Fake news, fake news, and more FAKE NEWS!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Stop paying attention to the fake-news lamestream media. Here's just a few of the fake news items ...

* Trump did NOT call the coronavirus a "hoax." [He indicated that the way that the media was weaponizing the situation was a "hoax"]

* Trump did NOT "muzzle" scientists. [They are on television daily]

* Trump did NOT refuse to accept World Health Organization (WHO) testing kits. [WHO doesn't even sell testing kits]

* Trump did NOT get rid of the National Security Council's pandemic unit. [That unit was moved to another division with a new title]

* Trump did NOT cut funding for the Center for Disease Control (CDC). [Funding for CDC has increased every year under his presidency.]

etc., etc.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Everything is Trump's fault! If he hadn't been elected, the democrats wouldn't be trying to destroy our entire country as punishment for rejecting their ordained queen!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
According to folks in Reddit, if someone else was president millions of ventilators would magically appear. The DPA would in full effect.

Oh, and the country would be in complete lockdown.

Everyone would get paid while out of work.

And on and on....

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
According to folks in Reddit, if someone else was president millions of ventilators would magically appear. The DPA would in full effect.

Oh, and the country would be in complete lockdown.

Everyone would get paid while out of work.

And on and on....
Yeah, if Hillary were president, Bill Gates wouldn't have released this virus in an attempt to destroy the worldwide economy and alter our upcoming election results.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The latest is Kay Ivey will kill us all in Alabama because she's not locking the state Down.

What it appears is that people want to get paid while staying home. I'd have no problem with this if it was economically feasible.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The latest is Kay Ivey will kill us all in Alabama because she's not locking the state Down.

What it appears is that people want to get paid while staying home. I'd have no problem with this if it was economically feasible.
This is one potentially good thing that I hope comes out of this mess; I hope corporations and politicians learn that a lot of people CAN do their jobs from home. Corporations don't NEED to build giant germ-boxes in overpopulated city centers and put their employees through hell every single day just to get to and from work. Traffic congestion could be reduced greatly (along with the constant construction to build more lanes for cars to sit stopped in).

Much smaller buildings could be built for the primary purpose of having a "Home" base and an area to hold meetings when actual face to face discussuon needs to take place (and from my 20 years of experience in corporate meetings, that's not very often). So much building material waste could be eliminated, utilities would be reduced, not to mention quality of life for everyone involved could be much better.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
So Coumo is slamming the federal response because he will need 30,000 ventilators. They got 400. Like the Feds can magically produce 30000 ventilators. Wtf.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
This is one potentially good thing that I hope comes out of this mess; I hope corporations and politicians learn that a lot of people CAN do their jobs from home. Corporations don't NEED to build giant germ-boxes in overpopulated city centers and put their employees through hell every single day just to get to and from work. Traffic congestion could be reduced greatly (along with the constant construction to build more lanes for cars to sit stopped in).

Much smaller buildings could be built for the primary purpose of having a "Home" base and an area to hold meetings when actual face to face discussuon needs to take place (and from my 20 years of experience in corporate meetings, that's not very often). So much building material waste could be eliminated, utilities would be reduced, not to mention quality of life for everyone involved could be much better.
I hope telework becomes a thing.

Robadat

So Coumo is slamming the federal response because he will need 30,000 ventilators. They got 400. Like the Feds can magically produce 30000 ventilators. Wtf.
We're getting 4400 from last reports I heard. He just wants someone else to pay for them.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Robodat,

This article mentions 400. The point I'm making is he is blaming Trump for something Trump has little control over. He also acts like they need all those ventilators now. He should damn well know this takes time.

I believe it's fully out of line asking what 26000 patients won't have one.

Robadat

From the story.
Vice President Mike Pence saying he’s had continued meetings with both Cuomo and de Blasio and publicly assuring leaders the federal government “will make those resources available.” Four thousand ventilators will be sent to the state in the next two days, Pence said.

So who do we believe?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
From the story.
Vice President Mike Pence saying he’s had continued meetings with both Cuomo and de Blasio and publicly assuring leaders the federal government “will make those resources available.” Four thousand ventilators will be sent to the state in the next two days, Pence said.

So who do we believe?
400 or 4000, that's not my point. My point is they believe they will need 30,000 and need it now.

Everyone wants to blame politicians for not magically seeing something that would take years to prepare for. Especially blame the Republicans. Our lt. Govenor is criticizing our govenor over not being prepared.

Wanna blame someone? Blame every president and govenor since WWII since this pandemic could have happened anytime since then and all before should have stock piled PPE and ventilators.

I'm not a fan of Mo Brooks(R) but he put pressure on the Army to get contractors the ability to work from home as the Feds allowed federal employees a week earlier the ability to work from home.

Robadat

I agree with you on most points you make. It is also known that after MERS outbreak in 2012, NYS DOH report released a report in 2015 that we would need 16,000 ventilators. Instead of working to procure those, under Coumo's Admin. we have rules in place for how hosps. would use what they had. So, yea, we can blame Coumo for NYers dieing for lack of ventilators. And he ain't kidding no one, any ventilators coming to NY are not going to be moved to the next hot spot, they'll all be in use, and not unplugged to send anywhere else

Djarum300

Addicted Member
It's a hard pill economically yo swallow to spend that kinda money on something that might be needed once every 30 years.

Robadat

It's a hard pill economically yo swallow to spend that kinda money on something that might be needed once every 30 years.
These pandemics seem to be appearing more frequently than once every 30 years. More like every four to five years. Perhaps our govs should be spreading the costs for these things over a 5 year period. They say NYS needs 16000, could have been buying these things at a rate of 3000 a year.
Too late now, these assholes better learn from this and be prepared for the next time.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
These pandemics seem to be appearing more frequently than once every 30 years. More like every four to five years. Perhaps our govs should be spreading the costs for these things over a 5 year period. They say NYS needs 16000, could have been buying these things at a rate of 3000 a year.
Too late now, these assholes better learn from this and be prepared for the next time.
Every election year?