F*ck Hurricanes

Scolai

Another effing hurricane tore up NC again. Most expected a glancing shot. That didn't happen. Instead, we received almost 10" of rain (which is considerably less than the 15" that fell in Fayetteville), and now we're sitting here waiting for the rivers to reach peak so we can see how much of the town is going to get swallowed.

Screw this :Poop: :mad:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My folks in Jacksonville got lucky. A few trees down. Beach got hit pretty decent. Some neighbors not so lucky.

Scolai

Sorry to hear it. Didn't you get hit just a couple years ago too?
5 years ago my house was severely damaged when Irene dropped a 25-ton tree on it. 10 months and $177,000 later, we moved back into the house. Matthew didn't damage the house (other than a few leaks and some flooding in the basement that knocked out our hot water), but the resultant flooding is going to be close to us.

This wait-and-see bull:Poop: is the worst part.

Robadat

My grandson and his wife are down in Fayetteville, he's active duty at ft. Bragg. Originally they were brought on base for the storm but got sent home after base flooded. Their home is on higher ground so no flooding for them but down the street from them was under water. They lost power Saturday and just reported it came back on this morning. Lucky no damage to their home but can't get out due to street flooding, downed trees and power lines.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
5 years ago my house was severely damaged when Irene dropped a 25-ton tree on it. 10 months and $177,000 later, we moved back into the house. Matthew didn't damage the house (other than a few leaks and some flooding in the basement that knocked out our hot water), but the resultant flooding is going to be close to us.

This wait-and-see bull:Poop: is the worst part.
That's the one I was thinking of. Glad it isn't that bad this go around.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SCOLAI, DROP THEM 40LB BAGS AND RUN! HOPE IT CLEARS OUT AND EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR YA'LL.

Scolai

My grandson and his wife are down in Fayetteville, he's active duty at ft. Bragg. Originally they were brought on base for the storm but got sent home after base flooded. Their home is on higher ground so no flooding for them but down the street from them was under water. They lost power Saturday and just reported it came back on this morning. Lucky no damage to their home but can't get out due to street flooding, downed trees and power lines.
My son is stationed at Bragg. He was home for the weekend when the storm hit. For a while, we were trying to figure out how he was going to get back to base. I95 is washed out halfway between here and F'ville. It took him about 30 minutes longer than usual, but he made it.

What I've seen in media, F'ville is screwed hard. Roads are literally washed away. Lumberton just lost a dam/dike, so they went from fine to f*cked in a matter of minutes.

I hate hurricanes. :mad:

Scolai

Here is some aerial footage of my little town. When you see the still shot in frame, there is a large building. That is a school that is currently surrounded by water. I'm not sure of its interior condition at this time. In the still shot, there is a water tower in the top center of the frame. My house is just a few blocks beyond that tower.