Once-thriving BBE forum is all but dead

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
If the once-thriving Bowling Ball Exchange (BBE) forum isn't officially dead, it may as well be. For the first time in several months, I just took a look at BBE, and the most-recent post was on Aug. 26 -- 28 DAYS AGO! And since July 9, there have been only 3 posts and 2 replies!

Time was when BBE regularly had hundreds of members on line at all daytime hours, and posts and replies were frequent. Now, it's just a "ghost forum" that has gone the way of the PBA, USBC and BR forums. This may well be the last such forum standing.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The Ball Reviews (BR) forum isn't doing a lot better. In their Miscellaneous (all bowling) forum, only 5 threads have been active over the past 6 days, and the most-active thread had only 3 replies yesterday.

Aside from that thread, THERE WAS NO ACTIVITY, with the previous "active" thread having a reply on 12:13 p.m. Monday -- and it was a thread that started on March 13. So it won't be long until it's BYE-BYE BR!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BBE won't even respond to my emails. For years they've had my account on "discourage", which means you errors and all kinds of navigation problems and cannot post a thing. Most times can't even read anything. But, no one seems to respond or fix the issue. I entered the site as a visitor a couple of times and had no problems at all. Even tho they're dead, looks like they don't want me back. LMAO!!!!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
BBE won't even respond to my emails. For years they've had my account on "discourage", which means you errors and all kinds of navigation problems and cannot post a thing. Most times can't even read anything. But, no one seems to respond or fix the issue. I entered the site as a visitor a couple of times and had no problems at all. Even tho they're dead, looks like they don't want me back. LMAO!!!!
Dear Greg T:

Even if you were able to log in and post at BBE, your words would be seen by only a few anyway!

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Even if you were able to log in and post at BBE, your words would be seen by only a few anyway!
Yeah, I noticed that a while back. That's why I quit trying. I've popped into BR a few times and found just what you did. They committed suicide when they removed the non-bowling section. I tried my best to reason with them and asked them to let me manage it, and to let me choose an assistant. I received one response. "Nope. We're done"

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, I noticed that a while back. That's why I quit trying. I've popped into BR a few times and found just what you did. They committed suicide when they removed the non-bowling section. I tried my best to reason with them and asked them to let me manage it, and to let me choose an assistant. I received one response. "Nope. We're done"
Dear Greg T;

Well, let's see if -- as possibly indicated in another thread -- you and WAMO can "round up" some of the "old hands" from those other forums and increase participation in this one. Good luck in any such efforts.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T;

Well, let's see if -- as possibly indicated in another thread -- you and WAMO can "round up" some of the "old hands" from those other forums and increase participation in this one. Good luck in any such efforts.
I don't think there's much of a chance on that. As I said, I've tried a few times, did get responses, but nothing positive.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't think there's much of a chance on that. As I said, I've tried a few times, did get responses, but nothing positive.
Dear Greg T:

He may not be successful either, but WAMO does know a lot of people who were members of this forum way back when, so perhaps he can lure back a few of them.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

He may not be successful either, but WAMO does know a lot of people who were members of this forum way back when, so perhaps he can lure back a few of them.
I hope so. I can't get to a lot of the old BR crew. Apparently, they still me blocked!! :)

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS WHY I TOLD EVERYONE WE WERE STARTING OVER WITH A CLEAN SLATE. BUT WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TO THAT. IF THERE IS A BATTLE GOING ON AND SOME OF THE OLD CREW STOP IN AND SEE A THAT, LOOKS LIKE SAME OLD SHIT TO THEM.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THATS WHY I TOLD EVERYONE WE WERE STARTING OVER WITH A CLEAN SLATE. BUT WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TO THAT. IF THERE IS A BATTLE GOING ON AND SOME OF THE OLD CREW STOP IN AND SEE A THAT, LOOKS LIKE SAME OLD SHIT TO THEM.
Dear WAMO:

Well, yes and no. This forum seemed to thrive a number of years ago, and such posters as HuskerDallas (the late Brian Towle), Jorge300 and others seemed to enjoy forum disputes.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear WAMO:

Well, yes and no. This forum seemed to thrive a number of years ago, and such posters as HuskerDallas (the late Brian Towle), Jorge300 and others seemed to enjoy forum disputes.
I was also a non-frequent member waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I believe I joined in either 99 or maybe 2k. Then when BR was blowing up I spent more time here, though, still not a lot. But when the software was changed my account was lost and had to start over. I remember Hose and the guys. Gotta tell ya tho, in the way-back years this was a clique of southern boys.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YES G, IT WAS. TEXAS, WHERE TONY IS FROM, LOUISIANA, GEORGIA, OKLAHOMA, FLORIDA, MAINLY, BUT WE HAD A COUPLE FROM AUSTRAILIA, AND SOME OTHERS SCATERED OUT. I BELIEVE THIS BOWLING FORUM WAS SET UP BY TONY FOR THE SOUTHWEST REGION. THATS WHERE WE ALL BOWLED AND WOULD RUN INTO EACH OTHER AT TOURNYS. MOST OF THE TALK BACK IN THE DAY WAS ABOUT EQUIPMENT, NOT THE BS IN HERE NOW. AS SOON AS THIS FORUM STARTED FILLING UP WITH OFF RAMP STUFF, OTHER THAN FOR YOUR EYES ONLY STUFF, BOOBS, PEOPLE STARTED DISAPPEARING. WHEN YOU GUYS MIGRATED FROM BR THERE WERE ALOT MORE IN HERE THAN NOW. WHEN THE BATTLES STARTED GETTING SEVERLY HEATED, THEY STARTED DISAPPERAING. ARE WE SEEING A PATTERN YET? I DO NOT REMEMBER HIS SCREEN NAME, BUT THERE WAS A GUY FROM MICHIGAN THAT FREQUENTED HERE. MAYBE IT WAS G? I WAS NOT A MEMEBER OF ANY OF THE OTHER SITES THAT ARE SHUTTING OR HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN, EXCEPT PBA, SO I DO NOT KNOW THE REASONS. BUT, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, FROM FORUM MEMBERS IN HERE, IS IT WAS DO TO HEATED BATTLES. I DONT KNOW WHO WERE MEMBERS OF THOSE OTHERS, BUT IF PEOPLE FROM THEM ARE IN HERE, I DONT SEE THIS FORUM GOING MUCH FARTHER THAN IT IS NOW. AND THE FOLKS THAT WERE IN HERE FROM BR, THAT HAVE LEFT, ARE NOT THE ISSUE. SO, ARE WE GOING TO TRY AND BE CIVIL AND PLAY NICE OR CARRY ON LIKE ALWAYS?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
YES G, IT WAS. TEXAS, WHERE TONY IS FROM, LOUISIANA, GEORGIA, OKLAHOMA, FLORIDA, MAINLY, BUT WE HAD A COUPLE FROM AUSTRAILIA, AND SOME OTHERS SCATERED OUT. I BELIEVE THIS BOWLING FORUM WAS SET UP BY TONY FOR THE SOUTHWEST REGION. THATS WHERE WE ALL BOWLED AND WOULD RUN INTO EACH OTHER AT TOURNYS. MOST OF THE TALK BACK IN THE DAY WAS ABOUT EQUIPMENT, NOT THE BS IN HERE NOW. AS SOON AS THIS FORUM STARTED FILLING UP WITH OFF RAMP STUFF, OTHER THAN FOR YOUR EYES ONLY STUFF, BOOBS, PEOPLE STARTED DISAPPEARING. WHEN YOU GUYS MIGRATED FROM BR THERE WERE ALOT MORE IN HERE THAN NOW. WHEN THE BATTLES STARTED GETTING SEVERLY HEATED, THEY STARTED DISAPPERAING. ARE WE SEEING A PATTERN YET? I DO NOT REMEMBER HIS SCREEN NAME, BUT THERE WAS A GUY FROM MICHIGAN THAT FREQUENTED HERE. MAYBE IT WAS G? I WAS NOT A MEMEBER OF ANY OF THE OTHER SITES THAT ARE SHUTTING OR HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN, EXCEPT PBA, SO I DO NOT KNOW THE REASONS. BUT, FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, FROM FORUM MEMBERS IN HERE, IS IT WAS DO TO HEATED BATTLES. I DONT KNOW WHO WERE MEMBERS OF THOSE OTHERS, BUT IF PEOPLE FROM THEM ARE IN HERE, I DONT SEE THIS FORUM GOING MUCH FARTHER THAN IT IS NOW. AND THE FOLKS THAT WERE IN HERE FROM BR, THAT HAVE LEFT, ARE NOT THE ISSUE. SO, ARE WE GOING TO TRY AND BE CIVIL AND PLAY NICE OR CARRY ON LIKE ALWAYS?
Yes, but those battles, when we first came over, were from the same assholes that killed BR. I spent close to 12 or more hours a day for a few months cleaning them out of here. It was a fucking battle that I'll not soon forget. As soon as I deleted and blocked a member they had another I.D. ready to go. I told them they would not win, but they kept trying. I worked with Tony on the registration process and now we have it where the registration needs to be approved, as do the first two posts. This has take care of the dipshits coming in. It also helps me clear out the spammers every fucking day. I wish those that left would try us out again now that those assholes are gone.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS WHAT IM SAYING G. YOU SAY THE ASSHOLES WERE WEEDED OUT, YET HERE WE ARE WITH ONLY 4 OR 5 LEFT FROM BR. AND THE BATTLES STILL CONTINUED IN HERE AFTER THE WEEDING PROCESS. THE BATTLE PATTERN STILL EXISTS. GT, REV AND SOME OTHERS LEFT AFTER THE SUPPOSED WEEDING PROCESS. SO???

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
THATS WHAT IM SAYING G. YOU SAY THE ASSHOLES WERE WEEDED OUT, YET HERE WE ARE WITH ONLY 4 OR 5 LEFT FROM BR. AND THE BATTLES STILL CONTINUED IN HERE AFTER THE WEEDING PROCESS. THE BATTLE PATTERN STILL EXISTS. GT, REV AND SOME OTHERS LEFT AFTER THE SUPPOSED WEEDING PROCESS. SO???
No, I'm talking about all out battles. Not disagreements. Disagreement and spirited debate are welcome here. That's what this forum is 4. When we all first came over those battles were of a completely different nature.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Without a doubt, in the first few years since Greg took over as moderator, there were very few "battles" of serious nature, except for the early-on issues that Greg described a few posts back. Therefore, it logically shouldn't be difficult to get some of the "old-timers" in the forum to come back. Then again, with regard to bowling, most of those who quit the game aren't likely to come back, either.