Is it really autumn yet?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The calendar says it's well into the autumn season, but the weather -- at least, here on the west coast of Florida -- remains summer-like.

Even as November approaches, we still haven't had one day where the high temperature has been below 85, and we haven't yet had a LOW temperature below 70.

And more of the same is predicted. Take a look at our 10-day forecast, and you'll see that, finally, we might have a couple nights in the 60s -- the high 60s, that is. Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/e902d405d6dbd2edb72c359c9ef7254f3f738ca9215cce910fe1cfc99adeb01d

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Great pics, Greg! The last week or so fall had been peeking in... a few mornings down into the 50's with highs in mid 70's to low 80's. It's been a very nice break from the 4 straight months of mid to upper 90's + matching humidity. Took long enough to get here...

Spring and fall are wonderful here. Winter is ok. Not horrible, not great. Summer is almost oppressive. You just get tired of being sweaty and wet any time you're outside for more than 30 seconds.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
It just reached 90 degrees again, marking the 18th time in 24 days that the high reached at least 90, and on the other six days, it reached at least 85.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
FINALLY ...

IF the forecast for Nov. 2 is correct, we may finally have a low temperature under 70 (even though only 67) for the first time this season, and on Nov. 3, the first high temperature below 85 (a forecast 79) for the first time since last spring.

Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
… and if the 90-degree forecasts for today and tomorrow prove correct, that will make it 24 (or 25) October days with 90-degree temperatures.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I woke up to 2" of snow and 22° this morning
Dear Greg T:

I moved to Florida from Casper, Wyo., in 1966, and I'm certainly glad I did. As I type this, the current temperature in Casper is 7, and that area has had a steady diet of snow for several days. And tonight, the forecast calls for a chilly MINUS-7!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Had I been smart I would have moved 45 years ago. That way I could have built my entire family elsewhere.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THEY ARE TALKING FIRST FREEZE OF THE YEAR THIS WEEKEND IN DALLAS.
I VOTE THE STATE OF FLORIDA DBOTW,
57° here right now. I agree on the DBOTW nominee! :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

Although, that could change if the fucking Astros can't manage to win one single fucking home game out of 4 in this WS! :mad:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
That's it. The fucking Astros are DBOTW. Who the fuck loses 4 home games in a best of 7 series? Maybe if we could get Verlander to focus a bit more on his pitching instead of his wife's glorious tits... well, I guess I can't really blame him. But the rest of the no good, worthless fuckers on the team...

:Roflmao::Roflmao:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That's it. The fucking Astros are DBOTW. Who the fuck loses 4 home games in a best of 7 series? Maybe if we could get Verlander to focus a bit more on his pitching instead of his wife's glorious tits... well, I guess I can't really blame him. But the rest of the no good, worthless fuckers on the team...
Dear 9andaWiggle:

Indeed, even if the teams had equal talent and ability, the odds would be 15-to-1 -- or even more, given a home-field edge -- against losing four straight home games. And in my opinion, the odds would be yet higher because the Astros are a better team, BUT they have to prove it on the field.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
A weak cold front is expected to go through our area later today, and rather than the 90-degree forecasts that have been made all month, the high is likely to be "only" 88 today, and tomorrow night, we'll likely see the first sub-70-degree low in six months.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THINK 2 THINGS STOAKED THE FIRE FOR THE NATS. 1st: THAT STUPID DUMBASS MORONIC ASSININE IMBECILIC OUT OF THE BASELINE CALL. AND DIDNT OVERTURN IT ON REVIEW. THE WORLD SERIES BECAME A JOKE AFTER THAT. 2nd: THAT IDIOT CARRYING HIS BAT TO FIRST BASE AFTER HITTING THAT HOME RUN. WHAT AN IDIOT! THATS ALL THE FIRE THE NATS NEEDED. SOMETIMES SHOWING UP ANOTHER TEAM IS YOUR DOWNFALL.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
THINK 2 THINGS STOAKED THE FIRE FOR THE NATS. 1st: THAT STUPID DUMBASS MORONIC ASSININE IMBECILIC OUT OF THE BASELINE CALL. AND DIDNT OVERTURN IT ON REVIEW. THE WORLD SERIES BECAME A JOKE AFTER THAT. 2nd: THAT IDIOT CARRYING HIS BAT TO FIRST BASE AFTER HITTING THAT HOME RUN. WHAT AN IDIOT! THATS ALL THE FIRE THE NATS NEEDED. SOMETIMES SHOWING UP ANOTHER TEAM IS YOUR DOWNFALL.
I didn't watch all the games, but the ones I did see the Nats were TRYING to win it. They actually RAN out every infield play to first - and got a lot of bases by doing so. In comparison, the Astros seemed to just go through the motions and jog down - accepting the forced out. With the exception of one favorable call at 1st that could have gone either way, the Astros were an automatic out any time the ball didn't make it out of the infield. Hustle wins games, and from what I saw, the Nats HUSTLED and worked for the win. They earned it, but I have to question if the Astros would have played with the same intensity and desire if the outcome would be any different?

The umps were out of Houston's control. I think even the Astros coach said that interference call was BS. As for Bregman (I think that's who did it) carrying the bat, yeah that was dumb.