Come on, Michigan

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, I don't think anyone around here is in a big hurry. I just think it's stupid that we can open carry all we want, but have to pay $115.00 to conceal. The permit does allow us to carry in places that people without permit can't, but that also makes no sense to me.

livespive

I guess the only thing that I can see is that if you are open carrying we can see that.....

But I guess it like any other license..... I guess:(

Yeah, I don't think anyone around here is in a big hurry. I just think it's stupid that we can open carry all we want, but have to pay $115.00 to conceal. The permit does allow us to carry in places that people without permit can't, but that also makes no sense to me.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Doesn't make sense to me either. Open carry is free for anyone, conceal requires license? If anything, open carry would cause more distraction / potential alarm in public, and thus IMO would necessitate classes/licensing to ensure those carrying the weapon are adequately informed/prepared for how to deal with situations and public reaction to open carry.

At least with concealed the general public doesn't know and doesn't react to what they can't see.

Plus, it's not like people who aren't legally allowed to have a weapon are any less likely to carry concealed due to licensing.
Odds are it's just a money grab by the state.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I guess the only thing that I can see is that if you are open carrying we can see that.....

But I guess it like any other license..... I guess:(
Weird thing about Michigan. No guns anywhere NEAR school, or school grounds. BUT, if I have a cpl I can OPEN carry in a school and conceal in my vehicle. No guns in a bar. BUT, if I have a cpl I can open carry in a bar. Can you imagine open carry in a fucking bar????

livespive

That is very dumb, especially the bar.

Weird thing about Michigan. No guns anywhere NEAR school, or school grounds. BUT, if I have a cpl I can OPEN carry in a school and conceal in my vehicle. No guns in a bar. BUT, if I have a cpl I can open carry in a bar. Can you imagine open carry in a fucking bar????