Happy Birthday to Pat Boone!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pat Boone, born Charles Eugene Boone 83 years ago today (June 1) in Jacksonville, Fla. One of America's top vocalists in the '50s and early '60s, he charted 38 Billboard Top 40 hits, including this chart-topper from 1957 ...

J

jim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Pat Boone, born Charles Eugene Boone 83 years ago today (June 1) in Jacksonville, Fla. One of America's top vocalists in the '50s and early '60s, he charted 38 Billboard Top 40 hits, including this chart-topper from 1957 ...

One of my all time favorite songs....big number one hit in 1957....and 20 years later his daughter scored a MAJOR hit with "you light up my life"....a song that was number one in both 1977 and 1978...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
When I moved to Florida in 1966 and began working on the news desk at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, the editor sitting next to be was Nick Kenny, who had written "Love Letters In The Sand" in 1929. Nick was in the final years of a career that included work for the New York Times, and he had recently relocated to Florida.