NEW SHOOTING

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IN DALLAS. 15 YEAR OLD ROBS A DOLLAR GENERAL HOLDING A GUN. CASHIER COMPLIES, EVEN HANDS HIM THE CASH DRAWER. LOADS THE DRAWER INTO A BAG ROBBER BROUGHT IN. AS THE ROBBER REACHES FOR THE BAG, THE GUN DISCHARGES HITS THE CASHIER AND KILLS HER. AS HE IS RUNNING FROM THE SCENE HE DROPS THE BAG AND KEEPS RUNNING, THEY DID FIND AND ARREST HIM. THE POLICE ARE SAYING BY VIEWING THE VIDEO, IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. MY QUESTIION; IF HE HAD A KNIFE INSTEAD OF A GUN, WOULD THE KNIFE HAVE KILLED THE CASHIER?
ON ANOTHER NOTE. IN THE DALLAS / FT WORTH METROPLEX, THERE HAS BEEN ATLEAST ONE KILLING EVERYDAY FOR 3 STRAIGHT WEEKS NOW, BY A FIREARM.

livespive

Now, I don't usually go here, but you do know if the robber was a minority he would be dead.

If you tell me he is one, I will gladly join your foot in the mouth club :p:D;)

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Okay, WAMO, answer this. What law would you impose in this situation that would have stopped the shooting?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YES LIVE, BOTH WERE BLACK. AND THE CASHIER HAS 6 KIDS, ALL 11 AND UNDER.
LIKE I HAVE SAID IN OTHER THREADS G. I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS FOR THIS. BUT IM NOT THAT INTELLIGENT NOR AM I A LAW MAKER. BUT THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER OR ATLEAST A START. WHEN INNOCENT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO DIE BECAUSE THERE IS NO GUN CONTROL, SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, CUZ THE WAY IT IS NOW ISNT WORKING. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
LIKE I HAVE SAID IN OTHER THREADS G. I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS FOR THIS. BUT IM NOT THAT INTELLIGENT NOR AM I A LAW MAKER. BUT THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER OR ATLEAST A START. WHEN INNOCENT PEOPLE CONTINUE TO DIE BECAUSE THERE IS NO GUN CONTROL, SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, CUZ THE WAY IT IS NOW ISNT WORKING. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
You're not using your head, WAMO. Think. Just think. Does a sane person kill? Seriously now, I'm not kidding. Would a mentally stable person just kill someone for no reason? After you ponder that for a bit think about this. Would a law that prevents 15 year olds from purchasing handguns work? How about 15 year olds purchasing ammo? How about 15 year olds carrying a weapon? How about ANYONE forcing someone to give them something that does not belong to them? Selling guns on the street corners? Back alleys? Out of car trunks? I could go for days, WAMO. And I won;t burden you to think about this. THERE ALREADY ARE LAWS AGAINST EVERYTHING I JUST ASKED YOU. So tell me....WHAT would have stopped this from happening? You can't blame the tool any longer. I just showed that in no way was this gun in legal possession.

Good Times Good Times

Can we not believe taking the tool away is legit?

Or like Australia. If we just made like handguns extremely hard to have and extremely difficult to get rifles would that not restrict the ability for people to get guns at all. Couple that with stolen guns used in crimes = MASSIVELY HUGE penalties to the gun owner.

We decide to have a buyback program periodically to try and get guns back.

Yes, criminals will have them but every criminal that is picked up with one - that gun gets destroyed. So another off the street.

It will take awhile but eventually it'll get manageable and it's not like we're going to be producing guns like crazy anymore.

Good Times Good Times

There are always criminals.

If we can make it that they don't have guns then it's more of a fair fight.

Again, it'll take time and with less guns we would sell less ammo and soon the damn things would just be paperweights.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Can we not believe taking the tool away is legit?

Or like Australia. If we just made like handguns extremely hard to have and extremely difficult to get rifles would that not restrict the ability for people to get guns at all. Couple that with stolen guns used in crimes = MASSIVELY HUGE penalties to the gun owner.

We decide to have a buyback program periodically to try and get guns back.

Yes, criminals will have them but every criminal that is picked up with one - that gun gets destroyed. So another off the street.

It will take awhile but eventually it'll get manageable and it's not like we're going to be producing guns like crazy anymore.
Then riddle me this. How is taking MY gun away going to stop criminals from shooting people? The only people who will turn in guns are the law abiding sitizens. The only people who will not own a gun will be the law abiding citizens. That leaves the crooks and killers with all the guns, and we the people with no means of self protection. And keep in mind that the cities and states with the strongest gun laws have the highest crime rates. FACT.

livespive

hmm, and they arrested him?.....

Did you say you wore a 13? I wear a 15:Biggrin:

Good Times Good Times

Then riddle me this. How is taking MY gun away going to stop criminals from shooting people? The only people who will turn in guns are the law abiding sitizens. The only people who will not own a gun will be the law abiding citizens. That leaves the crooks and killers with all the guns, and we the people with no means of self protection. And keep in mind that the cities and states with the strongest gun laws have the highest crime rates. FACT.
Actually that's incorrect, but whatever.

You want to keep throwing in Chicago as an example....

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/gun-laws-deaths-and-crimes/

But fear of something possibly happening is not a fact of it happening.......

If you want your gun and are okay with children and babies being the price then fine. You are winning.

No gun laws will be passed. But Sessions will sure as hell go after those pot smokers...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Couple of serious questions, because Australia's gun buy back program is being brought up more often.

1) Look south. Mexico. And the problems they are having with the drug cartels. We cannot keep their drugs out of our country. So we make guns illegal - do we not think this would create a black market for weapons? A void in the supply/demand chain these cartels would happily fill. So now the cartels only have to deal with cops - who are stretched thin and easily outnumbered and can be outgunned by cartel members. You don't think removing defensive weapons from law abiding citizens would embolden these cartels to move/act more aggressively over our border? Australia doesn't have that problem, every item / person has to enter by plane or boat which can be more easily tracked than thousands of people on foot.

2) Speaking of police... for everyone that feels the police/justice system are power hungry and abuse/bully citizens, you now support taking defensive weapons from law abiding citizens? This automatically gives great power, HUGE power, to those you already do not trust and fear. So you are willing to give up the one right you have that would allow We The People more equal footing to fight back against an oppressive / corrupt government?

3) Ammunition restrictions. See #1 above. It will create a great opportunity for criminals to make more money by providing affordable ammo supplied to those we least want to have it.

There's no easy answer. I wonder how this guy feels about removing a valuable tool to protect his family?

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...-attempted-kidnapping-of-daughter-police/amp/

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Actually that's incorrect, but whatever.

You want to keep throwing in Chicago as an example....

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/gun-laws-deaths-and-crimes/

But fear of something possibly happening is not a fact of it happening.......

If you want your gun and are okay with children and babies being the price then fine. You are winning.

No gun laws will be passed. But Sessions will sure as hell go after those pot smokers...
Come now GTGT, factcheck.org? Really? They're about as reliable as Snopes. Fact is, the VAST majority of mass shootings in the last bunch of years have taken place in gun free zones. Theaters, Churches, Schools, etc. Yes,
I'll use Chitown as an example because it's a damned good one. And so are Boston and Detroit. I'm no genius, but I can safely tell you that if I was going to go on a shooting rampage I'd rather go where I could shoot unopposed. How about a country music concert? Starting to ring a bell? Fact is, our constitution allows us the right to carry weapons to protect ourselves, and not just from bad guys, from our own government as well. Had this not been written in we would have been a dictatorship long ago. You know the first step in a government takeover? Yup, remove the guns. Now, you can give up yours if you like. You have that choice. I choose to keep mine and I will gladly use it to defend your right to not own one.

Good Times Good Times

Fact is, our constitution allows us the right to carry weapons to protect ourselves, and not just from bad guys, from our own government as well.
Then mass shootings will not stop, and we need to accept mass shootings as a byproduct. Let's not do the whole "thoughts & prayers" thing and act like we care.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Then mass shootings will not stop, and we need to accept mass shootings as a byproduct. Let's not do the whole "thoughts & prayers" thing and act like we care.
I don't do the thoughts and prayers because I have no one but myself to pray to. But, if people REALLY DO care, they will attempt to do something about the way kids are raised these days. Our public schools are in shambles, and basically, are nothing but liberal indoctrination camps. Colleges further the brainwashing. Kids no longer appreciate the greatness of this country. They are no longer taught to appreciate the flag and what it stands for. They lack discipline because parents are fucking sue happy if their kid is reprimanded for doing something wrong or stupid. Parents use electronics as babysitters, and give in to a kid who throws a tantrum. Schools are hindered by stupid shit like common core, tainted by race baiting, and stupid shit like Michigan is going thru right now with Senate bill 2017-646 that says we can't use racial slurs such as Eskymos, Braves, etc. for our school mascots.
Kids grow up frustrated because of not having direction in their lives. They're pissed and learn to hate successful people simply because they have...well..success and money. So, is it easier to steal it, or go to school for years and earn it?? So, if we put the blame where it really resides, tackle the true issues and fix the inner problems we could do away with this entire debate. There were no fewer guns per capita when I was a kid. Yet, we never feared being killed, robbed, kidnapped, etc. What changed? Liberal indoctrination facilities we loosely call public schools, and the lack of parenting. Guns are much harder to get now than 50 years ago. MANY more gun laws are now in effect than 50 years ago. Yet, we have more punks running the streets. It's not rocket surgery or brain science.

Good Times Good Times

I don't do the thoughts and prayers because I have no one but myself to pray to. But, if people REALLY DO care, they will attempt to do something about the way kids are raised these days. Our public schools are in shambles, and basically, are nothing but liberal indoctrination camps. Colleges further the brainwashing. Kids no longer appreciate the greatness of this country. They are no longer taught to appreciate the flag and what it stands for. They lack discipline because parents are fucking sue happy if their kid is reprimanded for doing something wrong or stupid. Parents use electronics as babysitters, and give in to a kid who throws a tantrum. Schools are hindered by stupid shit like common core, tainted by race baiting, and stupid shit like Michigan is going thru right now with Senate bill 2017-646 that says we can't use racial slurs such as Eskymos, Braves, etc. for our school mascots.
Kids grow up frustrated because of not having direction in their lives. They're pissed and learn to hate successful people simply because they have...well..success and money. So, is it easier to steal it, or go to school for years and earn it?? So, if we put the blame where it really resides, tackle the true issues and fix the inner problems we could do away with this entire debate. There were no fewer guns per capita when I was a kid. Yet, we never feared being killed, robbed, kidnapped, etc. What changed? Liberal indoctrination facilities we loosely call public schools, and the lack of parenting. Guns are much harder to get now than 50 years ago. MANY more gun laws are now in effect than 50 years ago. Yet, we have more punks running the streets. It's not rocket surgery or brain science.
I'm going to disagree that all higher education is liberal indoctrination. I had plenty of non-liberal professors in college, a few of which I still am in contact with.

Regardless, I understand your worldview (society is to blame). Believe me, I could play your role in a flat second.

That being said, all of "those kids"......the immature and those lacking in discipline or resentful, at least they've got a right to their guns.

Good Times Good Times

Like I said, fuck it. Politically, I know I'm not going to win, so again, fuck it. No laws will change, no one wants to try another route other than the status quo, so let's collectively embrace the mass violence that is happening and will continue to happen. I just wish we, as a society, didn't act like we do care. TRUMP pretty much said (I didn't say literally said) that those church people were worth the price of having guns.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm going to disagree that all higher education is liberal indoctrination. I had plenty of non-liberal professors in college, a few of which I still am in contact with.

Regardless, I understand your worldview (society is to blame). Believe me, I could play your role in a flat second.

That being said, all of "those kids"......the immature and those lacking in discipline or resentful, at least they've got a right to their guns.
That's right. You can't arrest someone for what they MAY do. So, on that note, we must be certain to raise the kids with proper appreciation for life, liberty, and respect for others. The same old dead horse adage; The pen doesn't misspell the word, the spoon doesn't make me fat, well the gun doesn't make one a killer. A CHOICE to pull the trigger makes a killer.