Cold Water

bruce1156

Using Cold Water to Clean The Dishes

John went to visit his 90-year-old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan. After spending a great evening chatting the night away, the next morning John's grandfather prepared a breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.

However, John noticed a film-like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking,

'Are these plates clean?'

His grandfather replied: 'They're as clean as cold water can get' em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny! '

For lunch, the old man made hamburgers.

Again, John was concerned about the plates, as they appeared to have a tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried eggs and asked: 'Are you sure these plates are clean?'

Without looking up the old man said: 'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now do not you fret, I do not want to hear another word about it! "

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a near town and he was leaving his grandfather's dog.

John yelled: 'Grandfather, your dog will not let me get to my car'.

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted:

'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me ?!'