Ball for Big Arc?

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
I'm looking for ideas for a new bowling ball. In particular, I need a ball that doesn't skid/flip. I prefer an arc reaction.

I can get creative with drilling layouts and even dull surface, but I'm looking for a ball that is designed for more control and predictability.

Ideas?

REVerse °

Addicted Member
So you want something with an early roll? Brunswick has always been quite rolly for me, but Motiv with a solid reactive cover may be something to consider.

JLS is the person to ask.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY BOSS MAN! I AM STILL THROWING THE HYPER CELL AND CRUX. BUT MY BALL SPEED IS AROUND 19. MUCH HARDER THAN MOST THROW. I HAVE BAD LUCK WITH EARLY ROLL. YOU COULD CHECK WITH BALLARD. HE HAS LOTS OF IDEAS.

MI2AZ

Tony,

When I see the words control and predictability, I think Visionary. I've had some good balls from them in the past that had those two features, like the Blue Warlock or the Blue Sparkle Gryphon but those are long discontinued. Plus, they have one of the best quality control processes out there.

For more recent releases that seem to have control and predictability, look at the Warlock XV (hybrid) for medium to medium-heavy conditions, the Raven Attack (solid) for medium-heavy oil, or if you need a strong urethane, the Crow. You can read their descriptions of what the balls were designed for to get an idea. If you have any questions on the balls, you can contact Visionary at their website.

The Radical Score was a good arcing ball for me too. It is discontinued but was available recently on eBay, don't see it listed right now.

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Good ideas. I haven't thrown anything but Ebonite products for the last 7 or 8 years because I was on staff. But now that I have no contract, I'm looking at all brands. I have not really considered the boutique brands like Visionary or Lane #1. Maybe I should?

I'll back in the US next month. My ball drillers are Donna Conners and Carol Norman. They are Storm staffers so maybe they'll guide me that way.

I used to LOVE the Brunswick Danger Zone and I see that's out again. I've always been a fan of symmetrical cores... maybe the new Quantum! Oooo!

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
I'm guessing a 32' - 36' pattern. Pretty easy to bounce off 10 board. Plenty of volume so no problem with clearing the heads.

I'm still liking the idea of Brunswick, especially solid cover maybe with a little surface.

My company has a small bowling center, too. But it's super dry, so I bowl with my White Dot. Haha!

MI2AZ

Tony, Radical is poured by Brunswick and has Mo Pinel designing the cores and Phil Cardinale designing cover stocks. There is a Radical Score available right now on eBay. This was probably their best bench mark ball, very smooth and controllable.

Visionary is headed by former Faball (original Hammer) employees so their urethane balls are usually very good. The balls are made in the former Faball factory in St. Louis.

tony

Admin
Staff member
Pimp Daddy
Yeah, I know Radical is Mo and Phil. I used to be on staff with Dynothane back when Phil owned it. There's a lot of talent between those two dudes. I'm open to that. I'll look into their line.