Contemplating....

Good Times Good Times

Well, for the first time I'm contemplating not voting tomorrow.

I can't bring myself to vote for Hillary or Trump, GJ didn't even know what Aleppo was and Jill Stein is way too idealistic (to the point of being not realistic). So, I'm not sure I'm going to have a candidate on the ballot. :(

I've always said those who do not vote do not have a right to bitch, so if I'm not going to vote I don't feel as if I have a right to talk politics really or complain. So..........I have a decision to make.

Vote for a terrible candidate or STFU. That's where I am today.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
If you've weighed the pros and cons of each candidate and this is your conclusion then I believe you're doing the right thing. You're doing the honorable thing. The intelligent thing. Doing the wrong thing would be pulling the party lever because that's what you were told to do. Voting your conscience is the right thing to do. I was between Trump and GJ because I believe Killary is what is wrong with our government and that she just represents more of the same. GJ, from what I can find, is an ignorant idiot. There are a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but I DO love the fact that he is a successful businessman who KNOWS the tax codes and laws and is extremely experienced at high dollar deals. Weighing all the pros and cons, I believe he is the one to repair the economy, and in my mind, the economy needs to be fixed before we can afford to fix everything else.

Good Times Good Times

If you've weighed the pros and cons of each candidate and this is your conclusion then I believe you're doing the right thing. You're doing the honorable thing. The intelligent thing. Doing the wrong thing would be pulling the party lever because that's what you were told to do. Voting your conscience is the right thing to do. I was between Trump and GJ because I believe Killary is what is wrong with our government and that she just represents more of the same. GJ, from what I can find, is an ignorant idiot. There are a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but I DO love the fact that he is a successful businessman who KNOWS the tax codes and laws and is extremely experienced at high dollar deals. Weighing all the pros and cons, I believe he is the one to repair the economy, and in my mind, the economy needs to be fixed before we can afford to fix everything else.
I appreciate that. It's tough b/c I do believe it's my duty to participate in democracy. I respect everyone's right to vote for their candidate of choice (hell, it's none of my business) but I really do WANT to vote, I just looked at the candidates on the KY ballot and man......to me, it's just awful.

I've hammered people that don't vote yet feel compelled to opine......if I'm going to be consistent and honorable, I must hold myself to that same standard.

It's a weird spot I feel like I'm in. I do wish the 3rd party candidates were more quality.

It just sucks....

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This election makes me sad, mad, depressed, bitter, etc. There aren't words foul enough to describe how I really feel about our so called "representatives". They sure as fuck DO NOT represent me or anyone else that I know. :Thumbsdown::mad:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I appreciate that. It's tough b/c I do believe it's my duty to participate in democracy. I respect everyone's right to vote for their candidate of choice (hell, it's none of my business) but I really do WANT to vote, I just looked at the candidates on the KY ballot and man......to me, it's just awful.

It's a weird spot I feel like I'm in. I do wish the 3rd party candidates were more quality.

It just sucks....
I went thru the same thing when I voted a couple of weeks ago. There were a few positions where I did not vote. A couple of times I looked at who was running, knew I didn't like and was satisfied with their performance, but was unfamiliar with their opponents. So, I left the damn thing blank. I won't vote for someone I don't know about because it could do more harm than good.

Good Times Good Times

This election makes me sad, mad, depressed, bitter, etc. There aren't words foul enough to describe how I really feel about our so called "representatives". They sure as fuck DO NOT represent me
I feel this way too. Obv 9~, I'm not the eternal pessimist, but I truly feel pessimistic about this 2016 POTUS election in particular.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This election makes me sad, mad, depressed, bitter, etc. There aren't words foul enough to describe how I really feel about our so called "representatives". They sure as fuck DO NOT represent me or anyone else that I know. :Thumbsdown::mad:
The two major reasons I picked Trump are quite rudimentary. Hillary is a criminal who has managed to kill off her opponents and everyone with damning knowledge of her exploits, and Trump is the only one , I believe, can fix the economy simply because of his financial experience.

Good Times Good Times

I've maintained for years, especially on here, that you vote FOR a candidate, not against one. So even though I'm adamantly against Trump that doesn't mean I can vote FOR Hillary (who, obviously, has some baggage).

My main issues with Hillary are worldview ones w/regard to foreign policy.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I've maintained for years, especially on here, that you vote FOR a candidate, not against one. So even though I'm adamantly against Trump that doesn't mean I can vote FOR Hillary (who, obviously, has some baggage).

My main issues with Hillary are worldview ones w/regard to foreign policy.
LOL. The understatement of the year! This is my nomination! ;)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm not always a pessimist. I'm POSITIVE we are screwed either way with this election! :Biggrin::Roflmao: Wait... :Cautious: :(

:Laugh:
At first I was of the same conclusion. Then I started thinking about what it's going to take to actually FIX what's wrong with this country. Not only did I come up with "lot's of hard work and changes", but "money" and lots of it. Money we don't have because we owe 19 trillion, give it to those who don't deserve it or have not earned it, and piss it away on frivolous programs. The only candidate I can feel good about changing this is Trump. Killary has already promised to continue on with Bam Bam's legacy. I don't know about you, but I cannot afford any more of Bam Bam's legacy. My income stays the same but my health insurance, car insurance, and everything else keeps rising. America NEEDS to make better deals.

Robadat

I guess I hold myself to a higher standard.
The First Amendment gives you the right to complain about the government. There is no qualifier on whether or not you actually vote.
I appreciate your honesty here about this election. But you most certainly do have the right to complain about the lousy choices the parties have given us. Perhaps if more and more openly complain about the lack of quality candidates, the parties may listen and give us some. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen, but by all means, bitch away at both parties for the choices they gave us, they can't do much worse than what they gave us this year...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm going to vote mainly for local and state issues. We have 14 state amendments to vote on, county commission, us senator and us house representative.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and sad to say, most of them don't really represent anyone but THEMSELVES and the ESTABLISHMENT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As for me, I didn't think I'd be voting for the presidency in 2016 -- or any future election, for that matter. After being a Republican for more than five decades, I official quit the GOP a couple years ago when Republicans kept caving in to Obama on just about everything.

Even though I quit the Republican Party, I remain a staunch conservative, so obviously, I could never vote for a liberal (of either party), and I certainly could never vote for a corrupt candidate such as Hillary.

The only reason I decided to vote for president this year was because of Trump's entry into the race. The Donald obviously isn't a typical politician, and he's also a different sort of Republican, and because he espouses policies that I approve of for the most part, I have no problem supporting and voting for him. And of the original 17-person GOP primary field, the only other one I could have voted for is Ben Carson, another political outsider.