Covid question for AW (or anyone else who may know)

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
WOW. YOUR STATEMENT KINDA LEADS ONE TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WON $50 FROM SOME OF THEM, NOT $10ea FROM 5 OF THEM.. I WAS A BALL PLAYER IN HIGH SCHOOL. I WAS NOT A GENIUS BY ANY MEANS. BUT I COULD DO THE SAME WITH STATS. I COULD ALSO TELL YOU WHERE BOTH TEAMS HIT THE BALL AND WHO MADE EACH PUT OUT.
Dear WAMO:

I plainly said ... "to win a $50 bet from some of them" ... and that's correct. I won it (combined) from 5 of them. if I had won from EACH of them, my wording would have been ... "to win $50 bets from each of them"

[P.S. -- I'm a master of the English language.]

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOU ARE A MASTER OF SPINOLOGY SIR. THE CORRECT ENGLISH WOULD HAVE BEEN, "I HAD SOME BETS THAT I COULD DO IT AND I WON $50." YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ROOM FOR INTERPRITATION WITH MANY OF YOUR STATEMENTS SIR. YOU ARE A MASTER BAITER FOR SURE SIR.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
YOU ARE A MASTER OF SPINOLOGY SIR. THE CORRECT ENGLISH WOULD HAVE BEEN, "I HAD SOME BETS THAT I COULD DO IT AND I WON $50." YOU ALWAYS LEAVE ROOM FOR INTERPRITATION WITH MANY OF YOUR STATEMENTS SIR. YOU ARE A MASTER BAITER FOR SURE SIR.
Dear WAMO:

Regardless of how anyone "spins" it, the FACT is that I did memorize the complete logarithm tables in just three days. I also have a 1959 newspaper article that refers to me as a "mathematical genius" … and I had the highest score in the state of Nevada in a test administered to all high-school seniors by the National Mathematics Association that year.