Entire 2015 USBC Open tournament field averaged only 164.01

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Great. Nobody will show up next year...
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Actually, even though many local bowlers certainly know that most of them won't come near their back-home scores, on some years, more area bowlers go across the country to the USBC nationals than participate in the local association championships (where they can compete on a house shot).

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Are you sure the USBC won't just roll out the "We're really sorry about last year, please come back" cake shot? ;)

I bowled the Nationals once, it was the last year I bowled much (by coincidence). I really enjoyed it. At the time, I was bowling in a house where the owner would put out the nationals shot for open play on a half dozen of his lanes for those of ys who were going to practice on. We also had a sport league, and he'd put the pattern out for a few weeks before the tournament there as well

I think there were 12 of us that went from that house - and he gave us all nice team shirts with his logos on them to wear. Too bad I got out of bowling and moved away, he was a great owner for the sport of bowling.

Anyway, I went in being one of the bottom 2 or 3 in regards to average at home, 20x at the time... and felt really good about shooting 1818 in my first (and only) trip to that tournament. Only one other person in our group was better, I think he shot 1825. Nobody else made 1800 IIRC. I was one away from 30 clean in the team event (picked the 3-6 off a 3-6-10 in the 7th of game 3 - I'm still pissed about that. :Mad:) Good memories though.

To tie this all back to AB, Tony had a raffle to raise money for something, maybe to fund something for kids bowling - I don't remember exactly, but I won a Dynothane High Energy in that raffle. That was the ball I was using at nationals in the team event. :cool:

Dang, I'm getting old. I think that was almost 10 years ago now...