Mini-editorial: If we elect a Democrat president in 2020 ...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Some crazy liberals actually foresee a Donald Trump re-election, after which he somehow does away with the 22nd Amendment's two-term presidential limit.

Absurd, for sure, but how about speculating what could happen if a Democrat were to win the 2020 election? Consider the possibilities …

* A government takeover of the entire health care system at a cost of trillions of dollars.

* A government that fully endorses open borders, with guaranteed “free" health care for anyone, including those who enter the country illegally.

* A government that calls for redistribution of wealth, guaranteed income for all, forgiveness of debt, “free” college tuition, plus crippling taxes on those who create jobs that fuel the economy.

* A government that promotes sanctuary cities and states, plus a confiscation of guns.

But keep in mind that those aren't outlandish proposals. They are actual plans proposed by Democrats who seek the White House in 2020!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT 9?
For some reason I recall comments online regarding that back in '14 or '15. Not here, but in general comment sections to online news articles. Meaning, at least some on both sides think the other is going to try to become dictator for life (in reference to AW noting some people are saying Trump will refuse to leave office).

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
For some reason I recall comments online regarding that back in '14 or '15. Not here, but in general comment sections to online news articles. Meaning, at least some on both sides think the other is going to try to become dictator for life (in reference to AW noting some people are saying Trump will refuse to leave office).
Dear WAMO:

Indeed, the "dictator for life" idea has been floated (to various degrees) during past administrations, as has the concept of certain presidents declaring "martial law" in order to obtain that objective.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I JUST MEANT WHO IS THAT OBAMA GUY? I THINK I HAD ERASED HIM FROM MY MEMORY. THANKS ALOT 9!