Once-thriving BBE forum is all but dead

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
... but didn't you say that he continued to "lurk" (without posting) for quite some time afterward?
Feb. 18, 2017 was his last post. He created a couple of threads that day and one of them was the count down thread where he said "Okay I'm done. Bye". He lurked until June 16th, 2018. That was his last login. I went back and read a LOT of threads in which he was engaged. I found NO major arguments, fights, name calling, nothing. Yes, there were disagreements as there were in most threads. After he posted "Bye" thread I noticed threads disappearing. I tried to contact him but he had me blocked. I wanted to ask what the problem was and if we could discuss the issue. Anyhow, after about 10 of his posts disappeared I realized what he was doing and stopped it. I restored the threads but he never came back.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I have no idea why GT, Rev and Live left. When they left there were barely any disagreements.
GT couldn't handle the constant stream of Pro-Trump posts and conspiracy theories. May be why Live doesn't show up any more too? At least I hope it's that and not anything health related.

I'm on a truck forum where any political post is not allowed. At all. You get one warning and the offending post removed. After that, short vacation. Additional infractions (not sure how many it would take) brings down the ban hammer. They have a healthy, vibrant crowd and some good, creative, funny banter in the misc. section. General camaraderie seems quite good. Coincidence?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
GT couldn't handle the constant stream of Pro-Trump posts and conspiracy theories. May be why Live doesn't show up any more too? At least I hope it's that and not anything health related.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

We can all agree in hopes that it has nothing to do with health-related issues!

sevenpin63

Addicted Member

I'm on a truck forum where any political post is not allowed. At all. You get one warning and the offending post removed. After that, short vacation. Additional infractions (not sure how many it would take) brings down the ban hammer. They have a healthy, vibrant crowd and some good, creative, funny banter in the misc. section. General camaraderie seems quite good. Coincidence?
And that's why I think MI2AZ left.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger

I'm a member of a couple of Harley boards and a couple of amateur radio forums. They use separate forums entirely. They have a misc forum, religious forum and political forum. And I think this works very well for boards that have hundreds, or more, of active members. Around here at AB we don't have enough active members to support 3 or 4 separate forums and you'd end up with about 2 people in each.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
" 2 PEOPLE IN EACH"? AS OPPOSED TO THE 5 OR 6 IN HERE? IF THERE WERE A POLITICAL FORUM IN HERE, I WOULD NEVER POST THERE. BUT IT WOULD KEEP THE BIGGER BATTLES OUT OF HERE. THEN MAYBE GET MORE TRAFFIC IN HERE FROM PAST USERS. MAYBE? JUST A THOUGHT.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IMO, IT SEEMS THE POLITICAL SHIT DRAWS MORE IRE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN AB. STOPPING THAT IN HERE MAY BRING SOME OLD MEMEBERS BACK.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IMO, IT SEEMS THE POLITICAL SHIT DRAWS MORE IRE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN AB. STOPPING THAT IN HERE MAY BRING SOME OLD MEMEBERS BACK.
Doubled edged sword. There are not enough active people here to maintain separate forums. I have been a member of such forums that died because of this. One misc forum is all a board can take when the active membership is small. And, attempting to bring the defectors back, or even recruiting new members is highly unlikely. The first thing you have to realize is that there are probably NO extremely active bowling related boards out there. Maybe if this was disc golf or something it would draw more people. I've tried hauling old members back in many times. A few did show up, but soon left again.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear WAMO:

However, for better or worse, "political s---" is a large percentage of what goes on here. It seems to me that most of us that are left were avid bowlers who no longer participate for whatever reason(s).

The "old forum" had a lot of discussion with regard to bowling and other sports, but have you noticed how infrequently anyone posts in the Bowlers Lounge or Sports forums anymore?

So in the absence of politics, bowling and sports, what would you suggest as other topics that might entice others to join in?