Happy Birthday to Ray Stevens!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ray Stevens, born Harold Ray Ragsdale in Clarksdale, Ga., 81 years ago today (Jan. 24). He is best known for his comedic recordings, and he has worked as a singer, producer, arranger, songwriter, TV host. He topped the charts with "Everything Is Beautiful" in 1970, and here, he performs another No. 1 song, "The Streak" from 1974 ...

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I remember back in the 70s when a friends house was burglarized and his stereo was taken. He wasn’t concerned about the stereo, although, “The Streak” (45 single) just happened to be on the turntable and that really upset him.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I remember back in the 70s when a friends house was burglarized and his stereo was taken. He wasn’t concerned about the stereo, although, “The Streak” (45 single) just happened to be on the turntable and that really upset him.
Streaking memories?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Believe it or not, Yes!

Three of us went streaking through High Point, NC in the late 70s.
Back in about 1977 or so I was playing in a duo at a posh golf club called The Bluff. It was rather boring, having to play all the standards for the 60 and up crowd at the time, but we were the house band there for a couple of years and we had made some friends with the regulars. One night was extremely boring so I had this idea to liven the place up. There was a juke box next to the stage that would really come in handy for my plan. I told my buddy I was going to the pisser. I told him to wait 5 minutes and then play The Streak on the juker. I went to the pisser and stripped, and stood with my head out the door until the music started. As soon as the first chorus came around I bounded up the steps, on to the dance floor, back by the bar, around the dining room where everyone was eating dinner, and back down the steps. I quickly threw my clothes on and calmly walked up the rear stairs near the stage. The owner came out yelling and wanting to know what the hell was going on with all the people laughing and screaming. I slowly said "I dunno, Marv, some dumbass just went running thru the place naked. I think he's in the parking lot." Down the steps went Marv while we went and started our last set.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I think the original “It’s Me Again Margaret” is my all time favorite.

“Are ya necked?”
“I betcha can’t guess what I’m doin’?”

Good ol Ray :Laugh: