It's summer, but where is the global warming?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Today (June 21) marks the official beginning of summer … BUT WHERE IS THE GLOBAL WARMING?

Scanning a list of high temperatures forecast today, THE ONLY CITY in the nation expected to reach the century mark is Phoenix AZ, with 102, while tomorrow's nationwide forecast calls for NO CITIES as high as 100.

As for high temperatures today, a sampling includes: Pittsburgh 73, Seattle 73, Cleveland 73, Boston 73, Buffalo 71, Denver 69, Milwaukee 68, Boise 68.

Such forecasts are hardly indicative of any semblance of global warming.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We have not had one day to reach 75° yet. Today tops off at 73 and we're still having low 40s at night

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Pretty much the same as Dj and Wamo here. More of the same I expect tomorrow and Sunday since the wife has me in the middle of a landscaping project... it'll probably cool down when I'm done. :confused:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
True, it's hot in many places, but how many summer days are there when it isn't over 100 degrees somewhere in the U.S.? How many times are there not some cities -- especially such as Phoenix, Tucson, Sacramento, Dallas, El Paso and Las Vegas --that reach the century mark?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK I WOULD RATHER WAIT UNTIL MID SEPTEMBER TO DETERMINE IF IT IS A HOT SUMMER OR NOT. THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL RECENT YEARS WHERE DALLAS HAS REACHED 100+ DAYS IN A LONG ROW. AND IM NOT READY TO SAY THAT MULTIPLE CITIES BEING IN THE MID TO HIGH 90'S IS COOL. AND COULDNT THE MELTING OF ICEBERGS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COOLER TEMPS? BUT I DONT KNOW, I AM NOT A WEATHERMAN, NOR A POLITICIAN.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

Do some research and tell me the last time there was a late-June day on which not a single U.S. city had its temperature climb to at least 100. You won't find many, if any.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WELL, IF I WONT FIND MANY OR ANY, NOT GOING TO WAIST MY TIME. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THERE WERE NO 100 DEGREE DAYS BEFORE MID SEPTEMBER?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HERE IS A SMALL RESEARCH ITEM. DALLAS IS RANKED AS ONE OF THE HOTTEST CITIES IN THE COUNTRY. ITS "AVERAGE" 1st 100 DEGREE DAY IS JULY 1st.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I spent my first four years of school (Grades 1-4) in a small Colorado mountain town with an elevation about 7,700 feet, and there was plenty of snow throughout that area to begin this year's summer season.

And whereas I haven't been concerned about snow or cold weather since moving to Florida, I know first-hand about cold temperatures. In January 1951, our Bailey, Colo., temperature dropped to 60 BELOW.