Mini-editorial: Stop tolerating unwanted guests

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
How should a person deal with a situation regarding unwanted visitors who have overstayed their welcome in your home?

For the sake of discussion, assume a situation with regard to a family down on its luck, with young children and living on a limited income.

First, there may be a few gentle hints, and later, a frank discussion. And if those yielded no result, there may be a call for help from law enforcement. But if they refused to help and if reasonable negotiations failed, what options would you have?

Such a situation is precisely what America faces as a nation, but much of the problem is that most American citizens aren't directly impacted by the immigration crisis. And as a result, they are physically removed and emotionally manipulated to believe the liberal talking points being disseminated by the lamestream media.

Without a doubt, what we are tolerating as a nation with regard to massive illegal immigration is directly linked to lack of enforcement of existing laws and the absolute refusal of congressional Democrats to do anything to solve the problem.

The influx of illegal immigration is an extremely serious problem, but most Americans remain blissfully unaware of the severity of it because of the mistruths reported by fake-news journalists.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Well, it's got to be up to the American people to stop wanting cheap stuff. Residential construction costs would go up if all the illegals stopped doing the work or if employees were fined appropriately.

Folks don't want to know how the sausage is made, and they want it cheap.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Many immigrants are not illegal. They are law abiding people that have skills in construction, etc. Weeding out freeloading illegals is what needs to be done.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AM IN THE CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS, ELECTRICIAN. "SKILLED" IS A RELATIVE TERM. WHEREVER THEY COME FROM, THEY MAY BE A "10" IN THEIR FIELD. BUT HERE IN THE U.S., THEY ARE A "4" OR "5" AT BEST. I SEE EVEN HIGH END NEW HOME BUILDERS HAVE NONLEGAL WORKERS ONSITE THRU THEIR SUBS. MOST SUBS ARE WILLING TO PAY THE CHEAP LABOR WITH THE THOUGHT THEY CAN GO BACK AND FIX SOMETHING CHEAPER THAN PAYING SOMEONE TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. IF MOST PEOPLE IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WERE PAID BY THEIR SKILL LEVEL, MOST WOULD MAKE LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. WHEN THE CONSTRUCTION TRADES ARE SWAMPED, LIKE NOW, YOU CANNOT FIND "SKILLED" LABOR. THEY ALREADY HAVE JOBS, AND YOU HAVE TO HIRE FOLKS JUST TO FILL SPOTS. QUANTITY IS UP - QUALITY IS WAY DOWN. AND I AGREE REV, WEEDING OUT THE FREELOADERS SHOULD BE #1 PRIORITY. BUT NOT JUST ILLEGALS, ALL FREE LOADERS.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Many immigrants are not illegal. They are law abiding people that have skills in construction, etc. Weeding out freeloading illegals is what needs to be done.
… and that's what Trump has said all along! But of course, his words and policies are distorted big-time by the lamestream media!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I AM IN THE CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS, ELECTRICIAN. "SKILLED" IS A RELATIVE TERM. WHEREVER THEY COME FROM, THEY MAY BE A "10" IN THEIR FIELD. BUT HERE IN THE U.S., THEY ARE A "4" OR "5" AT BEST. I SEE EVEN HIGH END NEW HOME BUILDERS HAVE NONLEGAL WORKERS ONSITE THRU THEIR SUBS. MOST SUBS ARE WILLING TO PAY THE CHEAP LABOR WITH THE THOUGHT THEY CAN GO BACK AND FIX SOMETHING CHEAPER THAN PAYING SOMEONE TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. IF MOST PEOPLE IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WERE PAID BY THEIR SKILL LEVEL, MOST WOULD MAKE LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE. WHEN THE CONSTRUCTION TRADES ARE SWAMPED, LIKE NOW, YOU CANNOT FIND "SKILLED" LABOR. THEY ALREADY HAVE JOBS, AND YOU HAVE TO HIRE FOLKS JUST TO FILL SPOTS. QUANTITY IS UP - QUALITY IS WAY DOWN. AND I AGREE REV, WEEDING OUT THE FREELOADERS SHOULD BE #1 PRIORITY. BUT NOT JUST ILLEGALS, ALL FREE LOADERS.
Dear WAMO:

Valid assessment!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I hear ya, WAM. That is a valid response.

My Mini Editorial

Although, what many people tend to do is lump all immigrants into the “illegal” category. They aren’t all illegal (as you know) and some are darn talented. I mean near genius. For example, a local Hmong fellow is a master mechanic and has a large clientele. The dude is amazing with Honda and Toyota engines. Other side of town is another Hmong body shop. He’s pretty much a car body artist. My mechanic is Romanian. I can come up with more examples.

Elitist politicians (D&R) and their ilk benefit financially and politically with the undocumented immigrants. One side gets votes and the other side benefits from their labor. I have lost all respect for the Chamber of Commerce as well. Democrats are bullies and Republicans are spineless wimps.

The porous southern border needs a barrier to keep folks “honest.” We must know who is coming in. You sneak in- to the back of the line you go. Aren’t we supposed to be organized?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE REV. THERE ARE SOME LABORERS THAT DO THE RIGHT THING. BUT, FOR THE MOST PART, THEY ARE HERE TO DRAW A CHECK AND SEND MONEY HOME. I OFTEN HEAR THEM SAY, "THIS IS HOW WE DO IT BACK HOME. IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH THERE, ITS GOOD ENOUGH HERE". THAT IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE A PART OF THIS SOCIETY, LEARN HOW ITS DONE HERE. AND WHOMEVER HIRES THEM SHOULD BE PUSHING THAT ON THEM. BUT NOBODY WANTS TO TRAIN SOMEONE WHO WONT BE AROUND IN 6 MONTHS WHEN THE HOUSING MARKET FALLS OFF.