Ben Carson

Good Times Good Times

In today's irrelevant news, a human being named "Ben Carson", that has zero chance of winning (the nomination, let alone the Presidency), has announced his irrelevant candidacy.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In today's irrelevant news, a human being named "Ben Carson", that has zero chance of winning (the nomination, let alone the Presidency), has announced his irrelevant candidacy.
Regardless, Benjamin Solomon Carson would make a better president than either Hillary Rodham Clinton or Barack Hussein Obama.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WE WILL NEVER KNOW IF OBAMA IS A GOOD PRESIDENT OR NOT. AFTER ALL, WE ONLY GAVE HIM 8 YEARS.

bbfreeburn

Lack of qualifications didn't stop Obama.
LOL. I was wondering who would be the first to say that. Just in retrospective, lack of qualification didn't stop Bush 2, Harry Truman, Abe Lincoln or (probably) most of our past presidents.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
LOL. I was wondering who would be the first to say that. Just in retrospective, lack of qualification didn't stop Bush 2, Harry Truman, Abe Lincoln or (probably) most of our past presidents.

In most cases I believe that would be a good thing. Someone fresh with no experience, but has a good eye for a cabinet would be better than a career politician.

Spider

At least Truman served as an artillery officer, during WWI. A stark contrast to BHO.

Spider

As to Carson, who was born in the wastelands of Detroit and worked in the democratic haven of Baltimore, I believe he has relevance to the current discussions gripping the nation.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
In most cases I believe that would be a good thing. Someone fresh with no experience, but has a good eye for a cabinet would be better than a career politician.
Dear Greg T:

I agree, but neither of us will likely live long enough to see anyone but a career politician in the White House.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

I agree, but neither of us will likely live long enough to see anyone but a career politician in the White House.
And that is why the system doesn't work. Elected positions should be a part time job with extremely low pay, as they were intended to be.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
And that is why the system doesn't work. Elected positions should be a part time job with extremely low pay, as they were intended to be.
... and we both know that the Founding Fathers didn't intend for the country to be run by career politicians. Quite the contrary.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
... and we both know that the Founding Fathers didn't intend for the country to be run by career politicians. Quite the contrary.
Not sure I agree with that. Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin were all "career" politicians. The only one that wasn't was Washington. Adams and Jefferson were Lawyers. Not much has changed today.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Not sure I agree with that. Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin were all "career" politicians. The only one that wasn't was Washington. Adams and Jefferson were Lawyers. Not much has changed today.
Dear Djarum300

A point could be made that the Founding Fathers were actually career politicians. However, the Founding Fathers were of the belief that the concept of career politicians wouldn't become reality. Their hope was that people would serve their country for a short time, then return home to their farm or business. The framers of the nation conceived government as a vehicle to serve the COMMON GOOD rather than an INDIVIDUAL'S GOOD.