I'm sick and tired of "I apologize."

bbfreeburn

How about you? People fuck up and then apologize as though it makes everything OK. Well, it doesn't. They still fucked up and you're stuck with the consequences.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm sick of everyone who says something not PC being hounded until they stand at some podium of public media shaming and give some lame ass apology because they're forced to.

People say dumb stuff, get over it. You're not hurt, and I honestly don't believe anyone is actually offended. Most "outrage" is just as phony as the apology. The whole act is getting pretty lame.

On a personal level, I've not had anyone do me wrong or cause any damage from their stupidity for a while. But if it happens, I'd like to think the apology would be sincere and any damages covered. But I can see what you describe being common. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. And the apology? See above. The brain dead are now programmed to think a lame, phony apology makes everything go away.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I'm sick of everyone who says something not PC being hounded until they stand at some podium of public media shaming and give some lame ass apology because they're forced to.

People say dumb stuff, get over it. You're not hurt, and I honestly don't believe anyone is actually offended. Most "outrage" is just as phony as the apology. The whole act is getting pretty lame.

On a personal level, I've not had anyone do me wrong or cause any damage from their stupidity for a while. But if it happens, I'd like to think the apology would be sincere and any damages covered. But I can see what you describe being common. Nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore. And the apology? See above. The brain dead are now programmed to think a lame, phony apology makes everything go away.
The only exception I think is children. When I was in school if I was going to get bullied at least it was done in person. Nowadays all kids have to do is pile on on facebook. Parents need to reign their kids in on this whole shaming and bullying nonesense, and at the same time, parents of the kids who are getting bullied need to take appropriate action. I was bullied as a kid, but I never though about offing myself. At the same time, if the problem got too out of hand, my parents would go talk to the parents of the kids getting bullied. Sometimes that helped, sometimes it took me decking the kid who was bullying me.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The only exception I think is children. When I was in school if I was going to get bullied at least it was done in person. Nowadays all kids have to do is pile on on facebook. Parents need to reign their kids in on this whole shaming and bullying nonesense, and at the same time, parents of the kids who are getting bullied need to take appropriate action. I was bullied as a kid, but I never though about offing myself. At the same time, if the problem got too out of hand, my parents would go talk to the parents of the kids getting bullied. Sometimes that helped, sometimes it took me decking the kid who was bullying me.

To tweak this a little: Parents need to teach their kids self defense and to NOT be little sensitive pussies. Kids need to learn to stand up for themselves and face the assholes. Crying to mommy and trying to hurt yourself over someone making fun of your hair is absolutely insane. When I was in school we had REAL bullies. The type that would punch you in the face because they didn't like the way you looked. You either turned tail and ran, which only boost the bullies confidence, or you would smack the fucker back and hope you can win the fight. Some you win, some you lose, but the point is you stood up for yourself. Being totally devastated over facebook or a chat room shows how parents today raise mentally mushy pussies.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
But the whole facebook (or whatever social media used) shaming is learned from watching how the media tears apart someone using the very same tools. So to Greg's point, how can we expect kids to grow up right when the "adults" act the same way (or worse)?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G IS RIGHT ABOUT THE OLD DAYS. THATS WHAT YOU DID, YOU STOOD UP FOR YOURSELF. BUT TO ME, THE PROBLEM TODAY IS, IF YOU FIGHT BACK, THEY GET GUNS TO SETTLE UP. AND IT ISNT ALWAYS THE PUSSY DOING THE SHOOTING, SOMETIMES ITS THE JOCK OR THE STAIGHT A QUEEN...ETC. AND THE SOCIAL MEDIA THING, PEOPLE PILE ON THAT DONT EVEN KNOW THE KID BEING BULLIED. MOST PARENTS TODAY DONT EVEN PARTICIPATE UNTIL ITS TO LATE.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
To tweak this a little: Parents need to teach their kids self defense and to NOT be little sensitive pussies. Kids need to learn to stand up for themselves and face the assholes. Crying to mommy and trying to hurt yourself over someone making fun of your hair is absolutely insane. When I was in school we had REAL bullies. The type that would punch you in the face because they didn't like the way you looked. You either turned tail and ran, which only boost the bullies confidence, or you would smack the fucker back and hope you can win the fight. Some you win, some you lose, but the point is you stood up for yourself. Being totally devastated over facebook or a chat room shows how parents today raise mentally mushy pussies.
The problem is that the institutions, such as schools, view physical violence harsher. A kid gets suspended for sticking up and punching another kid at school, while nothing happens to these cyber bullies.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
But the whole facebook (or whatever social media used) shaming is learned from watching how the media tears apart someone using the very same tools. So to Greg's point, how can we expect kids to grow up right when the "adults" act the same way (or worse)?
I don't know about this. Kids will be kids, and bullying online was going on way before the media got onboard. Now, do the parents (or adults in general) act just as bad or worse? Yup.

Scolai

This. Right here.

It's why my entire family are in karate. It's why everyone in my family holds an advanced rank. No one (and I mean NO ONE) bullies my kids. And it's not that my kids are able to break the bodies of bullies; it's that they know they have worth well beyond any insults the bully can throw my kids' way. No ass kicking necessary.

Let a bully put an aggressive hand on my children, however... then it's game on.