Kentucky Basketball

Good Times Good Times

GTGT,

Tough break. You can't blame the ref's. They were clearly favoring your team.
I'll rattle off a few points and be done:
-I never blame the refs, though they didn't help (shot clock violation they scored on/out of bounds on them and they got the ball) in MULTIPLE instances.
-Booker got ABUSED on defense. If you're a pure shooter that's all well and good.........but you have to be able to defend or you're worthless on the floor. If you can't guard and you're not scoring in bunches.........wtf are you doing to help win.
-Cats killed themselves after getting up 60-56 and went 3 straight shot clock violations. Hell, I'd even take a low % contested 2pt jumper there
-In the end it was a fun ride, those guys played pretty selfless considering all the talent. Hopefully they'll use this seasons failure (I'm with Tyler Ulis on this one), and the wins meaning essentially nothing now, as fuel next season.
-I had maintained Wisconsin was most equipped to beat them.

I lost a decent bit of $ on this so it stings......I'm moving on.

Congrats to Wisconsin, they're a very very good team as is Duke.

GTGT,
Is it time to say "I told you so"?!?

It was a great run, but how many of these guys come back next year? It's the nature of things in NCAA BB now, one and done and Kentucky has embraced that.

Towns and Johnson (or even WCS or Marcus Lee) on Kaminsky (my point is there are plenty of options).......Johnson w/fouls to give. If Kentucky can draw fouls on Frank "the Tank" (which Towns and Johnson are great at drawing fouls), the bench could guard him. ;) Cauley-Stein/Lyles on Dekker.......he's yet to face a defender like that.

That all being said, the question becomes who guards Lyles? Regardless, UK will have a mismatch to attack offensively. Kaminsky only scored 8 points last year in the final 4 game, and UK is MUCH better defensively this year. Contain Dekker and I think things go fine.

Another fair question: are we going to see a lot of this from Wisconsin?

https://vine.co/v/OLahQXQdWz9

Cats by 7.

We'll get to Duke in time, but for now, I'll be sweating Wisconsin. :Eek: :Eek: :Roflmao: