BASEBALL LEAGUE NAMES OUTDATED?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
CAN THEY REALLY BE CALLED THE AMERICAN AND NATIONAL LEAGUES ANYMORE?
TO MANY NON AMERICANS PLAYING IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE.
TO MANY OVERSEAS PLAYERS IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE.

born1

Gave up on baseball years ago, use to play and coach. The strike of 94 and the steriod era just totally turn me off.

The influx of hispanic players has come from the lack of inner city black americans interested in the sport.

born1

SO YOU DONT DO NFL EITHER. STRIKE AND STEROIDS USE THERE AS WELL.
I involved myself early in my life playing ball and into my young adult hood, along with bowling. So it was more personal with me than football. I saw a lot of the insights of the game that way, a hell of lot more than your normal fan. Still have friends involved in coaching, scouting and executives of the major leagues. I think if I remember right, you're a Texas Ranger fan, right?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YES SIR. I ALSO WENT TO COLLEGE ON A FULL RIDE BASEBALL SCHOLARSHIP. I CANT THINK OF ANY MAJOR LEAGUE TEAM SPORT THAT HASNT GONE THRU SOME SORT OF MISHAPPEN. THATS WHAT UNIONS AND MONEY DO TO SOME INDIVIDUALS. I STILL LOVE BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY (PLAYED JUNIOR LEAGUE FOR 2 YEARS) AND BOWLING (FOR ALMOST 60 YEARS NOW).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't have a problem with the names as long as all the players are American citizens. If not, we have a problem.