I've seen first-hand the massive journalistic swing to ultra-liberalsism

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I'm an expert on American media. By age 22, I had already worked for the largest newspapers in three states, and I had been an air personality on Nashville's top-rated radio station. As a writer, I'm best-known for my decades as a bowling columnist, but I've also written newspaper editorials, plus columns on religion, travel, music, arts, TV sports and more.

I have seen first-hand the manner in which the media has moved sharply to the left, and the newspaper that employed me for 44 years (Sarasota Herald-Tribune) is a perfect example.

When I was hired by the H-T in 1966, I joined what could be called a conservative hometown newspaper. Editorials had a conservative bent, and endorsements were almost always for the GOP candidates.

However, things made a sharp "left turn" in 1983, when the H-T was purchased by the New York Times. Gradually but methodically, editorial and budget policies shifted to ultra-liberal, as reflected in editorials and political endorsements.

in line with a one-dog-pee-all-dog-pee situation, most modern-day journalists -- if you can even call them journalists anymore -- are increasingly lumping themselves into a single liberal mindset, paying more attention to -- and falling in line with -- the liberal consensus of their peers.

I meet with a number of H-T retirees for regular monthly luncheons, and most of them are basically conservative, while contrarily, at least 90 percent of the younger journalists are ultra-liberal. They are fun to be with, but they are political robotic idiots, and their political posts on Facebook and elsewhere make me cringe.

I won't go as far as some pundits who claim that American journalism is dead, but it's certainly headed in that direction. And keep in mind that I'm Always Write.