Fucking Wal Mart!!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
While I get the general sentiment, Wal Mart, just like any other business, is private property. When taking the course for my concealed carry, the officer clearly stated that even if a business does not have the signage in the window stating open or concealed carry is not allowed, IF the store owner OR manager ("manager" being whoever is in charge of the store at the time - could be assistant manager, keyholder, or the kid behind the register if nobody else is there) sees your firearm and asks you to leave, you should do so. Reason being, once they ask you to leave and you do not comply, you are trespassing - and once the police get involved, it boils down to the property owner doesn't want you there - and by not leaving YOU are the one escallating the situation. 2nd amendment or not, while on their property you abide by their rules. In the end, the police will not (can not) force the property owner or property manager to let you stay. You WILL BE removed, either by your own decision to leave or possibly by arrest - which would be at the discretion of the responding officers and likely directly correlated to how much of a PITA you are being and/or whether the store manager decides to press charges for trespassing.

Personally, I'm not a fan of open carry. For one, you can be easily identified as a threat/target by bad guys. Two, it draws attention and can freak people out and put you in situations that, quite frankly, are a pain in the ass. Keep it covered until you need to use it (hopefully never). It keeps the bad guys guessing and the general public calm(er).

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY 9, I CAN ONLY LIKE YOUR COMMENT ONCE. BUT VERY WELL SAID.
G, WAL MART IS NOT THE ONLY "CHAIN STORE" DOING THIS. THERE ARE SEVERAL HERE IN TEXAS THAT ARE DOING THIS. CONCEALED IS FINE, OPEN IS NOT.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Many states don't allow open carry. Here in Bama open carry is allowed as long as the business allows it. Walmarts here have a no gun policy sign outside of the doors. So do most banks.

Djarum300

Addicted Member

It would be interesting to see statistics on open carry in terms of crime. I see the opposite argument. If someone walks into gas station planning on robbing it and sees someone in line with a gun, they might back out.

Crimes of opportunity is about the most gain with the least risk.

A mass shooting? Yeah, someone open carrying might be targeted first.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
While I get the general sentiment, Wal Mart, just like any other business, is private property. When taking the course for my concealed carry, the officer clearly stated that even if a business does not have the signage in the window stating open or concealed carry is not allowed, IF the store owner OR manager ("manager" being whoever is in charge of the store at the time - could be assistant manager, keyholder, or the kid behind the register if nobody else is there) sees your firearm and asks you to leave, you should do so. Reason being, once they ask you to leave and you do not comply, you are trespassing - and once the police get involved, it boils down to the property owner doesn't want you there - and by not leaving YOU are the one escallating the situation. 2nd amendment or not, while on their property you abide by their rules. In the end, the police will not (can not) force the property owner or property manager to let you stay. You WILL BE removed, either by your own decision to leave or possibly by arrest - which would be at the discretion of the responding officers and likely directly correlated to how much of a PITA you are being and/or whether the store manager decides to press charges for trespassing.

Personally, I'm not a fan of open carry. For one, you can be easily identified as a threat/target by bad guys. Two, it draws attention and can freak people out and put you in situations that, quite frankly, are a pain in the ass. Keep it covered until you need to use it (hopefully never). It keeps the bad guys guessing and the general public calm(er).

This is way beyond the private property thing. I get that a private store can do as they please.....or, can they? Seems to me a baker was sued because he wouldn't bake a queer cake. He was told to make the cake or pay a huge fine. The customer at Wally World isn't even asking for labor. Just freedom. This is much much deeper than simply not allowing open carry. It's the fact that the largest retailer in the country is going to bow to the smallest minority. It's about slapping the vast majority in the face while kissing the asses of the few. It's about telling the majority of their retail customers that they don;t give a rat's ass about them or their money, but they will bust a nut to take care of the minute number of imbeciles that actually think MY gun kills people. I wonder if a guy in a red shirt walked thru Wally World and quietly choked people to death with his shirt, what they would do. Blame the shirt? Ban red shirts in the store? Ban all shirts in the store? Ban males from wearing red shirts in the store? Or, maybe blame the goofy mental case that actually did the crime? I have totally had it with the way this motherfucking country punished the innocent for the crimes of the .0000000001% of the people. Fucking democrats need to be rounded up, shipped off to California and walled off.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, YOUR ANGER IS AIMED AT THE WRONG FOLKS. THE REPUBS ARE THE ONES NOT WANTING TO PASS LEGISLATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS. AND ARENT THE FOLKS DOING ALL THIS MASS SHOOTING THE ONES HELPING THE GUN CONTROL ISSUE? THE PEOPLE WITH GUNS ARE CAUSING THE PROBLEM.
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIGN "NO SHIRT - NO SHOES - NO SERVICE"? ADDING THE WORD RED TO THAT WOULD BE NO BIG DEAL. THE PRECEDENT HAS ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED.
THAT BAKER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE CAKE! OUT OF COW TURDS AND MADE IT FOR FREE. THEN THEY GOT IT FOR FREE, EAT IT OR DONT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, YOUR ANGER IS AIMED AT THE WRONG FOLKS. THE REPUBS ARE THE ONES NOT WANTING TO PASS LEGISLATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECKS. AND ARENT THE FOLKS DOING ALL THIS MASS SHOOTING THE ONES HELPING THE GUN CONTROL ISSUE? THE PEOPLE WITH GUNS ARE CAUSING THE PROBLEM.
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIGN "NO SHIRT - NO SHOES - NO SERVICE"? ADDING THE WORD RED TO THAT WOULD BE NO BIG DEAL. THE PRECEDENT HAS ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED.
THAT BAKER SHOULD HAVE MADE THE CAKE! OUT OF COW TURDS AND MADE IT FOR FREE. THEN THEY GOT IT FOR FREE, EAT IT OR DONT.
Talking points, Wamo. There already ARE background checks. I had to go thru one every time I made a purchase until I received my CPL. The "loopholes" the democrats talk about DO NOT exist. You cannot buy a handgun at a gun show unless it is from an FFA dealer. I know. Been there, done that. The "assault" weapons the democrats so loudly speak about do not exist. Someone PLEASE define what an assault rifle is. I've asked at least 300 democrats to 'splain it to me. Nuttin, so far. All they talk about is getting rid of scarey guns, 30 caliber clips, and guns that hold multiple clip ammo. Biden says he doesn't like the guns that release 30 bullets in under a second. Like to know where he saw one. Oh, and the mass shootings? Orchestrated by the left. Not all, of course, but MOST.
There WILL be blood spilled very soon in a revolution.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member

Dear 9andaWiggle:

It's absolutely true that if a proprietor doesn't want you there, and if you don't leave, YOU ARE TRESPASSING.

That even applies to bowling centers, and I cite two instances:

(1) Bowler Dale Reed questioned the proprietor about how he ran his business, and not only did the proprietor eject him, HE CRIMANALLY ASSAULTED him (and the proprietor was found guilty in a court of law). However, later, Reed attempted to bowl in that center in a tournament that was open to all members of a tournament organization, and the proprietor demanded that Reed leave, and when he didn't, the cops were called and Reed was removed for trespassing.

(2) League president George Danson questioned the proprietor about league financial information because the proprietor (as an in-house banker) refused to provide statements for Danson to verify, as the rules require of a league president. Danson was then permanently banned from the center, and when he later returned to ask again for the league financial records, the proprietor called the cops, and not only was Danson removed from the center, HE WAS SENT TO JAIL, and myself and another league member had to go to the jail and bail him out.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
This is way beyond the private property thing. I get that a private store can do as they please.....or, can they? Seems to me a baker was sued because he wouldn't bake a queer cake. He was told to make the cake or pay a huge fine. The customer at Wally World isn't even asking for labor. Just freedom. This is much much deeper than simply not allowing open carry. It's the fact that the largest retailer in the country is going to bow to the smallest minority. It's about slapping the vast majority in the face while kissing the asses of the few. It's about telling the majority of their retail customers that they don;t give a rat's ass about them or their money, but they will bust a nut to take care of the minute number of imbeciles that actually think MY gun kills people. I wonder if a guy in a red shirt walked thru Wally World and quietly choked people to death with his shirt, what they would do. Blame the shirt? Ban red shirts in the store? Ban all shirts in the store? Ban males from wearing red shirts in the store? Or, maybe blame the goofy mental case that actually did the crime? I have totally had it with the way this motherfucking country punished the innocent for the crimes of the .0000000001% of the people. Fucking democrats need to be rounded up, shipped off to California and walled off.
Greg, it's no different than if I asked someone off my property for carrying a gun.

Public space exists on private property. Private property owners, regardless if the space is public or not, can ask people to leave. I have no issue with private property owners exercising their rights. In many instances, it's more about liability and insurance than it is bowing to social pressure.

I live in a city/town/state that has been open carry for years but Walmart and many business have a no gun policy. Banks, post office, military bases, government buildings, many grocery stores with CCTV and or security guards all typically have a no weapon policy.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
In Alabama, a private individual can sell a gun to someone else without a background check. Gun shows do require ffl/background checks.

The whole assault rifle thing is blown out of proportion by both sides of the aisle.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, I SHOULD HAVE ADDED, MONTHLY BACK GROUND CHECKS. HOW MANY FOLKS GO BAD AFTER PASSING A BACKGROUND CHECK. AND THE ONES THAT KNOW THEY CAN PASS AND GET WHAT THEY WANT LEGALLY. BUT THE PROBLEM IS, STEPPING ON THE RIGHTS FOR "ALL" WHO WANT TO BARE ARMS AND TELLING THEM THEY CANT BECAUSE THEY FAILED A BACKGROUND CHECK. DONT SEE THAT IN THE A2. IF THERE IS A GROUP WHO WANT GUNS NOT SOLD TO OR REMOVED FROM FAILED TESTS, WHAT DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP IS? AND I BELIEVE THERE IS BLOOD BEING SPILLED NOW. THE WAY THE SYSTEM IS, IS NOT WORKING. THE REPUBS ARE NOT SOLVING OR FIXING ANYTHING.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, I SHOULD HAVE ADDED, MONTHLY BACK GROUND CHECKS. HOW MANY FOLKS GO BAD AFTER PASSING A BACKGROUND CHECK. AND THE ONES THAT KNOW THEY CAN PASS AND GET WHAT THEY WANT LEGALLY. BUT THE PROBLEM IS, STEPPING ON THE RIGHTS FOR "ALL" WHO WANT TO BARE ARMS AND TELLING THEM THEY CANT BECAUSE THEY FAILED A BACKGROUND CHECK. DONT SEE THAT IN THE A2. IF THERE IS A GROUP WHO WANT GUNS NOT SOLD TO OR REMOVED FROM FAILED TESTS, WHAT DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP IS? AND I BELIEVE THERE IS BLOOD BEING SPILLED NOW. THE WAY THE SYSTEM IS, IS NOT WORKING. THE REPUBS ARE NOT SOLVING OR FIXING ANYTHING.
The constitution says nothing about the right to bear arms, as long as someone says it's okay. That puts us right back into the tyrannical government. All the govt has to do is fail everyones background check. Nope. We have a right to carry anywhere and everywhere.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS EGGZACLY WHAT I MEAN G. BY THAT ONE STATEMENT, YOUR OK WITH WACK JOBS GETTING TO GUNS TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO. I AM NOT AS UP ON IT AS YOU, BUT DOES THE 2A SAY YOU CAN CARRY ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
THATS EGGZACLY WHAT I MEAN G. BY THAT ONE STATEMENT, YOUR OK WITH WACK JOBS GETTING TO GUNS TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO. I AM NOT AS UP ON IT AS YOU, BUT DOES THE 2A SAY YOU CAN CARRY ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE?
Absolutely not. Let's attack the problem, not the tool. Whack jobs are to blame, not the guns. Let's address the mental illness issues in this country. Let's find out WHY the government is forcing tainted vaccines and fluoridated water down our throats. Let's find out why the govt is using chemtrails to douse us and our food and water with aluminum oxide. All these chemicals have an extreme effect on mental health and calcification of human brain stems. Yes, let's address the real problem. Otherwise, we'll end up banning cars because of drunk drivers!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WHACK JOBS HAVE A2 RIGHTS TO G. MASS SHOOTINGS ONLY HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE, GOOD OR BAD, HAVE GUNS TO CARRY OUT THEIR DEADLY ACT. CANT REMOVE PEOPLE FROM THE EQUATION. AS FAR AS THE OTHER ISSUES YOU BRING UP, TRUMP AINT DOIN NOTHING ABOUT THOSE ISSUES EITHER.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WHACK JOBS HAVE A2 RIGHTS TO G. MASS SHOOTINGS ONLY HAPPEN WHEN PEOPLE, GOOD OR BAD, HAVE GUNS TO CARRY OUT THEIR DEADLY ACT. CANT REMOVE PEOPLE FROM THE EQUATION. AS FAR AS THE OTHER ISSUES YOU BRING UP, TRUMP AINT DOIN NOTHING ABOUT THOSE ISSUES EITHER.
I'm talking about violence. Guns are not the problem.
On March 1, 2014, several men armed with long knives converged on a train station in Kunming, China, and stabbed 31 people to death while injuring hundreds more. Police attributed the attack to Uighur separatist forces from Xinjiang province.

In one of the bloodiest massacres in Nigerian history, more than 500 Christians were butchered near the city of Jos by machete-wielding Muslims in March of 2010. The attack, which didn’t spare toddlers or infants, was reportedly in reprisal for Christian attacks on Muslims two months earlier.

Osama bin Laden ultimately claimed responsibility for the hijacking of four passenger airliners by 19 terrorists that cost nearly 3,000 lives and injured another 6,000 on September 11, 2001. Two planes struck the two 110- story World Trade Center towers, a third hit the Pentagon, and the fourth was downed in a Pennsylvania field before it could reach its intended target in Washington, D.C., when passengers aboard the plane attacked the hijackers.

Two families in neighboring homes were murdered in their beds in Colorado Springs in September of 1911. The murderer used an axe handle to kill a man, his wife, and their one-year-old son; and then did the same to another woman, her six-year-old daughter, and her three-year-old son. To this day, the crime has not been solved.

Before the 9/11 attacks, the deadliest single non-natural disaster in American history occurred on November 18, 1978, in Guyana.
That’s when Peoples Temple cult leader Jim Jones ordered 912 (mostly American) men, women, and children to drink Grape Flavor-Aid laced with cyanide and Valium.

On April 15, 2013, Chechen brothers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev detonated two bombs made from pressure cookers near the finish line of the 117th annual Boston Marathon. Three people were killed and another 264 were injured, with 14 of them requiring amputations.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed during a shootout with police after a four-day manhunt. His brother Dzhokhar was arrested later that day. On June 24, 2015, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was sentenced to death after having been found guilty of all 30 charges against him.

Timothy McVeigh used fuel oil and fertilizer to build the Ryder truck bomb that exploded in front of a federal building in Oklahoma City in April of 1995.
A total of 168 people perished in what was then the deadliest terror attack on American soil.

The Sandy Hook massacre was not the largest mass murder at an American school. That occurred way back on May 18, 1927, at the Bath Consolidated School in Michigan.
The school’s caretaker was apparently angry about property taxes; so he placed dynamite at numerous spots around the school over a period of months and then set a timer for the explosion to occur during classes. A total of 45 people died that day in Bath Township.

Gasoline and two matches – 87 dead
That was all Julio Gonzalez (pictured above) needed to set the Happy Land social club in Brooklyn on fire in March of 1990. After starting the fire near the entrance, he pulled down the metal gate and left 87 people inside to burn or suffocate to death within minutes.
The reason? Gonzalez had gotten into a heated argument earlier that evening with his girlfriend, who was checking coats inside the club.

On February 18, 2003, a 56-year-old unemployed taxi driver boarded a subway train in Daegu, South Korea, with the intention of killing himself.
But when he emptied two cartons of gasoline and dropped his lighter, the fire spread quickly throughout the train and onto a neighboring train. The death toll of 133 was largely due to a lack of fire safety equipment or measures on the trains.

Several members of the Aum Shinrikyo religious cult released sarin gas on numerous lines of the Tokyo subway on March 20, 1995.
Thirteen people died, though the death toll could have been in the thousands had the gas been released differently. However, many of those injured continue to suffer physical problems to this day.

And not a shot fired.

And again, if banning shit worked, why do we still have a drug problem that is growing daily?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT EVEN CLOSE G. SINCE 2016 THERE HAVE BEEN 1347 MASS SHOOTINGS. NOT EVEN WORLD WIDE. JUST ON AMERICAN SOIL. THATS JUST SINCE 2016.
DO YOU REALLY THINK THOSE GUYS ON THE PLANES DIDNT USE GUNS TO TAKE THEM OVER. OF COURSE THEY DID. THERE WERE SHOTS FIRED IN THAT SITUATION.
TAXI DRIVER'S INTENT WAS NOT A MASS KILLING.
BOSTON BOMBER KILLED IN A SHOOTOUT. HE DID HAVE ATLEAST ONE GUN.
4 OF THE POSTS ABOVE WERE NOT ON AMERICAN SOIL. COME ON G, GUYANA, REALLY. AMERICAN HISTORY? NOT ON AMERICAN SOIL.
I THINK YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE DRUG THING THOUGH. DR'S SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO PRESCRIBE ANYMORE MEDICATIONS. NO MORE HEART, HIGH BLOODPRESSURE NOR FOR ANY KIND OF DISSORDER SOMEONE MAY HAVE. TAKE TWO ADVIL AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
NOT EVEN CLOSE G. SINCE 2016 THERE HAVE BEEN 1347 MASS SHOOTINGS. NOT EVEN WORLD WIDE. JUST ON AMERICAN SOIL. THATS JUST SINCE 2016.
How many were in gun-free zones? That's the topic here. Does taking guns away from legal, law abiding citizens drop the crime rate? That's the question. The answer is a big fat NO. There was a long term ban on semi-automatic weapons in 1994 that resulted in ZERO impact on violent crime. The U.K. is much more volatile than we are when it comes to murders and guns are pretty much banned. And again, I ask, how many of the shootings of which you speak took place in a gun free zone? I'm going to guess about 99.99999%. OH, those planes? Yup. Gun-free. Just sayin