Need help choosing a ball...

Just getting back in the game after a long absence. The Track Sheer Havoc (particle pearl) was one of my favorites and it hit a ton. Wish I'd kept it. The old Track balls were popular at the time and times have changed. I never really cared for Ebonite and Storm, although, my son does well with Storm. Not a league member anymore and I'm usually throwing on a day old THS. Lanes are old synthetic. My rev's are medium. Speed is around 15mph with a high track. I would like to try a pearl ball.

Here I am with a Brunswick Wizard. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

MI2AZ

You are probably better off asking at your local proshop especially if they can watch you throw a couple of shots. Just be aware that there are a lot of good entry level or middle level balls out there and you don't want an operator who is pushing you into the top line especially if you are not bowling on leagues or fresh heavy oil. I am not qualified to give you any specific recommendations unfortunately. Hybrids could be a good choice as they are a blend of solid and pearl (different ratios, could be 50-50 or some other like 70-30) and usually fall in between the solid and pearl versions.

JLS

Looks like your average on Revs, but slightly above on speed...And it sounds like you are a One ball bowler...I believe you said you are not in a league...Therefore when you bowl the lanes may be drier...
Now sometimes they may have too much carrydown...So be careful with a high RG polished ball...
If you want to try a good pearl...Storm has the Optimus...And Roto has the red hot new Hyper Cell skid...Hammer is bringing out a pearl Legend...And Storm is bringing out a new Crux Pearl....p>
The ball specs are important...you may want to get a ball with an RG around 2.50 to 2.52...With a higher Diff... like .052 to .058...
Be careful where you place the pin and the MB....Be sure to talk that over with your ball driller....Lots of options...Don't let them drill you up the basic Pin over fingers...MB tame....
Don't be afarid to get a more aggressive drilling...Cause you can always ADJUST the cover with an Abralon pad or polish...

good luck

Good to see you here JLS. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

OK - I'm through researching. The winner is the Hammer Black Widow Red Legend pearl. Thanks again jls for steering me in the right direction. This will be the first Hammer I have thrown since the Blade reactive.
Good times are on the horizon.