Ball for Big Arc?

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
I'm looking for ideas for a new bowling ball. In particular, I need a ball that doesn't skid/flip. I prefer an arc reaction.

I can get creative with drilling layouts and even dull surface, but I'm looking for a ball that is designed for more control and predictability.

Ideas?

REVerse °

So you want something with an early roll? Brunswick has always been quite rolly for me, but Motiv with a solid reactive cover may be something to consider.

JLS is the person to ask.

WAMO

HEY BOSS MAN! I AM STILL THROWING THE HYPER CELL AND CRUX. BUT MY BALL SPEED IS AROUND 19. MUCH HARDER THAN MOST THROW. I HAVE BAD LUCK WITH EARLY ROLL. YOU COULD CHECK WITH BALLARD. HE HAS LOTS OF IDEAS.

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Good ideas. I haven't thrown anything but Ebonite products for the last 7 or 8 years because I was on staff. But now that I have no contract, I'm looking at all brands. I have not really considered the boutique brands like Visionary or Lane #1. Maybe I should?

I'll back in the US next month. My ball drillers are Donna Conners and Carol Norman. They are Storm staffers so maybe they'll guide me that way.

I used to LOVE the Brunswick Danger Zone and I see that's out again. I've always been a fan of symmetrical cores... maybe the new Quantum! Oooo!

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
I'm guessing a 32' - 36' pattern. Pretty easy to bounce off 10 board. Plenty of volume so no problem with clearing the heads.

I'm still liking the idea of Brunswick, especially solid cover maybe with a little surface.

My company has a small bowling center, too. But it's super dry, so I bowl with my White Dot. Haha!

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Yeah, I know Radical is Mo and Phil. I used to be on staff with Dynothane back when Phil owned it. There's a lot of talent between those two dudes. I'm open to that. I'll look into their line.