Hmmmmmm, I wonder

Robadat

Prove you said that... you can't...;)

It's the only logical conclusion that inflated minimum wage increases will bring. Employers have choices to make, raise prices and/or cut expenses to pay the increased employee wage outlay. When costs get to the point that business owners don't see the possibility of profit from their business, they bail out...

Seattle is learning this lesson the hard way, hopefully other localities will see the folly there...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I don't know how you are, Rob, but I remember when min wage was about $1.65, but you could buy a nice new car for $3500.00. So, basically the accomplishments of min wag increases and unions amount to this; We now have to carry $500.00 in our wallets instead of 20 bux!

Robadat

We're in the same age group. :) My first job paid a whopping $2.25 an hour...:Biggrin: and I had my own car on that. Paid my own gas and insurance and still had money to party on the weekends...:Biggrin:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yup, those were the days. $.99 six packs, $.79 Boones Farm, and a "Lid" (ounce) of weed for 9 bux! Oh, gas averaged about 35c and during gas wars went to 24 cents...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
OK, I have a conspiracy theory!! The results are known - labor increases will put stress on a business. What businesses are most likely to fail? Local Mom n Pop places that only have one location.

This is Wal Mart 101 - run out the small businessman and take his customers, and eventually everyone is at your mercy for goods/services. Who spends billions buying legislators? It's not small business owners. I'm sure someone in Super Mega Giant Corporation has thought "if only we could get rid of every competing local business, it would be one step closer to us being able to own everything!" Well, they've figured out how to do it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
That's just my point, 9~. The very people that the liberal masses are trying to protect (or say they are) happen to be the ones they are targeting with min wage laws. The large corps don't thrive on min wage employees. Small business thrives on min wage employees. So, fuck the middle class with min wage increases and the middle class suffers.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
OK, I have a conspiracy theory!! The results are known - labor increases will put stress on a business. What businesses are most likely to fail? Local Mom n Pop places that only have one location.

This is Wal Mart 101 - run out the small businessman and take his customers, and eventually everyone is at your mercy for goods/services. Who spends billions buying legislators? It's not small business owners. I'm sure someone in Super Mega Giant Corporation has thought "if only we could get rid of every competing local business, it would be one step closer to us being able to own everything!" Well, they've figured out how to do it.
Dear wiggle:

That's hardly a "conspiracy theory" ... it's just common sense.

JLS

Actually gentlemen....and I use the term loosely...what you are describing...is something Sears invented...

That's exactly what they use to do in the old days...

They would place a HUGE order with a small firm...The firm would need to expand and hire more people to
handle the orders...Than Sears would come in and tell the firm...We must cut the price...Or lose our business...

So when the firm couldn't make a profit...Sears would take them over...

All went well until K-Mart came along...

And then all went well for K-mart until Sam's and Wal Mart moved east of the Mississippi...

And all went well for Wal Mart until Amazon.com came along...

McD has the same problem...fat fuxxcks from the old days...U-Know...Greg's era...eat burgers and fries...And all
was well for McD until today's young crowd decided to eat healthy...

Cause they read that on their smart phones...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Actually, I think McD's problem was charging gourmet prices for fast food shit. Last time I was in I couldn't believe what they wanted for their big mac and quarter pounders. Not worth it. Nobody eats at McD's because it's trendy and delicious. It's cheap and fast - or should be.

They did like NASCAR did - chased after the yuppie money while changing everything, raising prices, doing nothing well, and flipping the bird to their core customer base. As a result, both have suffered the consequences.