Iran

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Right now, I think the deterrent is two-fold with Trump/US retaliation a distant 3rd.

1) Increasing tension on the home front. A lot of Iranians are not happy with their current leadership

2) Increasing scorn from other European countries and the real threat that Iran could find itself isolated from the world much like N. Korea

3) Would be US involvement/conflict, but I don't think that's a huge deal. They're willing to fight an enemy (us), but it comes with the possibility of isolation, which would further divide Iran from within as their common people increasingly suffer as a result of their government's actions. I think that is the real deterrent from them aggressively engaging us at the moment.
Maybe the thought of being converted to an ice rink plays a part.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
ICE RINK!!! :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

A COUNTRY THAT HAS SUCH HATRED FOR AMERICA, IT MAY STOP FOR NOW, BUT IT WILL NEVER STOP FOR GOOD. SANCTIONS WILL BE LIFTED AND IT WILL BE BACK TO BUSINESS AS USUAL, AS IT ALWAYS IS. WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING BAD, WE RETALIATE. WHEN WE DO SOMETHING BAD, THEY RETALIATE. ITS JUST THE CYCLE OF LIFE. WE KILLED SALAMI, BUT THERE IS ANOTHER TO TAKE HIS PLACE JUST WAITING TO MAKE A MOVE.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Maybe the thought of being converted to an ice rink plays a part.
There's also the fact that middle eastern countries are masters of holding a grudge and have the patience of Job when it comes to revenge and playing the long game. They've been fighting each other for centuries longer than The USA has even existed. We Americans tend to lose interest/focus if things drag on too long and get distracted by the next shiny thing.