I'm confused....who is right here?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My question is more to the point. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA has not killed anyone...EVER. So, why do people blame the NRA every time someone is killed? No one blames SAE when there is an auto related death.

Good Times Good Times

My question is more to the point. The NRA does not promote violence. The NRA has not killed anyone...EVER. So, why do people blame the NRA every time someone is killed? No one blames SAE when there is an auto related death.
I'm not sure. I'm not blaming the NRA for promoting violence or killing anyone.

So, who is right in the OP?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Perhaps the NRA itself is not *technically* a lobbying group, but as a club of members they do have the ILA (which was formed by the NRA) to lobby for protecting the interests of their club members.

It boils down to what the definition of "is" is.

Good Times Good Times

Perhaps the NRA itself is not *technically* a lobbying group, but as a club of members they do have the ILA (which was formed by the NRA) to lobby for protecting the interests of their club members.

It boils down to what the definition of "is" is.
Wayne LaPierre is a lobbyist. So it's the "About Us" (specifically the circled part) page that's wrong.......

livespive

Almost in line to what Greg said, which came first the chicken or the egg?

Is the Lobby in response to the call for more gun control, or is the call for more gun control in response to more Lobbying??

Some Lobbyist I can see as taking an offensive stance, trying to get things done (Medical).
But I think in the case of the NRA it is defensive Lobbying that they are doing because they are trying to stop
something from happening(gun bans).

Just the way I see it. Or the way I see one of the pictures :)

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
How's the NRA any different than a union group that lobbys? Insurance groups? Big oil?
Hey now! We've justified the murders of thousands of people per year by multi ton steel weapons of destruction (aka automobiles) because driving to the mall or having delivery trucks bring boxes of worthless trinkets directly to our home is more important than lives or the toxic pollution of our environment, so BACK OFF of Big Oil!! :Coffee: