Elijah

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHAT!!! A DEM HAS DONE SOMETHING THEY ARE BASICLY ACCUSING TRUMP OF. WTF IS GOING ON HERE? HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Best defense is a strong offense. Accuse your opposition of your own crimes. Deflect and obstruct. Old game.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOW PELOSI IS CALLING FOR A "CLOSED DOOR" MEETING FOR IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS. ISNT SHE ONE OF THE FOLKS THAT SAYS THE GOVERNMENT, WHEN AIMED AT TRUMP, SHOULD BE MORE OPEN TO THE PEOPLE?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Best defense is a strong offense. Accuse your opposition of your own crimes. Deflect and obstruct. Old game.
Even in bowling, quite often, those who complain about sandbagging are, themselves, among the most-flagrant sandbaggers!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
At one point, I was in the process of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that association secretary Jim Elliott was flagrantly mishandling association funds, and needless to say, he was doing everything in his power to get even with me.

Elliott was also secretary of one of the leagues I bowled in, and on payoff night, he tried to get me banned from the league for the following season, and he made a motion to that effect. When asked by a league member, "Why are you asking us to throw Bill Herald out of the league?, Elliott said, "Because Bill is a flagrant sandbagger."

That was an absolutely absurd claim, because after his motion was soundly defeated -- with only his own teammates voting for the motion -- Elliott passed out the league awards, which included high scratch game, high scratch series, and high average -- all won by me.

Here's how ridiculous it was to accuse me of sandbagging. That season, I not only set an all-time high-average record for the house, I had the highest average in the association, which consisted of more than 7,100 members. That season was one of four consecutive seasons in which I averaged higher than any bowler ever elected to our local Hall of Fame, and at the time, I was the only bowler in the association with the average qualifications to apply for PBA membership.

I must have been a world-class bowler to have achieved all of that even while sandbagging. At any rate, I prevailed all-around when less than two years later, Elliott was suspended by the national organization and was permanently barred from sanctioned bowling.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
At one point, I was in the process of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that association secretary Jim Elliott was flagrantly mishandling association funds, and needless to say, he was doing everything in his power to get even with me.

Elliott was also secretary of one of the leagues I bowled in, and on payoff night, he tried to get me banned from the league for the following season, and he made a motion to that effect. When asked by a league member, "Why are you asking us to throw Bill Herald out of the league?, Elliott said, "Because Bill is a flagrant sandbagger."

That was an absolutely absurd claim, because after his motion was soundly defeated -- with only his own teammates voting for the motion -- Elliott passed out the league awards, which included high scratch game, high scratch series, and high average -- all won by me.

Here's how ridiculous it was to accuse me of sandbagging. That season, I not only set an all-time high-average record for the house, I had the highest average in the association, which consisted of more than 7,100 members. That season was one of four consecutive seasons in which I averaged higher than any bowler ever elected to our local Hall of Fame, and at the time, I was the only bowler in the association with the average qualifications to apply for PBA membership.

I must have been a world-class bowler to have achieved all of that even while sandbagging. At any rate, I prevailed all-around when less than two years later, Elliott was suspended by the national organization and was permanently barred from sanctioned bowling.
Wow. Where I grew up, the only problem we had with league secretaries was the occasional instance where one would make off with the prize fund... you guys had a lot more drama. lol

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Wow. Where I grew up, the only problem we had with league secretaries was the occasional instance where one would make off with the prize fund... you guys had a lot more drama. lol
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Not only that -- and A LOT MORE in my area -- the state association secretary at the time (Gene Diego) was found guilty of massive misuse of funds, and I'm pretty sure that he was jailed for his improprieties.