Is this how the 2020 MLB champion will be determined?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
With games already beginning to be canceled because of players and team staffers contracting COVID-19, the 2020 Major League Baseball championship team may well be ...

THE LAST TEAM STANDING, after all other teams have been eliminated because of COVID-19!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT SURE HOW THATS GOING TO PLAY OUT. BUT, THEY KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ASTROS CHEATED AND THEY KEPT THEIR TITLE, SO, WHY NOT COVID. THE LAST TEAM STANDING WOULD MEAN THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT FOLLOWED THE RULES. RIGHT?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
NOT SURE HOW THATS GOING TO PLAY OUT. BUT, THEY KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ASTROS CHEATED AND THEY KEPT THEIR TITLE, SO, WHY NOT COVID. THE LAST TEAM STANDING WOULD MEAN THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES THAT FOLLOWED THE RULES. RIGHT?
Dear WAMO:

No ... it means that the "championship" team could well be the last with no significant COVID-19 cases (that would require suspension of schedule or the complete season).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
SO IN OTHER WORDS...THE LAST TEAM STANDING. CARRY ON GOOD BUDDY!!!
Dear WAMO:

Of course, a "championship team" would be a team. And with more than a half-century of newspaper copy editing experience, I hardly need schooling in sentence construction.

Here's a sentence ... County spelling bee officials have announced that this will be the last to be held. Does it need to read "County spelling bee officials have announced that this will be the last spelling bee to be held"?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOU MEAN LIKE I SHOULD HAVE SAID, "THE LAST TEAM WHOS STARS (TEAM) FOLLOWED THE RULES".

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Although rarely utilized, this is a Sports forum, and if you want to nit-pick about English grammar, how about doing so in the similar thread in the Off-Ramp section?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
NOT SURE WHAT MY ANSWER HAS TO DO WITH ENGLISH GRAMMAR? NAW, I WOULD RATHER PEOPLE START USING DIFFERENT THREADS TO MAYBE GET AWAY FROM THE BROWBEATINGS BEING THROWN AROUND IN THERE. OH WAIT, I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT REPLIED TO YOU IN HERE. AND BY YOUR 3RD STATEMENT,THE BROWBEATING STARTED, IN A SPORTS THREAD THAT IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A SIMILAR THOUGHT PROCESS. GOOD GOD MAN! GIVE IT AN F'N REST. ENJOY YOUR DAY GOOD BUDDY.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
EXPLAINED IN #7 SIR. BUT I GUESS MAYBE THAT DIDNT SHOW UP ON YOUR SCREEN, SORRY. THE LAST TEAM STANDING BEING THE TEAM WHOS STARS FOLLOW THE RULES AND DONT GET COVID. DO I NEED TO BREAK IT DOWN MORE SIR? BUT YOU SAID IN POST #3 ALMOST THE SAME THING I SAID IN POST #2.