Bernie Sanders

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
These fucking democrats are done. They've destroyed the country, and now they're so fucking stupid they've destroyed their own party. It will be glorious watching election night this year!!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
These fucking democrats are done. They've destroyed the country, and now they're so fucking stupid they've destroyed their own party. It will be glorious watching election night this year!!
Dear Greg T:

Indeed, won't it be fun watching such commentators as Rachel Maddow and Wolf Blitzer on election night?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
You just mad cuz you worked all yer life like a Chump and now everybody gonna get everything for FREE!! :p

Come on Greg, FEEL THE BERN and jump on the GRAVY TRAIN!!! :Thumbsup::Roflmao:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You just mad cuz you worked all yer life like a Chump and now everybody gonna get everything for FREE!! :p

Come on Greg, FEEL THE BERN and jump on the GRAVY TRAIN!!! :Thumbsup::Roflmao:
Back when I began the laboring process there were very few entitlements to be found. One time, back in 1975, my first son was born and I found myself out of work. Yeah, I still played music but for the most part it was locally on the weekends. I was forced to apply for a little assistance while I searched for another way to pay the rent. I shit you not, I even tried the Electrolux gig, pounding on doors and receiving bloody noses!! Meanwhile, I did the right thing and told the truth to the crabby old social worker, wanting her to know I was just an honest dude with a short time need. After 45 days of barely eating and making excuses to the land lord I get an official letter in the mail. DENIED!!! My musical equipment was considered assets and it put me over the qualification limit. All I wanted was rent assistance and some food stamps for a month or so until I could find something, but it seems they want you to be without ANY visible means of support before they kick in. Rather than lightly supplement what I was making on the weekends, she wanted me to sell the equipment and live off of that money til it was gone (documenting every penny, of course) and then be a full time welfare recipient. I told her I would not do that because it made NO sense to me. She basically told me that if I quit my current part time job they would give me welfare, but supplementing someone who was trying and wanting to work was out of the question. But ya know what? Nothing has changed. The democrats still want all or nothing. They want EVERYONE to be totally dependent on the Gvt. But the free shit that is offered today is unbelievable! I just said fuck'em all and started doing mechanic work during the week and playing music on the weekends. Built up my business until I could move into a gas station, and when the EPA began dictating what I HAD to do to the smogger cars, I closed up shop and went to work as a service manager and repaired golf cars. Today is much different, until you're retired. Now, you get everything you want by simply deciding not to work, but once you HAVE worked, they fuck you in retirement. HHHmmmmmmmmmm......... Bernie, huh?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Kyle Jurek says -- among many other profane and ultra-threatening things -- that "F***ing Milwaukee will burn" if Bernie doesn't win the Democratic nomination.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Back when I began the laboring process there were very few entitlements to be found. One time, back in 1975, my first son was born and I found myself out of work. Yeah, I still played music but for the most part it was locally on the weekends. I was forced to apply for a little assistance while I searched for another way to pay the rent. I shit you not, I even tried the Electrolux gig, pounding on doors and receiving bloody noses!! Meanwhile, I did the right thing and told the truth to the crabby old social worker, wanting her to know I was just an honest dude with a short time need. After 45 days of barely eating and making excuses to the land lord I get an official letter in the mail. DENIED!!! My musical equipment was considered assets and it put me over the qualification limit. All I wanted was rent assistance and some food stamps for a month or so until I could find something, but it seems they want you to be without ANY visible means of support before they kick in. Rather than lightly supplement what I was making on the weekends, she wanted me to sell the equipment and live off of that money til it was gone (documenting every penny, of course) and then be a full time welfare recipient. I told her I would not do that because it made NO sense to me. She basically told me that if I quit my current part time job they would give me welfare, but supplementing someone who was trying and wanting to work was out of the question. But ya know what? Nothing has changed. The democrats still want all or nothing. They want EVERYONE to be totally dependent on the Gvt. But the free shit that is offered today is unbelievable! I just said fuck'em all and started doing mechanic work during the week and playing music on the weekends. Built up my business until I could move into a gas station, and when the EPA began dictating what I HAD to do to the smogger cars, I closed up shop and went to work as a service manager and repaired golf cars. Today is much different, until you're retired. Now, you get everything you want by simply deciding not to work, but once you HAVE worked, they fuck you in retirement. HHHmmmmmmmmmm......... Bernie, huh?
There are a lot of things broken with our system (IMO), and this is one of them. Welfare, food stamps, etc. SHOULD be temporary and easily accessible to those facing setbacks due to job loss, health emergency, etc. I'd much rather help someone back onto their feet than waste resources supporting someone who doesn't want to help themselves. I'm speaking of able-bodied people here, those with moderate-severe handicaps are an entirely different need/discussion.

On edit: Healthcare (including health insurance) and Education expenses are two areas in dire need of a complete overhaul as well. There is no disputing that pricing/cost to consumers in these segments has spiraled unresponsibly out of control. Free isn't the answer, and I hate to say it, but regulation or some big governmental smackdown MUST happen to reign then in.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
There are a lot of things broken with our system (IMO), and this is one of them. Welfare, food stamps, etc. SHOULD be temporary and easily accessible to those facing setbacks due to job loss, health emergency, etc. I'd much rather help someone back onto their feet than waste resources supporting someone who doesn't want to help themselves. I'm speaking of able-bodied people here, those with moderate-severe handicaps are an entirely different need/discussion.

On edit: Healthcare (including health insurance) and Education expenses are two areas in dire need of a complete overhaul as well. There is no disputing that pricing/cost to consumers in these segments has spiraled unresponsibly out of control. Free isn't the answer, and I hate to say it, but regulation or some big governmental smackdown MUST happen to reign then in.
The system is designed to hook people. Suck them in and never let go. That way, people will vote for those who offer the most. We need to go back to the "assistance" system. Someone on welfare right now is pretty much stuck. They are heavily penalized if they work at all. They should be on a 2 to 1 system. Their benefits could be reduced by 1 dollar for every two they earn. At least it's an incentive to improve.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND THATS IT 9. IF THE GOV DOESNT ISSUE WELFARE TO MOST THAT APPLY, BUT WONT WORK FOR IT, THEY SCREEM RACISM. I THINK THE SYSTEM IS TO BROKE TO FIX. WE WILL NEVER SEE IT GET BETTER.
IM NOT SURE HOOKED IS AS MUCH AN ISSUE AS LAZY, G. ALOT OF FOLKS ON WELFARE LOOK AT IT AS FREE MONEY AND DONT HAVE TO PUT OUT ANY EFFORT TO GET IT. 2 FOR 1 MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA. BUT AT THIS POINT, THOSE FOLKS THAT HAVNT HAD A JOB IN 10 YEARS, AINT GETTIN 1. ITS TO EASY TO JUST SIT AROUND AND COLLECT. AND NOONE WILL HIRE THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVNT WORKED IN 10 YEARS. MOST OF THOSE FOLKS DONT CARE THAT THEY HAVE TO LIVE SECTION 8 OR WORSE, THEY ARE USE TO IT AND THATS HOW ALL THEIR FREINDS LIVE. NO INCENTIVE AT ALL.

Scolai

I had the same experience as Greg after my first child was born. We applied for assistance and were denied because the single wide we lived in was considered an asset. Obviously, the people who denied me know nothing about owning a single wide.

Fast forward 15 years or so. Hurricane Irene drops 50,000 lbs of oak tree on my house. Two blocks from my house is the Town building where FEMA was doling out funds to 'victims' of the hurricane. The day after I watched my 100-year-old Victorian get smashed under a tree, I went over to the FEMA trailer to ask for temporary assistance while waiting for the insurance adjuster to get to our claim. They asked for my info and situation, then flatly denied my request. Meanwhile, the scourge of humanity were in line getting $500-$750 to replace the food they 'lost' due to power outages.

I was looking at this FEMA fucker like, "Bitch. Look over there. See that house that's getting face-fucked by that tree? That's MY FUCKING HOUSE! I have no electricity. I have no roof. I HAVE A FUCKING TREE IN MY ATTIC!" Meanwhile, these other fuckers are there because their power went out for a few hours, so every fucking scrap off free food they got with their EBT card had 'gone bad'.

The system is rigged against the producers. I've often wondered why I haven't 'lost my job' and become a ward of the state. Then I remember that I have a strong desire to not rely on others for my subsistence.

Here's the damage to my house that didn't warrant FEMA assistance:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Holy shit! Yeah, I feel ya, dude. I'm just satisfied that I was able to be good enough at a few things in my life that I was able to keep on keepin on and never had to succumb to the vacuum of welfare. Even in the hard times of the depressed economy of the U.P. I made my way.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOPE NOBODY GOT HURT SCOLAI. I HAD TO DRAW UNEMPLOYMENT ONCE FOR A MONTH. MADE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE CAN LIVE THAT WAY.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Holy shit! Yeah, I feel ya, dude. I'm just satisfied that I was able to be good enough at a few things in my life that I was able to keep on keepin on and never had to succumb to the vacuum of welfare. Even in the hard times of the depressed economy of the U.P. I made my way.
... and you should take extreme pride that you DIDN'T "sccumb to the vacuum of welfare."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HOPE NOBODY GOT HURT SCOLAI. I HAD TO DRAW UNEMPLOYMENT ONCE FOR A MONTH. MADE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE CAN LIVE THAT WAY.
I've used unemployment a few times in my life. Was never on for a lengthy period, but still made me feel inadequate. I used to, shall we say..embellish my resume on occasion when applying for a job I KNEW wasn't in my wheel house. That's when I found out I could actually do much more that I thought I could.

Scolai

I was standing at the door when the tree started to fall. I ran down the hall away from the front of the house and got about halfway there when the tree hit. My oldest child was the only other person in the house. My three younger children were across the street, and my wife was in Colorado on an elk hunt.

Everyone was fine. Just the house was victimized.