Effing Tailgaters

Scolai

So I had this experience a few weeks ago on my way to work. For the record, my 15-year-old son was in the car with me.

I was driving down a 3-lane road which had been partially washed out in Hurricane Matthew. Construction had closed the west-bound side of this road (which I use in the morning), forcing traffic into the center turn lane to get around the work. I was approaching this construction when some dickhead in a work truck tried to drive me into the cones marking the construction zone. I got in front of him, but not without a hard look as if to say, "Dude! What the fuck?!"

Just beyond the construction is a 4-way traffic light. I caught the light first, and homeboy was sitting on my ass the whole time. The light turns green and I'm off through the intersection with Speedy Fucking Gonzalez on my ass. 2 miles up the street is the entry to the campus of the college at which I teach. I touched the brakes to slow for the turn, and Asshole back there damn near drives through me. I pulled into the turn lane as he swerved around me.

Now, here's where it gets interesting. Dumbass gets about 50 ft past me and STOPS in the middle of traffic. For just a second I see him sitting there before driving on slowly. He proceeded to a service entrance at the rear of campus and entered the parking area. I watched him cruise across the lot coming after me. "Game on, bitch," I thought. I told my son to keep an eye on him. I drove through campus toward the Automotive Repair department, which is a gated space. We lost sight of the guy behind a building. I turned around to watch, and sure enough, the tailgater followed me into a GATED AREA.

I rolled down my window, and the conversation went thus:
Me, incredulous: "What in the hell are you doing?"
Him, sternly: "Why did you hit you brakes and try to wreck me?"
Me: "I was pulling onto campus. You would have been fine if you hadn't been riding my ass the entire way here."
Him: "You didn't need to hit your brakes."
Me: " I WAS MAKING A LEGAL TURN! Here's the rub, man. You were in such a damned hurry that you tailgated me all the way here, and then, given the chance to just go on with your business, decided to follow me all the way into this gated area of campus. I do have to thank you, though, for giving me the chance to get your business name and truck number. I'll be making a call in just a bit."
Him: "You do that. I'll tell them how you hit your brakes and tried to wreck me."
Me: "I'm sure they'll be sympathetic. Just don't leave out the part about riding my ass for 3 miles."

He throws it in reverse and pulls off with a few parting words.

As we were watching the guy leave, my son looks at me and says, "It's all right dad. I could have taken him." :D

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SIR, IF I HAD HIT MY BRAKES, YOU WOULD BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION FROM MY BACK SEAT.

JLS

So I had this experience a few weeks ago on my way to work. For the record, my 15-year-old son was in the car with me.

I was driving down a 3-lane road which had been partially washed out in Hurricane Matthew. Construction had closed the west-bound side of this road (which I use in the morning), forcing traffic into the center turn lane to get around the work. I was approaching this construction when some dickhead in a work truck tried to drive me into the cones marking the construction zone. I got in front of him, but not without a hard look as if to say, "Dude! What the fuck?!"

Just beyond the construction is a 4-way traffic light. I caught the light first, and homeboy was sitting on my ass the whole time. The light turns green and I'm off through the intersection with Speedy Fucking Gonzalez on my ass. 2 miles up the street is the entry to the campus of the college at which I teach. I touched the brakes to slow for the turn, and Asshole back there damn near drives through me. I pulled into the turn lane as he swerved around me.

Now, here's where it gets interesting. Dumbass gets about 50 ft past me and STOPS in the middle of traffic. For just a second I see him sitting there before driving on slowly. He proceeded to a service entrance at the rear of campus and entered the parking area. I watched him cruise across the lot coming after me. "Game on, bitch," I thought. I told my son to keep an eye on him. I drove through campus toward the Automotive Repair department, which is a gated space. We lost sight of the guy behind a building. I turned around to watch, and sure enough, the tailgater followed me into a GATED AREA.

I rolled down my window, and the conversation went thus:
Me, incredulous: "What in the hell are you doing?"
Him, sternly: "Why did you hit you brakes and try to wreck me?"
Me: "I was pulling onto campus. You would have been fine if you hadn't been riding my ass the entire way here."
Him: "You didn't need to hit your brakes."
Me: " I WAS MAKING A LEGAL TURN! Here's the rub, man. You were in such a damned hurry that you tailgated me all the way here, and then, given the chance to just go on with your business, decided to follow me all the way into this gated area of campus. I do have to thank you, though, for giving me the chance to get your business name and truck number. I'll be making a call in just a bit."
Him: "You do that. I'll tell them how you hit your brakes and tried to wreck me."
Me: "I'm sure they'll be sympathetic. Just don't leave out the part about riding my ass for 3 miles."

He throws it in reverse and pulls off with a few parting words.

As we were watching the guy leave, my son looks at me and says, "It's all right dad. I could have taken him." :D

JLS

Then bastard should be executed, beaten, and deported to Florida and forced to wear a hoodie in zimmy boys neighborhood...

Signed

Your favorite Xiam...

Merry Christmas

Scolai

The guy is lucky he picked a confrontation with someone who is less inclined to violence. More than half the men in this part of the state would have snatched the idiot out of his truck and stomped him into the pavement. A few more than average would have stuffed a gun muzzle into his mouth and asked him to complain just one more time.

Me? I've read too many books on violence to give this clown the satisfaction of having his ego fluffed. I let him have his say and then waved him on his way. The conversation with his boss was worth the time spent on the phone. I'm sure he had an interesting conversation upon arriving at the office that morning.

And yeah... my son could have taken him.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The guy is lucky he picked a confrontation with someone who is less inclined to violence. More than half the men in this part of the state would have snatched the idiot out of his truck and stomped him into the pavement. A few more than average would have stuffed a gun muzzle into his mouth and asked him to complain just one more time.

Me? I've read too many books on violence to give this clown the satisfaction of having his ego fluffed. I let him have his say and then waved him on his way. The conversation with his boss was worth the time spent on the phone. I'm sure he had an interesting conversation upon arriving at the office that morning.

And yeah... my son could have taken him.
Get with the times, man! You should have followed him home and shot up his innocent kids/grandkids. It's what all the cool road ragers are doing these days! :Thumbsdown:

Scolai

Question, did you signal?
Yes, albeit a little later than normal because I was too busy watching the guy in my rear-view mirror. Nevertheless, once I signaled, he started to violently wave his arm to the side as if to say, "Get the fuck out of my way!"

So, yes. I signaled. He gesticulated wildly. I braked. He got pissed off and followed me onto campus.