Feel kinda bad for Matt Kenseth

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21289150/kenseth-step-away-cup-next-season

Apparently he couldn't find a ride for next season. Seems odd, and a bit shitty how his exit from an 18 year career is ending. Gordon, Stewart, and this year Jr all got a "farewell" season where their careers were celebrated to lovingly send them off into retirement. But with Kenseth it's more like a snide "What are you still doing here?"

I might add, Kenseth has been more successful on track than Dale Jr. He beat him for ROTY honors back in 1999, has more poles, more laps led, more top 5's, more top 10's, a Championship, and a better avg. finish than Dale Jr. Nothing against Jr, I think he's handled who he is and living in the shadow of his old man very, very well. I like the guy. Just don't understand the seeming disinterest (disrespect?) shown to Kenseth.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Tony didn't ask for it either, but still got some. I guess maybe it's because everyone thought Matt woukd still be driving next year, but that didn't materialize. Thus, no time to plan/execute anything for him.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AGREE WITH GT. HE HAS BEEN PRETTY CONSISTENT BUT CANT SEEM TO GET PAST THE FINISH LINE FIRST LATELY. I LIKE KENSETH. HE ALWAYS DRIVES HARD. I THINK HE WILL GET A RIDE. AND DANIKA IS OUT TOO.