Happy Birthday to Michelle Phillips!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Michelle Phillips, born 75 years ago today (June 4) in Long Beach, Calif. She is the only surviving member of The Mamas And Papas, and here -- with Michelle on the left -- they perform their first big hit ("California Dreamin'") from 1966 …

REVerse °

Addicted Member
A true beauty from that era.

My parents took my older sister and I to Miami in 1966 and I vividly remember hearing this song on AM broadcast radio while driving south in an old Nash Rambler. I think it was WBT Charlotte. Hey There Georgy Girl and Winchester Cathedral were also played often. Memories..

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
A true beauty from that era.

My parents took my older sister and I to Miami in 1966 and I vividly remember hearing this song on AM broadcast radio while driving south in an old Nash Rambler. I think it was WBT Charlotte. Hey There Georgy Girl and Winchester Cathedral were also played often. Memories..
Dear REVerse:

It must have been in late 1966, because that's when those two songs were popular … and it probably wasn't WBT because that station only briefly tried a Top 40 format, and it wasn't in that time frame. However, you could have heard those songs on any number of stations, including WAPE in Jacksonville and WQAM and WFUN, both in Miami.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
It was night time when high power AM broadcast signals go long, so yes, it could have been other stations. Although, WBT stands out for some reason.