Damn... I was not expecting this when I hit "Play"

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Theyve played this song into the ground here. I don't care for it too much.
Curious if you liked it at first and now hate it because you can't get away from it?

I've heard people say the same about Sweet Child O Mine (back when GnR was getting a ton of air play and Axl hadn't gone batshit crazy yet). Some still hate the song, and they haven't heard it in 20 years!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I KNOW WHAT DJ MEANS. BACK IN THE DAY TIM McGRAW HAD A SONG OUT "DONT TAKE THE GIRL". LIKED IT AT FIRST, BUT THEY PLAYED THE SHIT OUT OF IT AROUND DFW AREA AND I GOT SICK OF IT.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Curious if you liked it at first and now hate it because you can't get away from it?

I've heard people say the same about Sweet Child O Mine (back when GnR was getting a ton of air play and Axl hadn't gone batshit crazy yet). Some still hate the song, and they haven't heard it in 20 years!
Generally just didn't care for it. Sounded way too derivative and 80s ish.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Fair enough. Although, what's wrong with the 80's? :Cautious:

:D
Never cared much for the rock 80s bands outside of Metallica. I'm more of a grunge/post grunge fan. I've been digging Shamans Harvest, Nothing more, and starset. I like royal blood too. Mike Kerr is a beast on the guitar.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Never cared much for the rock 80s bands outside of Metallica. I'm more of a grunge/post grunge fan. I've been digging Shamans Harvest, Nothing more, and starset. I like royal blood too. Mike Kerr is a beast on the guitar.
Never been heavy into the grunge myself. I have moments where it's OK, but typically don't stay on it too long.

Going back to a lot of the 80's rock, I gotta laugh about much of it being a buncha kids trying to be badass while singing about love. lol

A lot of weird shit in the 80's too. I was and am all over the place with 80's stuff, some I still don't like, but depending on my mood I still enjoy a lot of it. A good deal of it I like more now than I did then purely for the nostalgia.