ENOUGH ABOUT HIS COUNTRY TO PROTECT US ALL.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Scolai:

Best wishes to your son and his military endeavors -- and to all his endeavors, for that matter.

Scolai

Thanks, all. We heard from him last Friday for a few minutes. He was able to give us his address and talk to each of use for a few minutes. We're mailing him stuff life crazy while he's in basic hoping to keep his morale on the high side. He's been preparing for the experience for his entire life. I know he's doing his best to embrace the experience, but we're not going to let him get too homesick.

Family day is about 8 weeks away. Can't wait for that.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
As a bonus, his service will make paying your Federal taxes more palatable... just convince youself every dime you send in is going straight to him!

I still give my brother shit about how much I'm paying him every year! He's retired AF after 24 (or so, I forget the exact #) years active. :Thumbsup: