New Carry Piece

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
OH SHIT! JLS - TAKE OFF THAT HOODY, NOW!!!! :p Nice, looks like it should be reasonably easy to keep discrete.

Last edited by a moderator:

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
How much?

LOL I was going to tell JLS to go up to the UP and wear a hoody, Greg needs some target practice to break it in. :p

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I went with the mini compact because my belly is too fucking big and I have a hard time keeping my pants up with the gun on. This one is about 8 ounces lighter and great for everyday conceal. When I'm on the road buying a car with a pocket full of cash I'll carry the Glock 19.

Robadat

Too small... :)
Don't really like any of the sub-compacts. I like having all my fingers on the grip, and with the subcompacts, my pinkie has no room...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Thats why I got the pinkie extenders for the mags. Fits my hand perfectly. My G19 is actually way too big for my link sausage fingers. So, I keep that one by my side and this will be my new carry.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I got a heavy duty gun belt from somewhere online, meant to be a bit stiffer so it won't sag. But I don't use the "on the hip" holster anymore. I Use an in the waistband holster now, but not in the waistband. I put in my pocket because it's much easier to access and it doesn't chafe my skin and screw up the comfort of my pants. I lost the use of that pocket for my keys and shit, but it works out okay and doesn't pull my pants down. The holster is made for a G26 and used a few industrial staples to tighten it up a bit. Works pefectly.

Robadat

Greg T said:
Thats why I got the pinkie extenders for the mags. Fits my hand perfectly. My G19 is actually way too big for my link sausage fingers. So, I keep that one by my side and this will be my new carry.
I have the 19 and the 26. I've shot the 26 many, many times and the little fucker always "bites" me when I swap mags. The 19 fits my hand perfectly and no biting... :)
19 is my carry piece, the 26 is the night table piece.
I have a belt holster for it and nobody knows whether I'm carrying or not. I like it that way.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I always wear T-shits and jeans, so carrying in my pocket works because my shirt covers the weapon. This little 42 is only 1 pound loaded and reduces the problem with my pants falling down. The sacrifice is the 6 round capacity. I'd like to have 10 rounds, but I only really need that when I'm out picking up a car, I guess. I do need to soften the trigger, tho. This little 42 has about a 10# trigger and that ain;t gonna cut it.

Robadat

If you don't like that trigger, you should try a NY+ trigger at 13... ;)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
By the time you get it to trip you're 7 yds off target! :)
I'll see what's available for it. I installed a 3.5# on my G19 and while i had it apart i polished all the friction spots. Really smooth and sweet now. Steady pull all the way and nice crisp feel.

Robadat

I've got a a couple of different trigger sets for the 19. I used to use the high polished 3.5# set up for competition shooting. Really smooth, but we're required to use the NY+ when carrying so that's what I keep in it... Still I shoot fine with it, but groupings are nothing like I get when using the comp trigger set up.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Erica, that XD-9 is a fine shooting piece. Feels nice and solid, good balance. My only issue with that gun is the length of the trigger pull. My stubs like a short and crisp trigger travel.

Eric, it's not the strength, it's the pulling off target. I'm used to my G19 with the smooth and short pull. i have the G19 to a little less than 1/2" full stroke and 1/4" reset. I'd like to have similar triggers on both pieces. Kinda like having the same grip on a bowling ball.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I've never shot a Glock with a smooth trigger pull. Maybe they've changed things recently. Most seemed to be kind of "crunchy". Its easy to feel the safety mechanism on the glock disengaging during the pull.

The trigger pull on her XD is ~5lbs. I think it feels like a long trigger pull due to the trigger safety. Obviously it can be adjusted. My Ruger, on the other hand, first shot is 10lbs, the rest are roughly 3lbs.