Don't we have other..

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Things to be worrying about?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23325677/josh-allen-takes-responsibility-offensive-tweets-sent-high-schooler?platform=amp

Every sports media outlet is talking about this. Apparently the "N" word was tweeted. This was years ago. I have no idea what was tweeted exactly.

First off people are really "offended". If Grown adults would spend the same amount of energy being offended on other activities, we'd live in a far better world.

Secondly, Jalen rose ticked me off this morning by saying white people can't use the word, even in a black cultural context.

I'm sorry, either the word is offensive or it isn't.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
The word "nigger" is not owned by anyone. There is no patent. Black people do not have exclusive rights to utilize the "N" word. There are a lot of words that people find offensive depending on the demographic. We don't say nigger in my house and none of my friends say "nigger." We were brought up to respect everyone of all races. People like Jalen Rose are only fooling themselves. This MUST be discussed in order to find common ground and overall respect for each other. Political Correctness is a disease and is designed to keep us divided.

No one should be singled out and chastised/bullied for the color of their skin or heritage by using a dysphemism to cause mental pain. e.g. Son of a Bitch, Kike, Spick, Nigger, etc.

JMO.
REVerse

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The word "nigger" is not owned by anyone. There is no patent. Black people do not have exclusive rights to utilize the "N" word. There are a lot of words that people find offensive depending on the demographic. We don't say nigger in my house and none of my friends say "nigger." We were brought up to respect everyone of all races. People like Jalen Rose are only fooling themselves. This MUST be discussed in order to find common ground and overall respect for each other. Political Correctness is a disease and is designed to keep us divided.

No one should be singled out and chastised/bullied for the color of their skin or heritage by using a dysphemism to cause mental pain. e.g. Son of a Bitch, Kike, Spick, Nigger, etc.

JMO.
REVerse

I agree that no one should be bullied. It just seems in this day and age, people have to be offended. People have to waste time an energy worrying about what one person says to another. As long, of course, it's about minorities. Call a white dude old or fat or redneck? That's ok.

bbfreeburn

JMO.
REVerse
100%.
Being "Offended" seems to have become a national hobby. It offends me.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
IM OFFENDED THAT BEING OFFENDED IS OFFENSIVE. WAIT...WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?
:) WAM I think it (offended) is a ploy to shut down opposing viewpoints? PC mentality. Again, if we can't have dialogue on sensitive subjects- division will win every time. e.g. forced segregation.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AGREE WITH THAT REV. AND WHEN THAT DOESNT FIT, ITS THE WORD RACIST THAT GETS THROWN AROUND.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We had this discussion over at BR a few years back. I had posted at the time that I thought this "P" Word, "N" Word shit was fucking ridiculous. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the idea of being offended if these words are used in the proper context. Example: If someone told another "He called the guy a nigger so he decked him." I don't see where anyone could take offense to that. Same thing the other way. If two black guys were talking and one said "He called the guy a fucking cracker so he decked him". No offense taken. Now, if someone were to hear them saying "The fucking cracker decked him", that's another story. So why do we have to speak in code?

That F word C word stole my P word hat so the F word D Words wouldn't let me in the F Word parade. Those F Word P Words should eat my D Word until the C Word..........

Anyone offended yet?