Dear WAMO: This thread's for YOU!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
[EDITOR'S NOTE: I always refrain from name-calling with regard to other posters, so I will stick to that policy, but believe me, I've thought about changing it, with regards to this issue.]

ARE YOU KIDDING (WITH REGARD TO DR. FAUCI'S "PREDICITIONS" BEING DISCUSSED ELSEWHERE IN THIS FORUM)?

SO DR. FAUCI FORECAST "A SURPRISE OUTBREAK" DURING TRUMP'S TERM, AND YOU FEEL THAT TRUMP SHOULD HAVE TAKEN APPROPRIATE ACTION?

* WHAT WAS THE NATURE OF THAT "OUTBREAK"?

* WHEN WAS THE "OUTBREAK" GOING TO HAPPEN?

* WAS THE NATURE AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CORONAVIRUS SPELLED OUT?

* WHERE WERE THE PANDEMIC "HOT SPOTS" GOING TO BE?

* WHAT SPECIFIC ACTIONS NEEDED TO BE TAKEN BY THE PRESIDENT?

ETC., ETC.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

I predict that a major hurricane will hit the U.S. during Trump's second term.

I don't know when.

I don't have any idea of the landfall location.

I don't have any idea about when it will occur.

… but Trump should know, and he should be fully prepared for dealing with it … right?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Well, you might not expect Trump to focus on a specific city, but one would hope he has a plan in place for the appropriate Federal response should such a storm strike anywhere. While I wouldn't expect Trump to know exact details of a pandemic, again, one would expect he'd have a plan (team) in place with a coordinated idea of how to respond should such an event happen - especially when the Director at the instute on infectious disease (a 30 year veteran that's been in this position under every president going back to and including Reagan) is talking about the possibility it could happen.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
[EDITOR'S NOTE: I always refrain from name-calling with regard to other posters, so I will stick to that policy, but believe me, I've thought about changing it, with regards to this issue.]

ARE YOU KIDDING (WITH REGARD TO DR. FAUCI'S "PREDICITIONS" BEING DISCUSSED ELSEWHERE IN THIS FORUM)?

SO DR. FAUCI FORECAST "A SURPRISE OUTBREAK" DURING TRUMP'S TERM, AND YOU FEEL THAT TRUMP SHOULD HAVE TAKEN APPROPRIATE ACTION?

* WHAT WAS THE NATURE OF THAT "OUTBREAK"?

* WHEN WAS THE "OUTBREAK" GOING TO HAPPEN?

* WAS THE NATURE AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CORONAVIRUS SPELLED OUT?

* WHERE WERE THE PANDEMIC "HOT SPOTS" GOING TO BE?

* WHAT SPECIFIC ACTIONS NEEDED TO BE TAKEN BY THE PRESIDENT?

ETC., ETC.
And still, the question remains: How did he know?????

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
While I wouldn't expect Trump to know exact details of a pandemic, again, one would expect he'd have a plan (team) in place with a coordinated idea of how to respond should such an event happen - especially when the Director at the instute on infectious disease (a 30 year veteran that's been in this position under every president going back to and including Reagan) is talking about the possibility it could happen.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

A medical expert forecasts some sort of "outbreak" ... and you actually expect Trump to have everything in place to deal with it? Is he supposed to somehow know about COVID-19 before anyone else has identified it? And is Trump supposed to personally develop some sort of vaccines and/or remedies before an actual outbreak?

Lots of things "COULD HAPPEN" ... and are you expecting Trump to know about all of them, and how to deal with all of them?

Did you expect the same of Barack Hussein Obama, or other presidents preceding him?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

A medical expert forecasts some sort of "outbreak" ... and you actually expect Trump to have everything in place to deal with it? Is he supposed to somehow know about COVID-19 before anyone else has identified it? And is Trump supposed to personally develop some sort of vaccines and/or remedies before an actual outbreak?

Lots of things "COULD HAPPEN" ... and are you expecting Trump to know about all of them, and how to deal with all of them?

Did you expect the same of Barack Hussein Obama, or other presidents preceding him?
Shoukd Trump have ordered Vaccines/remedies, no, of course that is not possible. Could he know the exact kind of disease? Again, no. But a viral sickness is always a possibility - even without human intervention (scientists / labs / biological warfare). I would expect not just Trump, but all in our Federal Gov't SHOULD have a basic plan ready and prepared - a plan which can be easily amended as information come available. The basics such as initial reaction, communication with state authorities, and basic outlines of who is expected/has authority to do what should be ironed out. There should also be a few key contingencies as well - for example how to react to the economic fallout due to these previous actions. How to deal with disruption in the food production sector, as well as a plan for medical care / fast-tracking new medicines for the massive amounts of sick people. Sure, a lot of this will be gray area, but a basic plan of action should not be out of reach/expectation.

I'm not saying this is all on Trump, it appears everyone in this - from Feds to State - has been winging it and making up stuff as they go. I'm not seeing evidence of a concise plan and effective, coordinated effort nor clear communication in any of this. Therefore, I don't think they ever planned for anything of the sort - they were ALL caught with their pants down.

bbfreeburn

There were people in place who had expertise in dealing with this sort of thing ....until trump fired them. Not experience with this specific disease but with outbreaks of epidemics. Would they hav been perfect? Probably not but better than trumps clown show.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
There were people in place who had expertise in dealing with this sort of thing ....until trump fired them. Not experience with this specific disease but with outbreaks of epidemics. Would they hav been perfect? Probably not but better than trumps clown show.
Dear bbfreeburn:

Who, specifically, did Trump allegedly fire? [I suspect I know what your answer will be, and after you reply, if you do, I will likely be able to respond with the true facts of the matter.}

bbfreeburn

Trump fired , or I should say dismantled a national security directorate charged with preparing for just such an event.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Trump fired , or I should say dismantled a national security directorate charged with preparing for just such an event.
Not the point. The point is how did this traitorous fucker know there would be a mysterious infection during Trump's Administration? And, if they knew why didn't they say something?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaWiggle:

According to many the Feds should have enough money to backstop the states unemployment shortfalls so that states don't have to open up.

bbfreeburn

G, many experts predicted a major epidemic/pandemic. If nothing else it was statistically likely. Do the research son (you are younger than me I think).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, many experts predicted a major epidemic/pandemic. If nothing else it was statistically likely. Do the research son (you are younger than me I think).
But predictions are like assholes. Everyone wants to be right, or relevant. Ya cant just pick and choose what prediction you want to explore. ALL the experts, even the self-proclaimed ones, predicted Killary to take the white house. How many have predicted the end of the world...every year for the last century? How about the coming ice age predicted in the 80s? Or global warming and ozone depletion? I think you get where I'm going.

bbfreeburn

G, something was said. Trump ignored it. If you insist on speaking as if Fauci was alone in his statement then we have nothing to talk about. Deal with reality.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED QUITE WELL WITHOUT ME JOINING IN. YOUR 145 AND 94.4 ARE BOTH DROPPING RAPIDLY SIR. IF YOU WOULD READ MY POSTS WITH AN OPEN MIND INSTEAD OF THE CONTEMPT YOU HAVE FOR ME, MAYBE SOME OF IT WOULD MAKE SENSE TO YOU. AND PLEASE, CHANGE YOUR MIND, IM READY.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, something was said. Trump ignored it. If you insist on speaking as if Fauci was alone in his statement then we have nothing to talk about. Deal with reality.
I never even hinted that Fauci was alone. What I am saying is that IF Fauci had something significant to say it should have been said TO the president. The fact that he didn't do that tells me that he was hiding something and for a specific reason. Don't forget, he's been there for quite some time and has first hand knowledge of how, where and who funded that research and lab.