EpiPen Raises Prices, Gives Execs Huge Raises

livespive

But that is about the same thing. It is the medicine that is expiring. There needs to be a longer shelf life.

Not quite sure how this pen works, but I take a different pen for diabetes and there is a liquid, and powder.
you have to twist the pen to get the two to mix, then twist again to "arm" it. If I am not mistaken either this one, or another epipen talks to you, so it is battery operated, that is also part of the reason why you just cant reload it.

News article asking why they can't refill those epipens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...s-new-epinephrine-after-they-expire/89339136/

They could have designed them that way initially, just change out the cartridge, but that would have lost them profits.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Never seen anyone quote himself, you must need some of these meds :p;)

But on your point, the margin should be capped once the R and D is paid for. That would include paying off the initial investors.
everyone would still get money, but it would be at that capped margin.
From my phone, its easier than modifying my own post.

You aren't talking about a private corporation then. Companies wouldn't go into phamas if the margins are capped. I

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I know what you mean, but they should have to follow rule like everyone else. If you are a company that has the market cornered, you don't charge sky high prices, you get money anyway.
People generally don't innovate just for the sake of innovation. They want to make money. Maybe take that money and innovate new things. Patents allow such protection.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
But that is about the same thing. It is the medicine that is expiring. There needs to be a longer shelf life.

Not quite sure how this pen works, but I take a different pen for diabetes and there is a liquid, and powder.
you have to twist the pen to get the two to mix, then twist again to "arm" it. If I am not mistaken either this one, or another epipen talks to you, so it is battery operated, that is also part of the reason why you just cant reload it.
My father quit using novolog pens because it got too expensive. He went back to regular insulin. I see lots of complaints about about insulin prices too.

MI2AZ

Heather Bresch saw her salary leap to $18.9 million from $2.4 million
President Rajiv Malik's base pay jumped 11.1% to $1 million and Chief Commercial Officer Anthony Mauro’s rose 13.6% to $625,000, NBC reports,

Can we not agree that if they can afford to give the execs those amounts of pay raises, they are making enough profit?