Global warming - or not? book recommendation

bbfreeburn

State of Fear by Michael Crichton. It's a work of fiction, but the author includes a lot of citations to actual studies.

Though not related to global warming, directly, here's a quote from the authors message at the end of the book.

"Nothing is more inherently political than our shared physical environment, and nothing more ill-served by allegiance to a single political party. Precisely because the environment is shared it cannot be managed by one faction according to its own economic or aesthetic preferences. Sooner or later, the opposing faction will take power, and previous policies will be reversed. stable management of the environment requires recognition that all preferences have their place: snowmobilers and fly fishermen; dirt bikers and hikers; developers and preservationists. These preferences are at odds, and their incompatibility cannot be avoided. But resolving incompatible goals is the function of politics."

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I can agree with that also, but I don't agree that man can do anything about global warming. We are just a dot in this planet history , we think of ourselves as the master's of this planet but it is the other way around. This planet was here before us and it will be here long after we are gone.

bbfreeburn

Greg, et al, you really ought to look at the book. Crichton presents many arguments suggesting that global warming isn't real. Plus, it's a pretty good thriller.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, et al, you really ought to look at the book. Crichton presents many arguments suggesting that global warming isn't real. Plus, it's a pretty good thriller.
I'd love to. Problem is my vision. Even with glasses, if I read more than a page at a time I get extreme headaches that take me out of commission for a few hours. Nobody can find the problem so I quit trying to find a doc. Maybe Amazon Echo can read it to me. I'll have to check.