Biden hypocrisy: His 2016 position on end-of-term SCOTUS nominee

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Biden, along with many of his Democratic colleagues, has apparently forgotten -- or conveniently forgotten -- that they took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Democrats: "Constitution? We don't need no stinking constitution. .... unless it's convenient."

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IN MARCH 2016 OBAMA SELECTED GARLAND AS THE NEXT JUDGE TO REPLACE THE LATE SCOLIA, WHEN HE WAS STILL PRES OF AMERICA UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE U.S.

IN MARCH 2016 SENATE MAJORITY LEADER, MITCH McCONNELL DECLARED ANY APPOINTMENT BY THE SITTING PRESIDENT TO BE NULL AND VOID. HE SAID THE NEXT SUPREME COURT JUSTICE SHOULD BE CHOSEN BY THE NEXT PRESIDENT - TO BE ELECTED LATER THAT YEAR. 8 MONTHS LATER TO BE EXACT.

I GUESS REP SENATE LEADER McCONNELL IS A DEM AT HEART THEN. G, LOOKS LIKE YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT THE DEMS HAS McCONNELLS BLESSING AS WELL. GUESS IT WAS CONVENIET AT THAT TIME HUH.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IN MARCH 2016 OBAMA SELECTED GARLAND AS THE NEXT JUDGE TO REPLACE THE LATE SCOLIA, WHEN HE WAS STILL PRES OF AMERICA UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE U.S.

IN MARCH 2016 SENATE MAJORITY LEADER, MITCH McCONNELL DECLARED ANY APPOINTMENT BY THE SITTING PRESIDENT TO BE NULL AND VOID. HE SAID THE NEXT SUPREME COURT JUSTICE SHOULD BE CHOSEN BY THE NEXT PRESIDENT - TO BE ELECTED LATER THAT YEAR. 8 MONTHS LATER TO BE EXACT.

I GUESS REP SENATE LEADER McCONNELL IS A DEM AT HEART THEN. G, LOOKS LIKE YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT THE DEMS HAS McCONNELLS BLESSING AS WELL. GUESS IT WAS CONVENIET AT THAT TIME HUH.
I havent done the research, but if what you say is true, it solidifies my point. Apparently the dems think its okay for Bam Bam to fill the spot, but not Trump.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IT SOLIDIFIES THE POINT THAT THE REPS DONT FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION UNLESS IT FITS THEIR NEEDS. BUT YOU SAY ITS OK FOR THE REPS TO BLOW OFF BAM BAM AND THE CONSTITUTION FOR 8 MONTHS BUT NOT OK FOR THE DEMS TO BLOW OFF TRUMP AND THE CONSTITUTION FOR 3 WEEKS. IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT, YOU ARE NOT THE GUY I THOUGHT YOU WERE.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
2016 QUOTE FROM DONALD TRUMP ON BAM BAM APPOINTMENT OF GARLAND TO SCOTUS: "I DONT THINK IT SHOULD HAPPEN UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION. AND I BELIEVE I AM IN LINE WITH THE REPUBLICAN THINKING ON THAT." "CONSTITUTION? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING CONSTITUTION. .... UNLESS ITS CONVENIENT." GOOD CALL G! :Thumbsup::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
UM WHAT?! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS. ARE YOU OK? THAT MAKES NO SENSE? PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Last edited:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
UM WHAT?! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT MEANS. ARE YOU OK? THAT MAKES NO SENSE? PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Sure. Scalia died in Feb and Garland was nominated in March. Had Bam Bam had Scalia disposed of earlier he could have nominated Garland in October. There. That was easy.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
STILL MAKES NO SENSE. OR IS THERE SOMETHING ABOUT NOMINATING IN MARCH THATS AN ISSUE? I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT. SO HE WAS SUPPOSED TO WAIT UNTIL OCT TO NOMINATE HIM? MY BAD. I THOUGHT THE PRES COULD NOMINATE AT ANY TIME? OR IS THIS G LOGIC?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
TRUMP NOMINATED GORSICH IN FEB, SO I DONT KNOW WHY BAM BAM NOMINATING IN MARCH IS ANY DIFFERENT. TELL ME WHAT IM MISSING G. OR CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IM NOT SEEING? PLEASE.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOW YOUR KILLING ME. I WAS LOOKING ALL OVER THE PLACE ABOUT MARCH. I THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS UP WITH MARCH NOMINATIONS. FINGER FLIP EMOJI. BUT...:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:...GOT ME! DAMN IT.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
It does not matter. If the senate isn't the same party as the president during an election year, the judge won't get approved.

"By contrast, when the president and Senate were from opposite parties, there have been 10 vacancies resulting in a presidential election-year or post-election nomination. In six of the 10 cases, the president made a nomination before Election Day, but only one of those was confirmed by the Senate controlled by the opposite party. That was President Grover Cleveland’s nomination of Chief Justice Melville W. Fuller in 1888."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
IT SOLIDIFIES THE POINT THAT THE REPS DONT FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION UNLESS IT FITS THEIR NEEDS. BUT YOU SAY ITS OK FOR THE REPS TO BLOW OFF BAM BAM AND THE CONSTITUTION FOR 8 MONTHS BUT NOT OK FOR THE DEMS TO BLOW OFF TRUMP AND THE CONSTITUTION FOR 3 WEEKS. IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT, YOU ARE NOT THE GUY I THOUGHT YOU WERE.
Dear WAMO:

There is nothing unconstitutional about the actions taken by Obama, Trump or the Senate (in both 2016 and 2020). Regardless of how you personally feel about the SCOTUS nomination procedures, if you take the time to research the situation, you will come to the same conclusion.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
2016 QUOTE FROM DONALD TRUMP ON BAM BAM APPOINTMENT OF GARLAND TO SCOTUS: "I DONT THINK IT SHOULD HAPPEN UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION. AND I BELIEVE I AM IN LINE WITH THE REPUBLICAN THINKING ON THAT." "CONSTITUTION? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING CONSTITUTION. .... UNLESS ITS CONVENIENT." GOOD CALL G!
Dear WAMO:

With regard to your above-quoted post, that's only personal speculation. Trump "doesn't think it should happen" and YOU "believe" the situation is unconstitutional -- but again, NOTHING has been done as opposed to the Constitution.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Well, they are both guilty of that in regards to alit of issues.

But why would a republican senate approve a democrat nominee in an election year? Dems would do the same exact thing.

Grover cleveland had his appointment confirmed with a opposing senate majority. So only once has it ever happened.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
It does not matter. If the senate isn't the same party as the president during an election year, the judge won't get approved.
Dear Djarum300:

Absolutely. And don't believe that all of the hypocritical politicians on both side of the aisle wouldn't have completely opposite positions if the shoe were on the other foot, so to speak!