Georgie's Gun

radioactive

Wow, just freakin Wow!!!

Bidding in an online auction for the gun that George Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon Martin topped $65 million Friday morning, though it was unclear if the bids were serious.

The United Gun Group website began hosting the auction after another website, GunBroker.com, halted bidding.

United Gun Group said in a statement Thursday night that it pulled Zimmerman's listing because the auction is not in the organization's best interest.

“Our mission is to esteem the 2nd amendment and provide a safe and secure platform for firearms enthusiasts and law-abiding citizens; our association with Mr. Zimmerman does not help us achieve that objective," the organization wrote.

However, the auction was back up-and-running on the company’s website early Friday.

Bidding on the 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol began at $5,000 and had reached more than $65 million by 5.45 a.m. E.T. The top bidder used the screen name “Racist McShootface.” That account was later deleted.

GunBroker.com stopped the auction on its site Thursday and said that Zimmerman never contacted anyone at the firm about the listing.

"We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving," it said in a statement.

Zimmerman told the Orlando Sentinel that GunBroker.com was not "prepared for the traffic and publicity surrounding the auction of my firearm. It has now been placed with another auction house."

Zimmerman had told Orlando TV station WOFL that the gun was returned to him by the U.S. Justice Department after he was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter in 17-year-old Martin's death in 2012.

Zimmerman, 32, said he planned to use the proceeds from the sale of the gun, which he described as "an American Firearm Icon," to fight "Black Lives Matter" violence against law enforcement officers and to counter "Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric." He also said money would be used to "ensure the demise of Angela Correy's (sic) persecution career." Corey was the special prosecutor appointed to investigate Martin's death.

The listing ended with “if you want peace, prepare for war” in Latin.

Zimmerman, then a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot and killed Martin in February 2012, in a confrontation as the unarmed teenager was heading back to a relative's house in Sanford, Fla., after buying snacks at a convenience store.

Tracy Martin, the boy's father, issued a statement Thursday through his lawyer,Benjamin Crump, saying a foundation in his son's name is focusing on ending senseless gun violence and "has no comment on the actions of that person that murdered Trayvon."

Zimmerman has had several run-ins with the law since Martin's shooting, including domestic abuse charges and an alleged road rage incident. In a conversation with Fox35 in Orlando, he said if he doesn't sell the firearm, it will go in a safe and "never be used or seen again."

Tigerbait007

Zimmerman has balls! I thought he was innocent during trial but I definitely believe he may have been guilty after the verdict. Zimmerman does some weird shit!!!! It kinda questions his mind set

Reactions: JLS

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Zimmerman has balls! I thought he was innocent during trial but I definitely believe he may have been guilty after the verdict. Zimmerman does some weird shit!!!! It kinda questions his mind set
I look at it another way. *I think he was well within the law to shoot Martin, and on that he is innocent. BUT, I do believe he could have handled things a bit differently which could have avoided the altercation altogether.

Reactions: JLS

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I look at it another way. *I think he was well within the law to shoot Martin, and on that he is innocent. BUT, I do believe he could have handled things a bit differently which could have avoided the altercation altogether.
... but Trayvon could have avoided a deadly situation if he had just walked the short distance to home instead of circling back.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Something's wrong here. Can anyone just shoot and kill a black youth and eventually become a multi-millionaire in such a manner?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Something's wrong here. Can anyone just shoot and kill a black youth and eventually become a multi-millionaire in such a manner?
For one, I'm not sure how many of the bids are real. I read where a lot of people were "trolling" the auction to run the price up, probably just to hope Zim loses any sale. But I don't know for fact if that is the case for all the big bids. Who knows, people are weird, and some of the most eccentric seem to have money to burn.

Two, had the media and the Obama administration not blown the case up, Zim would not have been charged, the taxpayers would not be paying for the failed trial fiasco, and few would even know who Zimmerman is or that he existed.

IMO, THEY made it possible for him to profit from the ordeal. People don't just shoot black kids and get rich... but when the media and the government conspire in an effort to force a conviction despite lack of evidence, it creates a story - history. And people WILL pay for artifacts attached to historical events.

Good Times Good Times

When you have a 2nd Amendment group, Greg, AW, GTGT and most everyone on the board in unison..........that Zim is wrong, I think, here especially, we can conclude it's a bad look for Zim.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I think both were in the wrong. Either man could have backed down. Neither did. They both share responsibility in what happened.

Right or wrong, the law is clear about evidence and the rights of the accused. The media and the Obama administration tried to circumvent those rules/rights that Zim had as an accused suspect. This cannot be denied. It is obvious due to the lack of a conviction. They said he was guilty. Screamed it on the TV and in the papers, yet FAILED to PROVE he was guilty (beyond reasonable doubt) to a jury of his peers in a court of law.

Zim has gone nuts since. Was he that way before, or has everything since that fateful night changed him into what he now is? I don't know. As for the case and his guilt/innocence, I trust the jury who heard and saw a lot more actual evidence (not hearsay) than I have.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
When you have a 2nd Amendment group, Greg, AW, GTGT and most everyone on the board in unison..........that Zim is wrong, I think, here especially, we can conclude it's a bad look for Zim.
Just to clarify, I don't really think there is anything legally wrong with auctioning the gun. I do, however, believe it is in very poor taste. The case is settled, the dust has cleared. I think he should let it die. If he wants/needs the money he could auction the gun at a private auction house instead of the internet. Bad taste.

MI2AZ

Just to clarify, I don't really think there is anything legally wrong with auctioning the gun. I do, however, believe it is in very poor taste. The case is settled, the dust has cleared. I think he should let it die. If he wants/needs the money he could auction the gun at a private auction house instead of the internet. Bad taste.
Or just greed. With the internet publicity, it will get a higher price once the troll bids are removed.

Good Times Good Times

Just to clarify, I don't really think there is anything legally wrong with auctioning the gun.
I agree, it is legal.

I do, however, believe it is in very poor taste. The case is settled, the dust has cleared. I think he should let it die. If he wants/needs the money he could auction the gun at a private auction house instead of the internet. Bad taste.
100% agree (this was essentially my point in my comment. When we ALL agree something was in poor taste........it probably was.

JLS

Indeed...When, when I ask anyone did you ever see the cock suxxcker pointing the gun screaming for his life...Nothing good comes out of Florida...

JLS

Martim was stalked and profile by the POS known as fat ass Zim...

" HE LOOKS LIKE HE ON DRUGS"....Give me a fuxxcking break...IMO... all of fat ass Zim's wounds were self inflected...And the 3 Jerk off's who claim they saw Martin attacking are probably all members of the KKK...

Who in their right mind hears a gun shot outside their house and RUNS OUT THERE WITH A CAMERA...

Most people would shxxit in pants if they heard gun shots outside their house...

Fucxxking liars....

Now in Chicago...Black teens only fear the police...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
... but some black teens would logically learn to fear certain other blacks, considering how much black-on-black violence (and murder) takes place in Chicago.
Nobody cares about that... it's like the use of a certain derogatory word. THEY are allowed to do it, no question asked. But whitey better not do it!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Nobody cares about that... it's like the use of a certain derogatory word. THEY are allowed to do it, no question asked. But whitey better not do it!
Thats why i'm in favor of removing warning labels from dangerous products in those parts of the country. Let natural selection do it's job.