Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Some of you undoubtedly think that Florida's weather is too hot. But whereas the humidity is usually on the high side, the ALL-TIME record high temperature in Sarasota on this date (August 6) is 96, set in 1993. And for what it's worth, the all-time Aug. 6 low temperature is 69 in 1934.

Isn't is great in the Sunshine State?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Some of you undoubtedly think that Florida's weather is too hot. But whereas the humidity is usually on the high side, the ALL-TIME record high temperature in Sarasota on this date (August 6) is 96, set in 1993. And for what it's worth, the all-time Aug. 6 low temperature is 69 in 1934.

Isn't is great in the Sunshine State?
LOL, at the beginning of the week we had frost two nights in a row and highs in the 50s and 60s

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DUDES! ITS ACTUALLY BEEN DECENT TEMPS IN DALLAS. UNTIL NOW. ITS CLIMBING AND THEY ARE SAYING 100 STARTING SUNDAY AND NOT ENDING FOR ATLEAST 7 DAYS. BUT, IT IS AUG IN TEXAS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
DUDES! ITS ACTUALLY BEEN DECENT TEMPS IN DALLAS. UNTIL NOW. ITS CLIMBING AND THEY ARE SAYING 100 STARTING SUNDAY AND NOT ENDING FOR ATLEAST 7 DAYS. BUT, IT IS AUG IN TEXAS.
Dear WAMO:

I'm familiar with the weather in your area. My parents used to live in Dallas, and I visited them a number of times on vacation.

Plus, I thought of something else we agree upon. We are both longtime Dallas Cowboys fans. So I'm not all bad, huh?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
SORRY I MISSED YOU. AND I DONT MEAN WITH A SNIPER RIFLE.

NOONE IS ALL BAD SIR. :Thumbsup:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Sarasota's all-time record high temperature for Aug. 7 is 95 in 1996, and the all-time low is 69 in 1947, meaning that there's only a 26-degree difference between record highs and lows for this date going back to 1900. Is that consistent weather, or what?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Too effing hot. Lived in Jacksonville and moved farther north, but maybe not far enough.
Dear Djarum300:

I doubt there are too many places in the U.S. where it has never reached 96 or higher on Aug. 6 or Aug. 7 in at least one year.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... but I did make it clear that it's usually quite humid. Right now, the temperature is 90 but the feel-like temperature is 103!

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
To hot and humid for me, you can have it. I was stationed at Ft. Stewart GA. and I was never so glad to leave a place in my life.

bbfreeburn

I hated living in Savanna in the 60’s. I head to be at the hospital by 7 in the morning. I would shower, step outside and think that I needed a shower

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
I hated living in Savanna in the 60’s. I head to be at the hospital by 7 in the morning. I would shower, step outside and think that I needed a shower
I KNOW!!!!! Thats where I realized where the phrase "the air was so thick you could cut it" came from. It was awful.